I understand why Madonna never wanted to touch Sunset Blvd.

MDRA

21 minutes ago, #BelieveVictims said:

you do know that you’re opening a can of worms with this, right?

SUNSET BOULEVARD would be the ultimate return-to-form musically and in filmic terms for Madonna. If done right and with an even greater effort than EVITA or other musical ventures she's done... it could be one of  her last hurrahs - a FUCK YOU to ageism, a comeback, and a semi farewell.

But she's Madonna, so...

Interesting. I never saw it as an aging older woman trope. Though I guess the musical does push that narrative more. The movie was really more about the death of the silent film star, and Gloria Swanson was one of the biggest of that era.

King Vidor and the other silent film actors that appear also seem tragic. So I don't think the original film was sexist/mysoginist. I really think it was about a long forgotten era and the stars that were left behind.

Agian the musical may have pushed the tragic older woman trope more, I don't know it well enough.

It's an iconic musical, and think some are missing what the story is actually saying.

That being said, I don't see Madonna doing a story like this (nor acting) any time soon (for multiple reasons)... and in all honesty, the film version role belongs to the incomparable Glenn Close, who is the most famous face of the stage musical version. If you haven't seen her in it, watch clips from youtube and have your mind blown. It's been rumored for a long time as well that the film version of Sunset Blvd would most likely be Glenn's ticket to a best actress Oscar (and perhaps her last shot), so I don't want to see that opportunity taken away from her. M would be amazing...but Glenn deserves it.

It doesn’t interest me at all. I don’t like that kind of showtune music. I prefer more contemporary pop music. 
I would love to see her in a Broadway musical rather than a movie because she excels on front of a live audience. But I would want it to be a new musical hopefully with a more contemporary pop or world music style, not showtunes. The only musicals I have enjoyed are Hamilton, Fela and American Idiot so a new musical in that vein. 

If this is 2010 then I would laughing at the idea She will star in Sunset Boulevard.

Because Madonna used to be had "I don't like to reminisce about the past." attitude. And That's the reason Some fans are constantly complaining about Madonna treat her own legacy as trash.

But I understand that why Madonna used to act like that.

"I still have new things to show the world and people, so why should I stick to my legacy in the past?"

She always wanted to remain a current superstar, not a superstar of the past.

It's the Madonna I used to loved. She was different with other stars. 

But this is 2021 and She has been changed. she constantly post her past photos on instagram and She constantly recalls the glory of the past now. And She desperately needs media and people's attention now. So At this point, I bet she's likely to do that movie.

On 3/27/2021 at 1:39 AM, Madame Madonna said:

If this is 2010 then I would laughing at the idea She will star in Sunset Boulevard.

Because Madonna used to be had "I don't like to reminisce about the past." attitude. And That's the reason Some fans are constantly complaining about Madonna treat her own legacy as trash.

But I understand that why Madonna used to act like that.

"I still have new things to show the world and people, so why should I stick to my legacy in the past?"

She always wanted to remain a current superstar, not a superstar of the past.

It's the Madonna I used to loved. She was different with other stars. 

But this is 2021 and She has been changed. she constantly post her past photos on instagram and She constantly recalls the glory of the past now. And She desperately needs media and people's attention now. So At this point, I bet she's likely to do that movie.

if you look closer she always reproduced past looks and ideas from her stage shows