Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

Its also crazy that by the end of this week, Juniors Bedtime Story single remix will probably have more plays than the album edit which has been on streaming for maybe a decade on GHV2.

These releases are doing wonders for her streaming profile now they're being done correctly.

10 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Its also crazy that by the end of this week, Juniors Bedtime Story single remix will probably have more plays than the album edit which has been on streaming for maybe a decade on GHV2.

These releases are doing wonders for her streaming profile now they're being done correctly.

Poor Orbital were robbed, they deserved the boost from being listed moreso than Junior having delivered (possibly) the best remix of her career!

5 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

Poor Orbital were robbed, they deserved the boost from being listed moreso than Junior having delivered (possibly) the best remix of her career!

It was the right choice, boosting a 9-minute remix can be damaging instead of good. Those are sent to Release Radar weekly playlists for Madonna's fans on Spotify, but if they skip the song (and that's likely to happen with an old long remix) it's damaging, not helpful. :cute:

40 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It was the right choice, boosting a 9-minute remix can be damaging instead of good. Those are sent to Release Radar weekly playlists for Madonna's fans on Spotify, but if they skip the song (and that's likely to happen with an old long remix) it's damaging, not helpful. :cute:

Which bodes really well for future EP's . They're more likely to include the promo only remix edits not typically found on the mainstream release. 

Fever (edit one) my hole is ready. 

On 3/24/2021 at 1:38 PM, Bjonkers said:

Pretty sure she recorded the new vocals for DCFMA when she was still pregnant, months before the album was released, so it was always planned to give it the club treatement.

Alan Parker would have had no place instructing Warner how to manage M's non-soundtrack-related releases. I mean, they literally recrafted her image to be a slinky balladress to pave the way for Evita. A few club mixes of a 10 year old song were not going to derail that makeover.

This is not my oppinion, I am paraphrasing what I read in an interview with someone involved in the project but can't remember who. You can dig it up on this forum. 

Also it's one thing to record the vocals and another to fight to get the remixes released. Yes she recorded the vocals when she was pregnant and then took the finished product to warner for approval. And yes they were meant for club play but the struggle was to get them out commercially - for people to buy. I wish I could remember who exactly said this and where I read it but that was the conversation. So don't kill the messenger ?

On 3/25/2021 at 10:52 AM, Le Freaq said:

Not true actually. Bedtime Stories was gonna have 5 singles and they were sort of announced pretty early on during the era. The fifth single was going to be Forbidden Love with Don't Stop as b-side. It was cancelled in favor of I Want You (which also got cancelled) but then put on Something to Remember.

You know for a fact that they announced 5 singles early on during the era? Like, how early?

On 3/24/2021 at 2:12 PM, captainjay said:

YES, thank you. One of them ?

On 3/24/2021 at 2:37 PM, Bjonkers said:

Getting wires crossed here, nobody involved in the movie would have had any say in LDLHA remixes which is what someone suggested.

MY bad. it was Andrew Lloyd Webber, not Alan Parker. And regarding the LDLHA remixes, I said MAYBE. Based on what the story was with DCFMA remixes.

2 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

You know for a fact that they announced 5 singles early on during the era? Like, how early?

Yes. I read it in the Bedtime Stories Genesis thread on Madonna-Nation. I don’t remember who from Madonna's team announced the singles though but it’s a pretty well-known fact that Forbidden Love was going to be a single.

1 minute ago, Le Freaq said:

Yes. I read it in the Bedtime Stories Genesis thread on Madonna-Nation. I don’t remember who from Madonna's team announced the singles though but it’s a pretty well-known fact that Forbidden Love was going to be a single.

Hence its inclusion on Something To Remember. 

12 minutes ago, Le Freaq said:

Ok thanks. yes i know about Forbidden Love being planned as a single but i figured it got replaced by Human Nature after the success of Take a Bow and Madonna was rewarded by getting to choose the 4th single instead.

On 3/24/2021 at 8:38 AM, Bjonkers said:

Pretty sure she recorded the new vocals for DCFMA when she was still pregnant, months before the album was released, so it was always planned to give it the club treatement.

Yeah ICON had announced on their website that she went into the studio to re-record the vocals. It sounds as if she only re-recorded the choruses and the ending though.

11 hours ago, brank000 said:

Yeah ICON had announced on their website that she went into the studio to re-record the vocals. It sounds as if she only re-recorded the choruses and the ending though.

Yea - I read that too and that she worked closely and kinda co produced the remix -

12 hours ago, brank000 said:

This is like one of the VERY rare cases where she did something like that. She hang up on producers who called her and asked if she could re-record the vocals for some Human Nature remixes.

On 3/28/2021 at 4:48 PM, Le Freaq said:

This is like one of the VERY rare cases where she did something like that. She hang up on producers who called her and asked if she could re-record the vocals for some Human Nature remixes.

The only other time I know she did it was for "Justify My Love".

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think she re-recorded any vocals for those remixes. I think they just used different vocals that were done for the original song but never made the cut.

I'm 99.99% that she did. I remember reading from a few different sources that when she went back in to do the Beast Within she also re-recorded extra vocals.

3 minutes ago, brank000 said:

I'm 99.99% that she did. I remember reading from a few different sources that when she went back in to do the Beast Within she also re-recorded extra vocals.

As far as I know, beast within and jml was all done in the same session. Lenny was still with her when beast within was recorded

I'd love to know how The Beast Within came about. It seems so random! The JML maxi single is similar to what Prince would often do; several 'remixes' that are actually completely newly recorded songs that often contain musical elements of the main song. See maxi-singles such as 'New Power Generation', 'Gett Off' or 'Cream'.