Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I wouldn't take the original artwork as an indication of anything. The "Bad Girl/Fever" digital EP was already released last year with only "Bad Girl" as title on the cover. And there's a "solo" version of the "Burning Up" cover, released in France and Belgium:

My0xNzMzLmpwZWc.jpeg

It's easy to delete "PA" from the original anyway and replace "Burning Up" in the middle if they want to:

LTU2MTIuanBlZw.jpeg

Really great point! Hadnt thought of that..

15 hours ago, Prayer said:

I agree an Extended version or even an Orchestral/Stripped down version would have been great. Imagine those beautiful strings and just her vocals.

I don't know what they were going for with those remixes. I guess the Dallas' one was an attempt to cover R&B radio, maybe? She was pretty much everywhere else that year, so tha's the only thing I can think about: try to cover yet another field. The song didn't even enter on the US Dance chart, so I guess the remixes were not even sent to clubs in the end. Warner knew they weren't that good: they were only released in Australia and Japan, while in Europe only the Dallas Austin remix made the official CD single (the other remixes were only on the vinyl single, a format much less popular and available in those days). The US didn't get anything at all, just a 2-track single with "Mer Girl" xd.

EDIT:

I was wrong, a whole maxi with all the remixes was released in Europe, indeed:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/35530-Madonna-The-Power-Of-Good-Bye

But then the UK and Germany got a 3-track version with "Mer Girl" or "Little Star" and the Dallas remix:

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/711390-Madonna-The-Power-Of-Good-Bye

https://www.discogs.com/es/release/8615422-Madonna-The-Power-Of-Good-Bye-Little-Star

Yeah, I was lucky that the my local music store carried her imports.  Even though, the mixes sucked (but I didn't know that until after I bought it), I'm still happy to have it in my collection. I really wasn't fond of the remixes for the ROL singles after Ray of Light Single was released.  Drowned World had some good mixes though.  It's a mix bag for me when it comes to NRM and Skin.

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Amazon Music has tracks identified

Screenshot_20230306_134058_Amazon Music.jpg

I really hope they fix this shitty release.

1. The album version wasn't put on the single release. They put the one called "Edit" on the single instead.

2. The 7" Remix is not the right one. I'm assuming they thought that the version on Celebration was an edit of the U.S. Remix.

3. The Dub is also missing.

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

Okay so, 2.99 = 3 tracks

What are we thinking exactly?

1. Original version aka 12” Mix
  2. Original 7” Mix aka Remix Edit 3:55
  3. Physical Attraction

7.99 for ROL had 9 tracks, so 2.99 should be 4 tracks:

1. Burning Up - 12" Version
  2. Burning Up - Remix Edit
  3. Physical Attraction - Edit
  4. Physical Attraction

I am hoping they replace one of the Physical Attraction versions with “Burning Up - Remix/Alt. Album Version” but I doubt they will. That version of Burning Up was used as b-side to Angel, so I'm guessing that is where they will put it.

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

4. Physical Attraction

I am hoping they replace one of the Physical Attraction versions with “Burning Up - Remix/Alt. Album Version” but I doubt they will. That version of Burning Up was used as b-side to Angel, so I'm guessing that is where they will put it.

I highly doubt it will be 4 tracks.  And I'm betting PA will not be on this release.  My guess it will include 2 to 3 tracks with being:

Album Version

12 Inch version

And possibly Alternate Album version

15 hours ago, MPowered said:

4. Physical Attraction

But Physical Attraction (Edit & Album Version) are available on streaming. It doesn't make sense to upload them with Burning Up. The perfect EP would be:

1. Burning Up (7'' Version)

2. Burning Up (12'' Version)

3. Burning Up (Video/Album Version)

4. Burning Up (Alternate Album Version) (This version could be uploaded with "Angel" EP as B-Side)

2 hours ago, MPowered said:

4. Physical Attraction

Borderline 2.99 = 3 tracks

10 hours ago, tscott said:

I highly doubt it will be 4 tracks.  And I'm betting PA will not be on this release.  My guess it will include 2 to 3 tracks with being:

Album Version

12 Inch version

And possibly Alternate Album version

Why exactly shouldn’t it be on this release? They are clearly going by US singles and Burning Up / Physical Attraction was a double A side just like Bad Girl / Fever was.

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

But Physical Attraction (Edit & Album Version) are available on streaming. It doesn't make sense to upload then with Burning Up. The perfect EP would be:

1. Burning Up (7'' Version)

2. Burning Up (12'' Version)

3. Burning Up (Video/Album Version)

4. Burning Up (Alternate Album Version) (This version could be uploaded with "Angel" EP as B-Side)

Yes, I am aware they are already available. That still didn’t stop them from releasing the same versions of La Isla Bonita and Borderline that were already available for streaming on the digital singles.

8 hours ago, deathproof said:

Borderline 2.99 = 3 tracks

Then why did we get 9 tracks for 7.99 in the case of ROL and 6 tracks for 4.99 in the case of Rain? 2.99 can still be 4 tracks.

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Ray of Light (Single Remixes)" OUT NOW!
11 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Back to Ray Of Light remixes quickly, isn't it interesting that on Finally Enough Love we got the "Sasha's Ultra Violet Mix Edit" which sounds a bit clunky imo when the superior Sasha Strip Down Mix was there the whole time

Because the Ultra Violet Edit was the main mix used to promote the single at the time. Also the strip down mix is just that, a stripped down version of the main song

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW