Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

On 3/23/2021 at 5:10 PM, GhostOrchid said:

Four is what they always aimed for, everything else was a deviation from he plan for one reason or another. But I wish they went Michael Jackson on her and did 9+, that would have been magic.

It would've been amazing but Warner was always concerned about not overexposing Madonna with multiple singles and videos off one album. Meanwhile, Sony pretty much turned every song on an MJ album into a single.

On 4/1/2021 at 12:58 PM, rlittler81 said:

I'd love to know how The Beast Within came about. 

When I hear the vocals from the beast within it sounds to me like the afected voice she used to have because of  the Blond Ambition tour. Seems like if she had recorded it right after the tour was done. Probably it was recorded during the same JML sessions, but to me those Beast Within Vocals have that Blond Ambition afected raw voice sound that is not present in JML.

4 minutes ago, Drum Dub said:

When I hear the vocals from the beast within it sounds to me like the afected voice she used to have because of  the Blond Ambition tour. Seems like if she had recorded it right after the tour was done. Probably it was recorded during the same JML sessions, but to me those Beast Within Vocals have that Blond Ambition afected raw voice sound that is not present in JML.

Yes it definitely sounds less lush than JML and more raspy like Blond Ambition

10 hours ago, Drum Dub said:

"Justify My Love" was recorded on her birthday 1990, right? That was 10 days after the tour was finished. Surely "The Beast Within" and "Rescue Me" were recorded around that time, too. Maybe in "Justify My Love" she was just replicating Ingrid's style from the demo and was able to bring that "lush" voice out.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

"Justify My Love" was recorded on her birthday 1990, right? That was 10 days after the tour was finished. Surely "The Beast Within" and "Rescue Me" were recorded around that time, too. Maybe in "Justify My Love" she was just replicating Ingrid's style from the demo and was able to bring that "lush" voice out.

Ingrid did say that M really managed to replicate her original demo vocal perfectly. If anyone's ever heard Ingrid's May 19 1992 album, you can definitely hear that spoken word style.

With JML being recorded August 16th, Rescue Me must have been recorded around the same time, possibly earlier with her voice still being so strained, although she was smoking around that time which probably made her voice more raspy.

She was in LA at Herb Ritts' birthday party (Aug 18th) and the 'After Dark, My Sweet' Premiere  (Aug 21). JML and RM were both recorded in New York, where it's assumed she would have gone after finishing Blond Ambition, so I'd say RM was done the week after BA finished, between 7th - 15th Aug, I think she stayed on in Nice for a few days after the tour ended so she was probably back in New York by the 10th when she started recording. The JML remixes were probably done 16th/17th Aug if she was in LA on the 18th.

Lenny said he met up with Madonna in Europe during the BA tour (Paris? July) and then phoned her with the idea of her recording JML at some point, so I'm wondering when the greatest hits was decided as it seems she's gone straight into recording songs for it after the tour finished.

images.jpeg

Herb Ritts birthday party (Aug 18th)

tumblr_0bbf42de2da75291700c383d942d9ef5_b0e13ef1_1280.png.9f70c9ec4acb142d73c40473366c0f8d.png

'After Dark, My Sweet' Premiere (wearing the Immaculate collection photo shoot Basque!) (Aug 21)

Madonna met with Archer Communications in LA during late August who convinced her to use Q-sound on her upcoming greatest hits. Justify was recorded sometime after her birthday in August, as all work for the album was done in NJ/NY. Shep didn’t begin work on The Immaculate Collection till mid September. Rescue Me was a last edition and was recorded around the same time Shep started was remixing the album.

7 hours ago, New_Boy said:

This start/stop strategy is a head scratcher. Will patiently wait for three more hours to see if we have a surprise drop this week, but I highly doubt it.

Yeah, it's very frustrating. 808 State are releasing their singles digitally every week and they post on Facebook a bit of history behind the song/single. I wish M's team would do this rather than the haphazard releases they're doing now.

On 4/10/2021 at 2:27 PM, GhostOrchid said:

obviously not the spoken parts, listen towards the end for about a minute and a half when she sings "I believe you can rescue me". The same deep voice, i can literally hear Cher singing "do you believe.." 4:15, 4:50

I do not hear Cher.  I do in the Living for Love intro but definitely not in Rescue Me.