SURPRISE! "What It Feels Like for a Girl" Maxi, out 16/4

New_Boy

9 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I'm thinking, either we get nothing next week or we're getting the American Life remixes for the anniversary of the American Life album (or another American Life single). I don't see them releasing Spotlight to be honest. 

I would LOVE the "American Life" remixes, honestly those are one of my fave Madonna remixes bunch ever. But somehow I can't see it happening... what video would they remaster in HD? The flag version would be a joke and the original version has never been officially taken back on her channel.

I read on PopJustice that "Nothing Really Matters" would be next week but no source, no anything so I don't know...

Meanwhile, we have the debut streaming numbers for "What It Feels" on Spotify:

The Above & Beyond 12'' Club debuts with 70.744 streams in its 1st day, thanks to its placement on Release Radar playlist. Not bad!

5 hours ago, Prayer said:

I would LOVE the "American Life" remixes, honestly those are one of my fave Madonna remixes bunch ever. But somehow I can't see it happening... what video would they remaster in HD? The flag version would be a joke and the original version has never been officially taken back on her channel.

I read on PopJustice that "Nothing Really Matters" would be next week but no source, no anything so I don't know...

Meanwhile, we have the debut streaming numbers for "What It Feels" on Spotify:

The Above & Beyond 12'' Club debuts with 70.744 streams in its 1st day, thanks to its placement on Release Radar playlist. Not bad!

I don't see why they wouldn't upload the original video on the channel. It's on YouTube anyway and she has shown to be more into her American Life persona lately (politics, Mirwais etc). The Director's cut is quite graphic, they could upload the original cut, with the Bush lookalike. It's been 18 years, people are over it... 

18 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I'm thinking, either we get nothing next week or we're getting the American Life remixes for the anniversary of the American Life album (or another American Life single). I don't see them releasing Spotlight to be honest. 

It would make sense and would be topical with her gun control campaign. 

38 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Exactly. Why didn’t you tell us about this release a week ago @brank000??

I would believe everyone's acting in good faith and they probably would've shared it if they knew. Hopefully there's no NDA's that would prevent the single picks and tracklists leaking ahead of time.
Of course, the community is known for toxic behavior too, but let's just assume good faith!

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic

The Above & Beyond remix has 166,000 plays in 6 days. Not quite as good as the Bedtime Story remix which had 230,000 in its first week I believe. Maybe the edit version would have worked better? 

Still..great numbers compared to the other mixes. most round 5-7,000 and the A&B Edit at 15,000. Bedtime Story Junior Single Mix now has nearly half a million streams on Spotify alone. Compare that with the other releases and you can see release radar really helps huh.

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

The Above & Beyond remix has 166,000 plays in 6 days. Not quite as good as the Bedtime Story remix which had 230,000 in its first week I believe. Maybe the edit version would have worked better? 

Still..great numbers compared to the other mixes. most round 5-7,000 and the A&B Edit at 15,000. That release radar really helps huh.

The edit would have done better, I think - 7:25 in the age of streaming is simply very long. Anyway, good numbers. :)

• RUADJAI unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...

I could listen to the original instrumental for 24 hours nonstop. I wish we had the multitrack.

It's rare that music can give me energy and calm me down at the same time. This song and instrumental does that.
His work with Bebel Gilberto is awesome too.