Frozen + Bedtime Story remixes on streaming 3/12 , 3/19

luckystar908

8 hours ago, New_Boy said:

@bertrandCurious about one thing - what could be the earliest Madonna releases which were available on DAT and possible to retrieve similar to the Drumapellas? Could we ever get the vinyl releases of "You Can Dance" in lossless quality one day? Or is it "Like a Prayer" onwards? I know they proudly flaunted "A digital recording" on the cover...

DAT has been used by studios since the late 80s... Before DAT, a lot of studios used a machine called the Sony 1630 which would convert a digital audio signal into an analog video signal, which could then be read back into a digital signal by the same machine. Some used VHS, some used u-Matic tapes. Think of it like a video but each frame is similar to a QR code.

When you see 'From 1630 Source' on some of these in-house CDs, that's what it's referring to.

mad1.jpg.e2b054939e79ded52b6c368409e7b825.jpg

There is a CDR from 2001 that has the Holiday YCD remix 'from 1630 source' so I guess all of them would exist in that format.

The oldest warner in house studios DAT i have is from 1997.

LABEL.thumb.jpg.c6884658baf72e1a4fd5c67d8676abbf.jpg

1 minute ago, sbrombolessio said:

@bertrand thank you for your clear infos.... as for in-house promo CDs...

Some of them say 1630 source and other CD source. 

Should I consider 1630 a higher quality source? 

Should be exactly the same. It's the same data, just stored in a different way.

9 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

Hey guys I have something to say, the cover used for the digital release of Frozen wasn't made especially for the digital release, is from the 2008 re-release of the single in the US, here you can check it that is an official release! @New_Boy @Prayer @roccolino

https://madonnadiscography.pl/releases/frozen-occz

md_OIrynn9MYlaTnWzNnUGfajToNYNmHcphXKbbFGTxiph7xfAYuRAYnFio2mHs.jpg

Wow! Great find, thank you!

1 hour ago, PanditaRulez said:

Hey guys I have something to say, the cover used for the digital release of Frozen wasn't made especially for the digital release, is from the 2008 re-release of the single in the US, here you can check it that is an official release! @New_Boy @Prayer @roccolino@Dazedmadonna

https://madonnadiscography.pl/releases/frozen-occz

md_OIrynn9MYlaTnWzNnUGfajToNYNmHcphXKbbFGTxiph7xfAYuRAYnFio2mHs.jpg

Interesting. But it’s still a mistake. Whoever was in charge didn’t have the sans serif version of the font available, and only used the serif version. As pointed out by previous posters.

On 3/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, bertrand said:

There is a CDR from 2001 that has the Holiday YCD remix 'from 1630 source' so I guess all of them would exist in that format.

http://utenti.quipo.it/Madonnamad/CDs/Acetateusa/holidaymixesUSA4.jpg

Holiday - Mixes (2001 US 4-track Warner promo only compilation CD-R acetate, custom stickered disc and studio title sleeve).
01. Holiday Lpv
02. Holiday Edit
04. Holiday 6:50 Version
04. Holiday Dub

OMG!!! So there is hope we're finally getting the YCD versions.

As usual, the volume checks.
01/02/03/05/06- they look better waveform-wise than my UK CD2 rips, which have flattened peaks. Can someone check against the US CD and see if they match? Honestly, I'm not sure if my file are messed up, or UK CD2 always had such mastering...
04 - identical to the album version from "Bedtime Stories"
07 - identical to the copy from UK CD1
08 - bit-identical to a rip I've had already, which must've come from a Promo CD
09/10 - quite a bit louder than my local files
11 - identical to my local file
12 - louder than my local file
13 - identical to the version on GHV2 Remixed
14/15 - I think my local files were vinyl rips, while these seem like proper digital files

UK and US CDs have the same files from what I can see and they look identical. It's true that these new versions look slightly fuller, but I don't think it really makes a difference.

Tracks 9 and 10 were also vinyl only, they are top quality here. We have a nice complete collection! What's missing is only a better artwork :eyes:

10 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

I always felt you were handling it on the down low! <3 If not you, then someone who is definitely reading what the heauxmeauxsegshuals have to say.

I wish! But I can't take any credit, I don't have the slightest idea who is working on this. I'd be happy to help if they reach out, but looking at these last two releases it doesn't seem like they need me :)

Guest Nobody Knows Me

If anyone handling this is reading, any chance of going back to the Secret EP and throwing in Let Down Your Guard?

:Madonna041: