Madonna It’s A Celebration

Voguerista

I don't hate the  song, but I don't love it either. To me it might as well've been a filler track, but I can tolerate it every now and then.

I vaguely remember a bunch of people on another Madonna site a decade ago thinking that the song would smash in the US when it first came out, but to me it was obvious that it wouldn't be well-received in the US even during the electro-pop era because quite frankly, Oakenfold's production was dated even back then. But at least the song was big in Europe...

On 4/10/2021 at 10:50 AM, Angelman60 said:

Yeah I don't know why the video uses this crappy remix. It could have been a much bigger hit if television had played the album version 

Celebration came out during a time when visuals and elaborate music videos were making a comeback. 
And the video is perfectly bland and forgettable. 
Also the production is just not what people were into and doesn’t feel fresh for the time. 

If Madonna still had her great instincts she would have collaborated with the newcomer Lady Gaga or Sia for a new song. And if she wanted that DJ edge she could have done a collaboration  song with David Guetta which was THE DJ at the time, churning hits for various artists. As en example listen to Duck Sauce’s Barbra Streisand (that came out in 2010). If Celebration sounded like that it would have been huge.

For me it was an instant crush and I remember quite a few of my teen friends enjoying it. As I have said before, it's the type of song that has an identity already by the third second and I approve of the somewhat dated sound as it had to be reflective of her past. Why necessarily have a fresh sounding song on a GH album? It would make the others sound older. Also, if there is one video that must go HD next, it's definitely Celebration. 

I instantly loved this song! I remember buying the Double CD about a decade ago. Back then I had started a new job and when I finally got my first paycheck I went out and bought it after work. I rank Celebration right up there with Holiday, Causing a Commotion, and Where's the Party - the 80's Madonna meets the New Madonna!

• 3 months later...
On 4/10/2021 at 3:50 PM, Angelman60 said:

Yeah I don't know why the video uses this crappy remix. It could have been a much bigger hit if television had played the album version 

it's typical madonna. an odd decision. 

i like the video version, but i can accept the album version is more commercially appealing to the masses

in the UK radio played the video version too

in france they used the akon remix as the single version