Madonna scoops up The Weeknd's crib

proxy

• proxy changed the title to Madonna scoops up The Weeknd's crib

Anyone else really sad that she left Portugal? I know it's been awhile since she left but I always liked that she moved there. I feel like it's great for her to get away from the US culture and out of the usual trendy group of people she hangs out with now. And we objectively got her best album since 2005 when she left the US. I just hope this move back home doesn't drop her artistic quality back to the 2008-2015 days

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

Anyone else really sad that she left Portugal? I know it's been awhile since she left but I always liked that she moved there. I feel like it's great for her to get away from the US culture and out of the usual trendy group of people she hangs out with now. And we objectively got her best album since 2005 when she left the US. I just hope this move back home doesn't drop her artistic quality back to the 2008-2015 days

which album are you speaking of?

Stare Staring GIF

9 hours ago, Shoful said:

I don't think it did much for her creatively. Personally she recorded her worst album while in Portugal so I'm quite pleased she's out of there. 

12 hours ago, Shoful said:

Objectively? I'm sure you're not talking about Madame Robot when you're talking about "best album objectively" cause it sure as hell ain't her best since then by a landslide for me and a good bunch of other people I know.

6 hours ago, madgefan said:

I don't know about you guys but moving back to LA after so many years sounds like retirement to me.

?

The opposite I would imagine. LA Is the last place she'd go to retire! I don't think she has lived there full-time since she was married to Guy in her workaholic years. She's lived in London / NYC / Lisbon since then until last year when she moved back to LA. It's where she goes to do some serious work. With a big movie project coming up and probably bunch of music plans we don't know about yet, she probably has the next 3 years mapped out work wise.

Plus the kids will enjoy the weather more. Great garden for a bbq.

6 hours ago, scion said:

I don't think it did much for her creatively. Personally she recorded her worst album while in Portugal so I'm quite pleased she's out of there. 

2 hours ago, Le Freaq said:

Objectively? I'm sure you're not talking about Madame Robot when you're talking about "best album objectively" cause it sure as hell ain't her best since then by a landslide for me and a good bunch of other people I know.

Objectively....

https://www.metacritic.com/person/madonna?filter-options=music&sort_options=date&num_items=30
unimpressed lady gaga GIF by RealityTVGIFs

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

That means absolutely nothing. Critics are never objective themselves. You can NEVER EVER be objective when it comes to music.

These are the scores of her albums had Metacritic existed back in the day (Someone on ATRL calculated it):

Madonna = 78
Like a Virgin = 75
True Blue = 73
Like A Prayer = 92
Erotica = 71
Bedtime Stories = 71
Ray of Light = 87
----------------
Music = 80
American Life = 60
Confessions on a Dance Floor = 80
Hard Candy = 65
Celebration = 84
MDNA = 64
Rebel Heart = 68
Madame X = 70

There is no way in HELL that Madame X is a better album than American Life or close to True Blue, Erotica and Bedtime Stories. If we go by this, American Life would be the absolute worst thing she has ever done. 

9 hours ago, cosmicarlo818 said:

OMG Hidden Hills here in L.A.? She's closer and closer to King Papi DRAKE yasss!

Ugh I hope they f*** already and make that collab album! I ship them both ugh! The hottest couple that never was! Damn you grillz

i was rooting for this too   :eyes:

but Madonna unfollow  Drake on insta

he still follows her tho