Songs and Albums being deleted on iTunes

Prayer

So... I don't know if it's just a glitch or temporary, but all versions of "Celebration" (the compilation, not the single) are not available anymore on Apple Music & iTunes worldwide, only in the US, I think. They were live until today.

They're still live on Spotify and all the other digital platforms.

Maybe something is moving behind the scenes? :thinker: A new compilation? A reupload of "Celebration" with proper versions? ("Celebration" is a well know mess of different versions and questionable mastering).

What do you guys think?

• Prayer changed the title to "Celebration" taken down from iTunes/Apple Store... ​​​​​​​
  • Prayer changed the title to "Celebration" taken down from iTunes/Apple Music... ​​​​​​​
7 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Guys chill I think this is happening for a lot of people. Lana Del Rey’s new album isn’t showing up either 

But Lana's new album is out this Friday right? :smile:

More Madonna's releases are not available now too: "MDNA" standard, "Celebration" maxi with the blue cover... maybe it's just a weird Apple thing. We'll see in a few hours...

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

More Madonna's releases are not available now too: "MDNA" standard, "Celebration" maxi with the blue cover... maybe it's just a weird Apple thing. We'll see in a few hours...

Yes but it should still be on iTunes for preorder which it isn’t 

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think it's just an Apple thing. All of Kate Bush's albums are gone except for two, and Janet Jackson is missing four albums now.

Looks like they are reorganzing and relabelling everything? The first 2 albums now have new labels in the titles "(Bonus Tracks) [2001 Remaster]"

But there are also albums missing: True Blue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart, Madame X. The Immaculate Collection, Something to Remember, and Celebration are also missing.

BUT, if you search for these albums, they still come up, and the tracks will play..., odd....

Celebration remixes are still up.

This is all Apple Music US.

Just now, deathproof said:

Looks like they are reorganzing and relabelling everything? The first 2 albums now have new labels in the titles "(Bonus Tracks) [2001 Remaster]"

The "(Bonus Tracks) [2001 Remaster]" tag was added to "Madonna", "Like A Virgin" and "True Blue" last week. :smile: (Still some versions there are definitely not the 2001 remasters).

48 minutes ago, deathproof said:

But there are also albums missing: True Blue, Like a Prayer, Ray of Light, Music, Confessions, Hard Candy, Rebel Heart, Madame X. The Immaculate Collection, Something to Remember, and Celebration are also missing.

BUT, if you search for these albums, they still come up, and the tracks will play..., odd....

Celebration remixes are still up.

This is all Apple Music US.

They are probably starting to merge her streams. Currently, all versions of her songs are counted individually (f.e. Holiday 2001 Remaster, Holiday from Celebration, Holiday from TIC) resulting in her somewhat low streaming numbers for individual songs.

2 hours ago, Andymad said:

Yup still there. She always forgets about Canada. The fascist...state...of Canada.

It's not now.

If you go to her main page, you'll see 4 Minutes on the top songs chart, but if you hover over it the album cover disappears and if you click on it, it says "not available in the Canada store."

10 minutes ago, vinifm said:

Albums: Madame X, Rebel Heart, Hard Candy, Music, Ray of light, True Blue
Compilations: Celebration, Immaculate Collection
Singles: Celebration

Disappeared here in Brazil

In the Mexican store there are almost the albums that are not available, just change hard candy for like a prayer and RH is still available

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Didn't the Immaculate Collection temporarily disappear when Celebration came out too? Something might be brewing 

True. It went out of circulation for a few years I believe. Then when it was back they had changed the printing on some of the Discs and even colors on the back of the artwork went from brown to Black.

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).jpg

ezgif-6-32406d301e53.jpg

Well something is going on at Apple music and I assume the other services will follow. In The Australian store Celebration is still there but, The Immaculate Collection is gone, True Blue Album is gone, Like A Prayer Album gone, Confessions On a Dancefloor is gone {The Tour is still there}, Even Ray Of Light album is gone, Music album gone, Rebel Heart is Gone {you can still stream or buy the 6 track ep}. Hang on to your physical discs people. Don't subscribe to streaming, You don't own it and they can just take it away at any time.  Just buy the Tracks in lossless or go on a treasure hunt. Even Movies and TV are not safe from the censorship. Cutting scenes from films and tv, removing dialogue. Even The Muppet Show isn't safe?‍♂️?. Her digital catalogue has always been a mess. Maybe they are going to streamline everything and get things organized with the right mixes on the correct albums.?‍♂️

13 minutes ago, Roy said:

Why is Apple Music doing this?

They are hopeless. I never use their store. The quality is shit and I want Lossless files. Haven't they stopped updating iTunes now? Which is stupid as most people have IPODS.?‍♂️?‍♂️ I cant listen to their music. If you have professional or even semi decent headphones its a disaster if you play the tracks at high volume they just distort.

8 minutes ago, Craigypants said:

They are hopeless. I never use their store. The quality is shit and I want Lossless files. Haven't they stopped updating iTunes now? Which is stupid as most people have IPODS.?‍♂️?‍♂️ I cant listen to their music. If you have professional or even semi decent headphones its a disaster if you play the tracks at high volume they just distort.

Really? Like, would they compress the tracks when you play them at a high level? On Spotify, there is no compression added because I played them on their best quality possible.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Songs and Albums being deleted on iTunes