Don't Tell Me- The Magic of Mirwais

RUADJAI

31 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Can we talk about the aggressive string loop that jumps out at you in the second verse. 1:20

Mirwais never ceases to amaze me. 

I always thought this song was quite safe and mediocre. 

Also a shoutout to the squeaky noise hidden in the drum beat. It shines around 3:10

Are you finally becoming a full fledged Madame X stan? :Madonna054:

I was listening to Orbit's outtakes the other day. This album could have been a full blown club album. Mirwais brought something new to the table. He mellowed the album out. And I love that. With that said, Don't Tell Me is iconic. The lyrics, the broken guitar loop, the bridge, the orchestra outro,....It's a timeless pop classic.

• RUADJAI changed the title to Don't Tell Me- The Magic of Mirwais
4 hours ago, deathproof said:

I was listening to Orbit's outtakes the other day. This album could have been a full blown club album. Mirwais brought something new to the table. He mellowed the album out. And I love that. With that said, Don't Tell Me is iconic. The lyrics, the broken guitar loop, the bridge, the orchestra outro,....It's a timeless pop classic.

What songs are you referring to?

I've always loved this song so much. It feels like a simple song but it has a lot of layers and things going on all at the same. The video is gorgeous too.

ps. The fact that my stupid ass thought my cd was wrong the first time I listened to this song as a kid with those cuts in the guitar :Madonna031:

2 hours ago, AModSquad said:

I think Mirwais production efforts are best heard in high quality  - streaming doesnt cut it for his stuff.  If anyone has Amazon HD or some other HD streamer, there is a high quality version of Madame X - it really is worth hearing.

A

Agreed. There’s so much nuance to his reverbs and hidden things you don’t hear unless it’s HD with good headphones

4 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

The first time I heard   Paradise, it leaked on the internet and it made me feel like I was on drugs. 

i heard it for the first time in 03. I was blown away. It felt like i was entering a different world of fantasy and poetry.  My brother who does not like Madonna was severely interested. We played it again and again.. happy times