Madonna on Fortnite

RUADJAI

I think Madonna should hop on the Fortnite train and release a character or a few, a few emotes, and possibly a "Live" performance. So many popular emotes are popping up now from major recording artists like Megan Thee Stallion, BTS, Due Lipa, Doja Cat, Travis Scott, Gangnam Style, the Weekend. 

Travis Scott put on a whole 10 minute concert that enabled him to perform in ways only a video game  or virtual reality could. The player is free to roam around the performance space as they please... at times being knocked back or thrown in the air to float around the artist as the artist morphs or transports to different places. 

Maybe it seems removed from her brand, but I can't help but think the master of media would have done this already were it the 90's and this technology was this far along. 

I play Fortnite all the time and I think it would be awesome to kill someone in game and then Vogue on their dead body. Or give a quick hello to my teammates with a little "Bitch I'm Madonna". 

In addition to music stars, they've already done crossovers that are extremely respectful with Marvel, The Predator, The Terminator, Ghostbusters, Batman, Alien, Star Wars, Street Fighter, Avengers, John Wick, Tron, Stranger Things and the Walking Dead. 

To me it seems like a no brainer and something she could easily work on while mass concert events are still not happening. 

I wasn't really that aware of Travis Scott, but after watching his performance in the game I looked up his music and became a fan.

Travis Scott Live performance

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

So many popular emotes are popping up now from major recording artists like Megan Thee Stallion, BTS, Due Lipa, Doja Cat, Travis Scott, Gangnam Style, the Weekend. 

Major recording artists like "Gangnam Style"? I think you mean Psy. And it's The Weeknd, not The Weekend.

Also a partnership between Madonna and Fortnite would be completely pointless; the Fortnite crowd is primarily composed of pre-teens and teens, many of whom don't listen to Madonna and would most likely be put-off by any tie-in involving her, thereby making it a pointless venture. It makes sense that Fortnite would promote more current artists [or meme artists in the case of Psy], but legacy act tie-ins are pretty much not gonna happen imo.

13 hours ago, Nahual said:

Major recording artists like "Gangnam Style"? I think you mean Psy. And it's The Weeknd, not The Weekend.

Also a partnership between Madonna and Fortnite would be completely pointless; the Fortnite crowd is primarily composed of pre-teens and teens, many of whom don't listen to Madonna and would most likely be put-off by any tie-in involving her, thereby making it a pointless venture. It makes sense that Fortnite would promote more current artists [or meme artists in the case of Psy], but legacy act tie-ins are pretty much not gonna happen imo.

As someone said here, just a Vogue dance would be enough. 
Fun fact: My bf and I were playing yesterday and were killed by a female character with an eyepatch, who looked like a spy. We were like, “we were killed by Madame X!”. ?

At this point, the only way Madonna could make it into the game as a skin is with the Blond Ambition corset: her most iconic and recognizable look ever.

11 minutes ago, G House said:

I'm a big fan of this game (not the new season though), and I'd kill for skins from her videos and so on, but I agree that the target audience is totally not interested in her. We're a rare exception.

HOWEVER, if they made a dance for Rick Astley, this could happen too hahahaha

I feel like it all just absurd... so anything works. They don't have to know who she is necessarily. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There's a Madame X inspired skin. It's not an official Madonna outfit but the similarity is undeniable and it came out around the same time as the album launch.

Also, if she has a dance, it definitely needs to be Vogue. Imagine voguing after you make a kill. 

"I think it would be awesome to kill someone in game and then Vogue on their dead body. Or give a quick hello to my teammates with a little "Bitch I'm Madonna"."

I don't play a game (was for about a week, but found it kind of boring, I guess I am rather Call of Duty guy), but I would download it again instantly just to do something like described above, lol. 

But I agree with some other users here, it would be probably pointless for Madonna, simply because the audience adoring her and adoring Fortnite is totally different. It's like 3 generations difference.