Songs and Albums being deleted on iTunes

Prayer

12 minutes ago, Roy said:

Really? Like, would they compress the tracks when you play them at a high level? On Spotify, there is no compression added because I played them on their best quality possible.

I've never used Spotify, Do you own the track or can you just stream? They could pull any track at anytime if you don't download it and remove the Digital Rights encode.

1 hour ago, Craigypants said:

I've never used Spotify, Do you own the track or can you just stream? They could pull any track at anytime if you don't download it and remove the Digital Rights encode.

You can download them if you have Spotify Premium and no, I don't think they will pull the tracks out if you don't download them. It's you choice if you want to just stream it or download it. ?

4 hours ago, Craigypants said:

When you buy music, you own it (for your own use only, of course); when you stream, you don't own the music, you just get access to it as long as your subscription is active - and as long as the music is available on the platform. You can locally download the file to listen to it withouth Internet, but you can't take the file out of the app. It's not "yours".

Two completely different ways of enjoying music - and both valid for different kind of listerners :cute:

7 hours ago, Craigypants said:

They are hopeless. I never use their store. The quality is shit and I want Lossless files. Haven't they stopped updating iTunes now? Which is stupid as most people have IPODS.?‍♂️?‍♂️ I cant listen to their music. If you have professional or even semi decent headphones its a disaster if you play the tracks at high volume they just distort.

You can easily sync your iPod via Finder, a feature that's been available for quite some time now. :)

14 hours ago, Craigypants said:

Hang on to your physical discs people. Don't subscribe to streaming, You don't own it and they can just take it away at any time.  Just buy the Tracks in lossless or go on a treasure hunt. Even Movies and TV are not safe from the censorship. Cutting scenes from films and tv, removing dialogue. Even The Muppet Show isn't safe?‍♂️?

tenor.gif

• RUADJAI changed the title to Songs and Albums being deleted on iTunes
50 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's almost 100% back to normal now. :cute: All albums and singles back but some tracks missing on some of them.

It was an Apple thing yesterday, for all artists, not just Madonna. Guess it will be 100% solved soon.

I want to know the intern who messed up and got Britney's OIDIA, ITZ, Blackout and Circus deleted but managed to keep Britney Jean yesterday.

50 minutes ago, PanditaRulez said:

I still have the doubt why the album "I'm going to tell you a secret" was eliminated from all platforms, does anyone know why?

No one knows, that happened like a year ago? Or some months ago. Maybe something to do with the rights expiring? It was her first live album so maybe a one-off deal was made for that one? No idea...