Managing your Madonna library in Apple Music/iTunes

RUADJAI

2 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I use two genres for her on iTunes: Madonna and Madonna Live. Everything gets sorted from there in its album home (Ex. American Life Remixes). I keep it pretty tight but I have a lot of wandering files and doubles to go through every few months. 

I use the heart to help me keep track of what I've organized or what needs to be organized. And then every few weeks, I'll grab a tea on a sunday and sit down and filter by what doesn't have a heart and then organize those. Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd share how I do it. Helps me keep all iTunes super organized.

83350615_ScreenShot2021-03-06at7_27_05PM.png.b4bdb8e1426bd9402f16c92f185ec4d9.png

2 hours ago, captainjay said:

I use the heart to help me keep track of what I've organized or what needs to be organized. And then every few weeks, I'll grab a tea on a sunday and sit down and filter by what doesn't have a heart and then organize those. Not sure if that helps, but thought I'd share how I do it. Helps me keep all iTunes super organized.

83350615_ScreenShot2021-03-06at7_27_05PM.png.b4bdb8e1426bd9402f16c92f185ec4d9.png

It's so interesting to me to see how other people manage their iTunes. I use the stars rating system (1 star means something is wrong with the track and it needs to be addressed, 5 stars means everything is how it should be, anything between means a minor change like updating artwork). That said, it's taken forever to get things organized to the point that it is and I can't imagine doing it all over again.

14 hours ago, captainjay said:

where did you get the artwork from? fabulous 

11 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

where did you get the artwork from? fabulous 

I always go for official album/single covers when they exist. Next, I'll use promo only artwork (for things like You Can Dance single releases or Nobody Knows Me, Buenos Aires) and when that isn't an option, I'll utilize some of the amazing fan-made artwork found here:

http://madonnafanmadecovers.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, vncsmoraes said:

Quick question: how do you guys organize the demos, the unreleased stuff and the live bootlegs and studio versions?

You make an EP for each song or you have it under like "Confession Demos", "Rebel Heart Outtakes" and stuff?

For me, demos get organized by album (So I have "Rebel Heart Demos", "Hard Candy Demos", etc) the exception being if they were all from one set (for example I have the Ray Of Light Demo Assembly by itself). Live bootlegs by show (Blonde Ambition New Jersey, Blonde Ambition Dallas, etc). Studio versions by tour (MDNA Tour Studio Versions, Confessions Tour Studio Versions, etc).

19 minutes ago, voguemadonna said:

For me, demos get organized by album (So I have "Rebel Heart Demos", "Hard Candy Demos", etc) the exception being if they were all from one set (for example I have the Ray Of Light Demo Assembly by itself). Live bootlegs by show (Blonde Ambition New Jersey, Blonde Ambition Dallas, etc). Studio versions by tour (MDNA Tour Studio Versions, Confessions Tour Studio Versions, etc).

I do exactly the same thing! :)

On 3/7/2021 at 10:51 PM, ScottyX said:

I don't have the patience for it. lol

My folders are very organized , just not suited for itunes

Same. I stopped using iTunes as it sent my OCD into overdrive and took over my life! Now, I use Spotify and import all the missing tracks, albums, bootlegs etc and sort them into playlists and add a cover manually. Can be faffy syncing with my phone but find it less time consuming that iTunes.

Screenshot 2021-03-10 at 19.35.59.png

On 3/10/2021 at 11:12 AM, vncsmoraes said:

Quick question: how do you guys organize the demos, the unreleased stuff and the live bootlegs and studio versions?

You make an EP for each song or you have it under like "Confession Demos", "Rebel Heart Outtakes" and stuff?

I don’t like having fake albums in my iTunes. For unreleased, I have 1 whole compilation album filled with that kind of content. Though with these recent in-house/label reference cd-r demo albums (rol demo assembly, music demo assembly, confessions feb demo disc, rain tapes, etc...) I have separate albums for them. Basically if it’s cataloged on Discogs, it gets a separate entry. 

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone!

I use Apple Music for all my MP3s etc.

But is there is also a program to manage FLAC files?

I love how Apple Music puts it on my harddrive like this >> Madonna / American Life / (song from American Life)

It orders everything and makes folders from the MP3tag.. is there also a program that can do the same for FLAC?

• 1 year later...