Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

Don't Stop is a cute bopp with a very radio friendly sound but it would have been hella basic. 

Love Tried To Welcome Me is that bitch and Inside Of Me would also have been a lovely little single. 

Will always be pissed Bedtime Stories only got a four single run. When Like A Prayer / Erotica / Ray Of Light all got 5+

At least we were spared another BabyFace single in Forbidden Love.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

At least we were spared another BabyFace single in Forbidden Love.

Erm, excuse you?! It's amazing. That other set of lyrics under the verses? Girl, the feels. The middle-8 is also a serve. "Rejection is the greatest aphrodisiac..."

Speaking of serves, imagine if they unearthed "I Want You" in October and released it as an EP with those promo remixes. Damn, I think I'd cry. The single that never was...

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I imagine we would have gotten a few more singles if the 1995 tour had gone ahead. At least that one was cancelled for a film that was actually good :Madonna038:

On 3/21/2021 at 7:46 PM, Prayer said:

It was kinda "OK, you've had your fucking Babyface #1 safe ballad hit from me, now let me do my thing". I think it was a very bold move - and another reason to love and appreciate her.

That's what I thought too that she was allowed to release Bedtime Story because of the success of Take a Bow, but according to Mark Romanek they were working on the video since August 1994 so I guess it was planned all along. I think Human Nature was that gift, I remember reading Warner wanted Forbidden Love instead.

On 3/22/2021 at 3:00 AM, thegoldencalf said:

He only said all the dance mixes for LDHA were scrapped because she didn’t want to do anything clubby because of Evita coming up. But that doesn’t add up since as soon as Evita was released the DCFMA mixes came out. 

He might be telling the truth. DCFMA remixes were never planned and she had to fight to release them. I remember reading Alan Parker was against it as they were aiming for radio friendly ballads to be able to sell the double album soundtrack - no physical single releases. And DCFMA remixes were only released commercially once they saw the soundtrack is selling well. So not releasing LDLHA remixes might have been an early instruction from Parker/Warner in order to create and maintain a certain image for Madonna.

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

Will always be pissed Bedtime Stories only got a four single run. When Like A Prayer / Erotica / Ray Of Light all got 5+

Four is what they always aimed for, everything else was a deviation from he plan for one reason or another. But I wish they went Michael Jackson on her and did 9+, that would have been magic.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:28 PM, lucasciccone said:

The Junior's Single Mix version has reached more than 100.000k plays on Spotify, that's quite impressive since the numbers for the old remixes they've been putting out are very low. Does anyone know if it was added to some playlist? 

50% plays are mine. #sorrynotsorry

15 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

He might be telling the truth. DCFMA remixes were never planned and she had to fight to release them. I remember reading Alan Parker was against it as they were aiming for radio friendly ballads to be able to sell the double album soundtrack - no physical single releases. And DCFMA remixes were only released commercially once they saw the soundtrack is selling well. So not releasing LDLHA remixes might have been an early instruction from Parker/Warner in order to create and maintain a certain image for Madonna.

Pretty sure she recorded the new vocals for DCFMA when she was still pregnant, months before the album was released, so it was always planned to give it the club treatement.

Alan Parker would have had no place instructing Warner how to manage M's non-soundtrack-related releases. I mean, they literally recrafted her image to be a slinky balladress to pave the way for Evita. A few club mixes of a 10 year old song were not going to derail that makeover.

28 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Pretty sure she recorded the new vocals for DCFMA when she was still pregnant, months before the album was released, so it was always planned to give it the club treatement.

Alan Parker would have had no place instructing Warner how to manage M's non-soundtrack-related releases. I mean, they literally recrafted her image to be a slinky balladress to pave the way for Evita. A few club mixes of a 10 year old song were not going to derail that makeover.

Correct.

And again - correct - Alan Parker had no say in the remixes, but Andrew Lloyd Webber had to approve the remixes for DCFMA and Buenos Aires:

https://books.google.ca/books?id=yQkEAAAAMBAJ&pg=PA31&dq=estefan+don't+cry+for+me+argentina+madonna+pablo+flores&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjt6ImX_8jvAhWHZ80KHWyjCloQ6AEwA3oECAEQAg#v=onepage&q=estefan don't cry for me argentina madonna pablo flores&f=false

22 minutes ago, captainjay said:

Getting wires crossed here, nobody involved in the movie would have had any say in LDLHA remixes which is what someone suggested.

12 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Getting wires crossed here, nobody involved in the movie would have had any say in LDLHA remixes which is what someone suggested.

Agree. 

I was speaking specifically about Evita remixes - I also see wires crossed - but that's okay. Uncrossed!

And while no one would have had any specific say in remixes of LDLHA, it is very possible that it was strongly suggested that her image be curated and maintained until the release of the film or until the theatrical run - or else. A lot was at stake for them and her - fucking with that investment would have been a problem. And Madonna desperately wanted for Evita to succeed, so she'd have played along or agreed herself to just let Evita shine and put Madonna aside for a while.

1 hour ago, captainjay said:

Agree. 

I was speaking specifically about Evita remixes - I also see wires crossed - but that's okay. Uncrossed!

And while no one would have had any specific say in remixes of LDLHA, it is very possible that it was strongly suggested that her image be curated and maintained until the release of the film or until the theatrical run - or else. A lot was at stake for them and her - fucking with that investment would have been a problem. And Madonna desperately wanted for Evita to succeed, so she'd have played along or agreed herself to just let Evita shine and put Madonna aside for a while.

Indeed. But even Madonna herself was well aware she needed an image makeover leading up to it filming. That's what 'Something To Remember' was designed to do after she got finally the part in Spring '95 (she mentioned just getting it in the Pyjama Party interview).

On 3/23/2021 at 10:10 PM, GhostOrchid said:

Four is what they always aimed for, everything else was a deviation from he plan for one reason or another. But I wish they went Michael Jackson on her and did 9+, that would have been magic.

Not true actually. Bedtime Stories was gonna have 5 singles and they were sort of announced pretty early on during the era. The fifth single was going to be Forbidden Love with Don't Stop as b-side. It was cancelled in favor of I Want You (which also got cancelled) but then put on Something to Remember.

Nothing came up today in New Zealand... Guess we'll be taking a break this week. 
Although a reminder that "Like a Prayer" popped up literally two days before release date, so I'll never exclude the element of surprise with these. Just chanting for a "Ray of Light"/"Express Yourself" scalping in May, everything else can take its time.