Full House Album in 1991?

Arckangel

On 3/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, AModSquad said:

Im torn with Deee-lite - Lady Kier is a conservative now, reposting gop tweets and vaccine conspiracy theories.  Ill keep enjoying what I own but its a tough pill to swallow.

Oh noooo! Is that a recent thing? I remember her as being progressive but might be wrong.

Also I guess we can cut her some slack since M started going overboard with the conspiracy theories too. I still can’t believe she called the “demon seed doctor” Her Hero! Lol

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

Oh noooo! Is that a recent thing? I remember her as being progressive but might be wrong.

Also I guess we can cut her some slack since M started going overboard with the conspiracy theories too. I still can’t believe she called the “demon seed doctor” Her Hero! Lol

apparently its a known thing for long while but shes gotten more vocal about it.

14 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

No she's not!!  Where did you see that?  I've followed her for years, she's not conservative in the least!

I was going to grab some screen shots from twitter for you but her accounts been suspended.  Maybe, she got hacked?  There was post after post especially around election time.  I actually hope to be wrong.

14 hours ago, momosfantasy said:

No she's not!!  Where did you see that?  I've followed her for years, she's not conservative in the least!

shit, i hope im wrong but I cant show you the tweets i was so upset about - her twitter has been taken down.  Maybe she got hacked and had it taken down?

On 3/24/2021 at 12:43 AM, AModSquad said:

shit, i hope im wrong but I cant show you the tweets i was so upset about - her twitter has been taken down.  Maybe she got hacked and had it taken down?

That's the only thing I can think of.  She was a big Bernie supporter, and she's done Pride events for years.   Unless she had some kind of very recent mental breakdown, she must have been hacked.  She seems like a very likeable, sweet, progressive woman, and I just can't see her suddenly doing a 180 like that.

1 hour ago, momosfantasy said:

That's the only thing I can think of.  She was a big Bernie supporter, and she's done Pride events for years.   Unless she had some kind of very recent mental breakdown, she must have been hacked.  She seems like a very likeable, sweet, progressive woman, and I just can't see her suddenly doing a 180 like that.

she did NOT seem anti-gay even in her recent posts.  They were just skewing "wake-up" and she was retweeting anti-vax articles, and pro trump articles and things along the lines of the dems took this bernie (which i dont necessarily disagree with).

On 3/8/2021 at 3:59 AM, Arckangel said:

A poster recently made an interesting remark. Vogue is one of those songs Madonna made that is unlike anything else she's done. I mean, some other songs (incl. remixes) she made at the time were similar in sound... But what if Madonna had made a full-length house album in the exact same genre as Vogue and songs recorded by dance acts of the time?

Erotica had house material, but I'm talking about something different, not as dark, more commercial... In 1991, Mo was busy working on Erotica and some movies, but I sometimes feel a release of hers lacked in the early nineties. Vogue and The Immaculate Collection were so huge... A solid house album released before Erotica could have been interesting and made it a smoother transition.

History can't be rewritten at this point, but yeah... It could have helped in some ways.

You know how many times I thought of this same Idea. Like, Shep was there. Imagine Vogue and Rescue Me and 10 others like them on the same album! Man. I feel like Erotica was supposed to be that album, but then, Im glad we got Erotica too.

I'm just sad that opportunity hadn't been fully utilised with Shep being there. It's like recruiting Babyface and saying, okay we're making a dance record.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:00 PM, Blue Jean said:

I see what you mean. Had she of not done Dick Tracy maybe that's what we would have gotten instead of I'm Breathless. I love I'm Breathless so much but from a commercial standpoint it didn't really have much of an impact and I'm sure the label probably only green lit it because she was at her peak and was untouchable. An album to compliment Vogue and Rescue Me would have been huge though.

With I'm Breathless I think both Madonna and Warner were going for what Prince did with his Batman album which came out a year prior. Literally the same idea and concept and it was massive. So they probably thought okay let's do the same thing it's got to work.