4.Rain (Remix Edit)

5. Fever (Edit Two) (very unlikely)

6.Goodbye to Innocence (unlikely)

7. Rain (Video Edit)

I almost matched it!🤣🤣🤣

I am happy with this release! 

GTI WOULD have been the frosting on the cake, but so happy  with the EP!!! ️ 🌧 

6 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Excuse me. What's the difference between "Rain (Radio Remix)" and "Rain (Video Edit)"? I always thought they were the same version with different name ( I like "Rain" but I barely play the song).

It's audible? The Video Edit is the edit of the album version, while the Radio Remix is the remixed version, i.e. with new bits and production.

11 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Excuse me. What's the difference between "Rain (Radio Remix)" and "Rain (Video Edit)"? I always thought they were the same version with different name ( I like "Rain" but I barely play the song).

The radio remix has a new instrumental, the video edit is an edit of the album version as heard in the video. :D

4 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

It's audible? The Video Edit is the edit of the album version, while the Radio Remix is the remixed version, i.e. with new bits and production.

As I've said, I barely play the song, and I have the german CD without the video edit. So checking the running time I always thought they were the same version with different name like Fever (Murk Boys Miami Mix) and Fever (Murk Boys Miami Dub). It's not the first time we have a remix with two different names (even three different names). 

I really don’t get some users obsessed with fever edit two - I listened to it for the first time in years and think it sounds a bit choppy edited - it’s only an extra 20 seconds too - it was like a 6 minutes extended version then yes but really 20 seconds 🤪 Imagine the meltdowns when they finally upload warning signs and first is a kiss to streaming , you know a  completely new song 😱🤣

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

I really don’t get some users obsessed with fever edit two - I listened to it for the first time in years and think it sounds a bit choppy edited - it’s only an extra 20 seconds too - it was like a 6 minutes extended version then yes but really 20 seconds 🤪 Imagine the meltdowns when they finally upload warning signs and first is a kiss to streaming , you know a  completely new song 😱🤣

Fever (Edit Two) isn't as popular as Edit One because it was a vinyl and tape exclusive so we don't have any clean copy of that version... until now, 30 years later. I know it's just 30 seconds more but to us, it holds a certain gem because of its rarity.

And hey, any slight variation of a remix or album is fine by us anyways. :D

I will say that I do agree. Imagine Madonna dropping Warning Signs... I would predict that it would be a mixed reaction from us. :laughing:

3 hours ago, animalinstinct said:

Not to mention, as an album and not a single…

The Rain maxi-single was always labeled as an EP, Extended Play being a format category between Short Play (SP = single) and Long Play (LP = album).

EP has a different meaning now, given the fact that streaming and download releases don't have physical limitations.

It's just marketing.

13 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I really don’t get some users obsessed with fever edit two - I listened to it for the first time in years and think it sounds a bit choppy edited 

Fun facts:

- "Edit One" is just an edit of "Edit Two"

-"Edit Two" has the "Album Edit" structure.

It sounds choppy because the people barely know "Edit Two" (I had the same experience the first time). When you play "Edit Two" on repeat, "Edit One" feels incomplete.

27 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

Is a Spotify only playlist, so it's everything but official. If the labels don't send the tracks in time, or if there is a technical glitch or whatever delay, I doubt there is someone behind to correct it. 

But it's not "only" a Spotify playlist. Release Radar is literally one of the most important marketing tools on streaming now and one the most important playlists for new releases, besides the New Music Friday playlist on each country. And it's personalized for each user.

The fact that "Rain (Video Edit)" is there this week means Warner/Rhino probably pitched that one with Spotify before the release. That's what they've done lately with all the latest singles, getting good results for the tracks pitched for Release Radar (always between 100.000-200.000 streams in result in the first week).

There's something wrong with the date, yes, but will probably be corrected later. That happened with some of the previous back catalogue singles before, they were released as 2020-2021-2022 releases to take advantage of the "new" status and then updated to their original release year.

They have to update all the latest ones yet, that's true.

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

Fun facts:

- "Edit One" is just and edit of "Edit Two"

-"Edit Two" has the "Album Edit" structure.

It sounds choppy because the people barely know "Edit Two" (I have the same experience the first time). When you play "Edit Two" on repeat, "Edit One" feels incomplete/cutted.

Now that you pointed it out, it does feel a little incomplete when playing Edit Two on a loop.

Still, I love them both. I am so happy we finally have Edit Two in digital form and Edit One in streaming. :D

10 hours ago, steady75 said:

The radio remix of Rain was Madonna’s first public apology. And for that I cannot forgive it. 
insipid and sachrine.

I wouldn't call it an apology, the label was following the Sade / Toni Braxton / Mariah r&b-ish pop vibe with bright synths and sharp percs, totally what she didn't want on the album production.

It was the artistic turn she started to take after the Erotica backlash for being too dark and gritty, it foresaw the toning down and radio friendly sound of Bedtime Stories.

A very interesting example of differences between album mix / radio mix or remix (which have nothing to do with mastering).

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But it's not "only" a Spotify playlist.

Yes it is.

The Release Radar is an algorithmically generated playlist that is created individually for each Spotify user on a weekly basis. 

from : https://www.igroovemusic.com/blog/why-you-should-not-underestimate-the-release-radar.html

Not to say that it's not important, but it's a marketing tool, not an official database of all things released. 

And not everybody is a Spotify user, that's why I wanted to underline "only".

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Yeah I noticed that, it's after 3:00. At least we have it now. :P

Yes I have Tidal so not everyone has Spotify thank you !!! 

and I always loved the rain remix it was so easy on the Ears and I always preferred it to the album version. 

waiting is one of my most favorite Madonna songs ever - and this remix is AMAZE balls - I mean Madonna doesn’t get enuff credit for a rapper on her remix - mariah gets that credit starting with fantasy - but Madonna did it before her —— I remember when Everlast was having a beef with Eminem - imagine the 2pac feature being on her album for id rather be your lover - would have been A FORCE 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I prefer the album version of Fever. And that’s the version that was played on the radio anyway.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I prefer the album version of Fever. And that’s the version that was played on the radio anyway.

"Express Yourself", "Fever", "What It Feels Like for a Girl" and "Celebration" have the same problem: the radio played a version similar to the "Album Version", and the TV played a video using a remix as audio. So for many non-fan people, the original version is the remix (thanks to the video). And they love these versions.

7 hours ago, Roy said:

The recreation is actually nice and this is also one of my favorite photo sessions as well. Her look is just... flawless.

It’s not a recreation, it’s a scan again unfortunately. Not as bad as bad girl and deeper but not great either. 
And yes, this is one of her most beautiful covers

That Rain Mix… I’ve never heard it. And then the Waiting mix, that one two punch made me feel like I was in an alternate Erotica experience. 

But why did they feel like they needed to put the Radio Remix AND the Radio Remix Edit. They’re both edited when I turn them off early. 

Up Down Suite sounds like it got the Mike Dean treatment. 👀 That kick drum hittin suspiciously hard. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW