Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I really want the Ray of Light Remix album to come to streaming.  It was extremely rare and it was a lot like the American Life EP (many songs, even non-singles) that is going to come out next month on vinyl. I prat that we get that too.  

The "Veronica Electronica" remix album? That project was never completed and there were no promo CDs or anything, right?

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The "Veronica Electronica" remix album? That project was never completed and there were no promo CDs or anything, right?

I guess that I could be thinking of the GHV2 remix album but I am almost sure that Ray of Light had one.  It had a collection of 6 or 8 songs from the album remixed.  The cover was Ray of Light themed but no picture.

The Veronica Electronica album was scrapped as she started working on Music. The plans were to release it at the end of 1998, but the album was still selling so it was pushed back to 1999 but by the end of that year she was already working on Music as she was already bored with the whole Ray Of Light project. 

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

Come on now.....

I adore those Luke Slater remixes, especially the super luper one. It would sound great on GTA. It's one of her most warehouse rave remix. It's only the Dallas Austin remix i don't like, it sounds too much like TLC's Unpretty.

1 hour ago, Roland Barthes said:

I adore those Luke Slater remixes, especially the super luper one. It would sound great on GTA. It's one of her most warehouse rave remix. It's only the Dallas Austin remix i don't like, it sounds too much like TLC's Unpretty.

Thank you! In the late 90s I was tapping a lot into rave and industrial. So the POG mixes were and are right up my alley. 

14 hours ago, subversive said:

Juatice for TPOG??? It's the worst maxi ever in her career!! And I will say in all artists career in history

I'm still trying to understand what happened there, the Slater filtered mix is such a departure from anything she had ever done - and so opposite to NRM and it's light uplifting dance floor filling beats.

9 minutes ago, madgefan said:

To be fair, I found many of the remixes made for Madame X to be quite good :bothered:

Specifically the "I Rise" remixes.  I can't get enough of them.  Also, I prefer some if not most of the mixes of IDSIF and Medillin more than the original versions.

I actually thought the MDNA were really good, especially the GGW ones.  I took issue with the remixes from Rebel Heart especially for Ghosttown because the way they slowed down the vocals just doesn't set with me well. It literally makes me feel dizzy hearing them.  But then again,  there was some cool production done on that song's remixes beyond the treatment of the vocals.

9 minutes ago, tscott said:

Specifically the "I Rise" remixes.  I can't get enough of them.  Also, I prefer some if not most of the mixes of IDSIF and Medillin more than the original versions.

I actually thought the MDNA were really good, especially the GGW ones.  I took issue with the remixes from Rebel Heart especially for Ghosttown because the way they slowed down the vocals just doesn't set with me well. It literally makes me feel dizzy hearing them.  But then again,  there was some cool production done on that song's remixes beyond the treatment of the vocals.

"And i can't get enough"

:Madonna012:

I can 100% see Veronica Electronically happening. It’s one of those things that was probably sketched out on paper and chatted about and worked on but never finalised. It would take very little to finalise a package of remixes, an outake from the sessions and simply a title as per the American Life RSD. 
In fact if we got a remix album for each album I would not be mad at all. 

16 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I can 100% see Veronica Electronically happening. It’s one of those things that was probably sketched out on paper and chatted about and worked on but never finalised. It would take very little to finalise a package of remixes, an outake from the sessions and simply a title as per the American Life RSD. 
In fact if we got a remix album for each album I would not be mad at all. 

I am pretty sure the plan with it originally was to do entirely new remixes with Orbit especially for it. So it would presumably have included some of the songs that were never singles. I have read that one of the other reasons it didn’t happen was because Orbit was preoccupied.

I do like your idea to resurrect the title though with existing remixes.

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I am pretty sure the plan with it originally was to do entirely new remixes with Orbit especially for it. So it would presumably have included some of the songs that were never singles. I have read that one of the other reasons it didn’t happen was because Orbit was preoccupied.

That kind of makes sense - there were no remixes by Orbit after the Ray of Light single if I'm not mistaken. 

3 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I do like your idea to resurrect the title though with existing remixes.

Not doubting "entirely new remixes", but I thought the reason she was thinking of doing it was because when they were in the studio, the songs were much longer mixes, and she was interested in releasing them?  If I recall, she said in an interview once, speaking of this, ROL the song was originally 12 minutes long. 

But I like the idea of her going ahead and releasing this.  I had thought it would be an awesome new release she could curate.  But I'd hope she'd bring Orbit back in the loop for it. 

10 minutes ago, kesiak said:

That kind of makes sense - there were no remixes by Orbit after the Ray of Light single if I'm not mistaken. 

after the ray of light single we got

Drowned World/Substitute for Love as the 3rd single with the gorgeous 9 minute BT & Sasha's Ashram remix and Sky Fits Heaven" (Sasha remix) Sky Fits Heaven" (Victor Calderone remix edit) as the B-sides

4th single was TPOG and had remixes by Dallas Austin, Luke Slater and Fabien Waltmann

5th single was NRM and had remixes by Club 69, Kruder & Dorfmeister and Talvin Singh

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW