Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

7 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Madonnas catalogue is pretty huge but also succinct and well curated. She’s not like other artists that released tons of bsides outttakes and such.

So yeah, I expect any fan to have some sort of knowledge the track exists and was previously released 

I don't know though?  When it was originally released, so much came before it, it got lost in the shuffle.  I agree if you're taking part in conversations in fan forums on a daily basis, you probably should know every song Madonna's released. But it's also a "forgotten gem".  It was overshadowed back then, and I'm sure will remain that way since so many iconic tracks came before and after this, in such a short period of time.

47 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

This won't be remastered, will it?

Surely it will. Everything pre-"Like A Prayer" so far ("True Blue 35th", "Everybody") has been, at least, boosted in volume, cause the originals are too quiet for standards now. "You Can Dance (Single Edits)" was the original mastering, though.

Let's hope "Gambler" it's not the same result as "Everybody (7'' Version)".

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Madonnas catalogue is pretty huge but also succinct and well curated. She’s not like other artists that released tons of bsides outttakes and such.

So yeah, I expect any fan to have some sort of knowledge the track exists and was previously released 

Ooh you're very strict

Ning Zetao Smile GIF

Hadn't posted this about the Bye Bye Baby maxi, but just before Gambler is released and I get off-topic:
The Bye Bye Baby EP varies - just like the You Can Dance Single Edits is a little bit "different" from its promo CD - a tiny bit from the commercial maxi single. They match in speed through the whole thing, so they come from the same master, but there is some very slight variation in volume, and in the high frequencies (above 20kHz).

Don't know why this happened to these 2 releases, but...

(Mike Dean, don't try to steal the spotlight! This is Emily's time to shine!!!)

1 hour ago, lennyleonard said:

Hadn't posted this about the Bye Bye Baby maxi, but just before Gambler is released and I get off-topic:
The Bye Bye Baby EP varies - just like the You Can Dance Single Edits is a little bit "different" from its promo CD - a tiny bit from the commercial maxi single. They match in speed through the whole thing, so they come from the same master, but there is some very slight variation in volume, and in the high frequencies (above 20kHz).

Don't know why this happened to these 2 releases, but...

(Mike Dean, don't try to steal the spotlight! This is Emily's time to shine!!!)

I noticed those small differences too but they sound exactly the same to me. The YCD edits sound slightly different.

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

OUR SAVIOR. Thank you king :drama:

So 4 tracks probably?

29 minutes ago, antknee said:

I’m guessing it’s only 3:

* original 

* extended dance remix 

* instrumental remix 

Rain was 4.99 and had 6 tracks.

Bye Bye Baby was 6.99 and had 8 tracks.

If we‘re going by that…we should be getting 4 tracks! Mhhh I wonder what that mysterious 4th track could be. 👀

12 hours ago, tscott said:

I don't know though?  When it was originally released, so much came before it, it got lost in the shuffle.  I agree if you're taking part in conversations in fan forums on a daily basis, you probably should know every song Madonna's released. But it's also a "forgotten gem".  It was overshadowed back then, and I'm sure will remain that way since so many iconic tracks came before and after this, in such a short period of time.

It’s forgotten because Madonna ignores its existence. But everyone who was around in the 80’s would know it. It was a hit. And yes I expect Madonna fans to know all of her singles and album tracks at the very least.

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

1:30 audio previews (sadly it seems it has received the same remastering treatment as "Everybody (7'' Version)", a little bit too much/too loud?):

No, please, no... No... Two tracks available for the first time from a digital transfer, destroyed with the new "remaster" again, no. This is a nightmare.

Ahh, waiting for the QOBUZ files to know the real quality. 

8 minutes ago, planetbenjamin said:

iTunes high-res artwork here: https://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/0/Music122/v4/67/45/0b/67450baa-bf8f-61dc-b5fe-dce0ee0ad638/603497833313.jpg

Shame they didn't find the original photo. It's really poor quality.

600x600bb.jpg

I'll take it. Given that it was released by Geffen (who were sold in the 90s) instead of Warner, it's nothing short of a miracle we're getting this at all. Original artworks were likely sent to the dumpster.

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

I’m gooped at this release. I truly never thought it would happen. We truly could get everything 

The sky is the limit. :)

5 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

I'll take it. Given that it was released by Geffen (who were sold in the 90s) instead of Warner, it's nothing short of a miracle we're getting this at all. Original artworks were likely sent to the dumpster.

I totally agree.

Stop your whining and enjoy what we actually get.
Madonna wants it loud, and this is better than nothing.

I personally am thrilled to see the song that made me a fan on streaming sites. :)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW