My Girlie Show Edit

me1981

Hi all

I have always wanted to edit the different pro shot footage we have of Erotica to use different angles. Think of this as a work print. You can definitely tell the difference between the three sources, so this isn't about a flawless edit, I am not even sure I could match the three close enough for that. However it is interesting how much better this number is when you focus mostly on Madonna. Instead of constant wide shots and cut aways. I use those sparingly or where I have no other choice.

Let me know what you think in terms of flow and pacing and all that. This was done quickly, so I don't expect you all to be blown away. Just a quick edit to give an idea of how much better it would have been to have more close-ups and focus on M. The choreography is so small and detailed that wide shots and cut aways ruin it IMO.

Maybe one day I will try to work on a better edit, if I have the time.

The sources used are below - note to those contributers, if you are not happy with me using these I will take this down. It is an unlisted video anyway.

AUDIO - @Craigypants I believe this is the HBO mix that is remastered

VIDEO 1 - Fukuoka 2K remaster @DanK (Sorry I credited the wrong person, now fixed)

VIDEO 2 - HBO Broadcast (I really have no idea where I got this)

VIDEO 3 - Girlie Show Live Down Under DVD remaster by youtuber Interlacedgeek

8 hours ago, me1981 said:

Hi all

I have always wanted to edit the different pro shot footage we have of Erotica to use different angles. Think of this as a work print. You can definitely tell the difference between the three sources, so this isn't about a flawless edit, I am not even sure I could match the three close enough for that. However it is interesting how much better this number is when you focus mostly on Madonna. Instead of constant wide shots and cut aways. I use those sparingly or where I have no other choice.

Let me know what you think in terms of flow and pacing and all that. This was done quickly, so I don't expect you all to be blown away. Just a quick edit to give an idea of how much better it would have been to have more close-ups and focus on M. The choreography is so small and detailed that wide shots and cut aways ruin it IMO.

Maybe one day I will try to work on a better edit, if I have the time.

The sources used are below - note to those contributers, if you are not happy with me using these I will take this down. It is an unlisted video anyway.

AUDIO - @Craigypants I believe this is the HBO mix that is remastered

VIDEO 1 - Fukuoka 2K remaster @Alessandro Siciliano

VIDEO 2 - HBO Broadcast (I really have no idea where I got this)

VIDEO 3 - Girlie Show Live Down Under DVD remaster by youtuber Interlacedgeek

Hi there mate. Anything I post anyone can take and use as they wish, No problems from me. Thanks for the Acknowledgement

Good Job.???

Nice. I think this is the only part of THE GIRLIE SHOW that needed some extra editing or something. It feels flat the way it was recorded, especially with her lip-syncing and not moving. I think your edit changed that a bit. Good job.

? I wonder what this performance would have looked like if she had performed the album version instead. I wonder if it would have felt more dangerous and sexy. 

2 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Nice. I think this is the only part of THE GIRLIE SHOW that needed some extra editing or something. It feels flat the way it was recorded, especially with her lip-syncing and not moving. I think your edit changed that a bit. Good job.

? I wonder what this performance would have looked like if she had performed the album version instead. I wonder if it would have felt more dangerous and sexy. 

Yeah agreed I did always find it flat in the pro shot but exciting in the bootlegs. One of the reasons I really wanted to give this a try. There are definitely shots that the stadium/arena screens use that I would have preferred to use too. 

I am definitely going to revisit this at some point and refine it. Surprisingly Fever has almost the exact same shots in each pro version. Vogue is mixed up a bit and I might do that one too. 

I think if I want to match the three sources though I might need to get a decent VHS version of Girlie Show Down under to achieve it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...