Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

15 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Exactly. But the 6-minute single version replaced the 4:57 version as the Album Version in 2001 with the album remaster... And now it's the Album Version.

It's all a bit messy.

So it sounds like all they have to do is release "The first album" on streaming and we would both the missing version of Everybody and the missing version of Burning Up

9 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

So it sounds like all they have to do is release "The first album" on streaming and we would both the missing version of Everybody and the missing version of Burning Up

Yeah, but "The First Album" 1985 release never had the original LP version of "Burning Up", it was always the video version. :smile:

But it could be a solution. Or "Madonna 40" if it's eventually coming.

Wasn’t the “Burning Up” 12” remix done by Barbiero & Thompson? I know it was done by someone other than Reggie Lucas or Jellybean.

Also, did anyone else notice that the Burning Up EP is remixed in spatial audio for Apple?

Also also, did anyone else  price how fucking stupid spatial audio is?

13 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yeah, but "The First Album" 1985 release never had the original LP version of "Burning Up", it was always the video version. :smile:

"The first album" vinyl and cassette always had the 4:48 version

"The first album" CD always had the video version.

Oh, I need "The first album" CD using the original master tape for the European vinyl.

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

"The first album" vinyl and cassette always had the 4:48 version

"The first album" CD always had the video version.

Oh, I need "The first album" CD using the original master tape for the European vinyl.

I just checked... apparently it was the video version on the vinyl for Europe but the original LP version on "The First Album" for Spain?

Europe: https://www.discogs.com/es/release/3969443-Madonna-The-First-Album

Spain: https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2034418-Madonna-The-First-Album

If it helps, I had a copy of the original Spanish "Madonna" album and it also included the original LP version of "Burning Up", maybe it was the master that Warner Spain had back then.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I just checked... apparently it was the video version on the vinyl for Europe but the original LP version on "The First Album" for Spain?

Europe: https://www.discogs.com/es/release/3969443-Madonna-The-First-Album

Spain: https://www.discogs.com/es/release/2034418-Madonna-The-First-Album

If it helps, I had a copy of the original Spanish "Madonna" album and it also included the original LP version of "Burning Up", maybe it was the master that Warner Spain had back then.

I have the spanish and german "the first album" vinyls and both have the 4:48 version. Even my japanese "Madonna" vinyl has the 4:48 version.

33 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Wasn’t the “Burning Up” 12” remix done by Barbiero & Thompson? I know it was done by someone other than Reggie Lucas or Jellybean.

Reggie is the only one credited for that version. You can tell it's his based on the Nov 1982 demos that leaked.

37 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

Also, did anyone else notice that the Burning Up EP is remixed in spatial audio for Apple?

Hmm, are you sure? Mine is only labelled as Lossless, there's no Spatial Audio label for mine....

47 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Actually, it was "The First Album" 1985 and the original 1st pressing of the debut album in '83 that had the 4:48 (original) version.  And as many have mentioned, the original version was replaced on the further pressings of the debut album.  I'm unaware of any other future pressings of "The First Album" or not having the 4:48 version. 

1 hour ago, clkelley39 said:

I didn't notice it on Burning Up but I love Spatial Audio when it's done right - there are some gorgeous classical releases that are wonderful in it, Mariah's "Butterfly" album sounds great with its treatment too. 

I think that the reason of the changes between versions of album and singles in the first album is the way that the album was made. The singles were beeing released without the album totally complete. So the versions that came out in the singles were the ones we know. But the time that album shoul be released, back in that dates, it could be "incoherent" and bad marketing, confusing consumers, with an album with songs that they weren't listening in the disco/radio/TV or buying in a single. The marketing and release of singles in US/UK/EU was a mess, we alla know, taking advantage of the rises in charts. I know that burning up video was with a different version, but mtv was weak that days, and the scope of videoclip was about to happen.

2 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Is there non Dolby Atmos spatial audio, and if so, how do you see that?  I'm using the Canadian Apple Music and I don't see any Atmos label on the Burning Up EP or any of the songs when they play :(

1 hour ago, luckypierre78 said:

Is there non Dolby Atmos spatial audio, and if so, how do you see that?  I'm using the Canadian Apple Music and I don't see any Atmos label on the Burning Up EP or any of the songs when they play :(

I don’t think it has to be Dolby Atmos to be spatial audio. I don’t remember seeing a label, I just know that I was listening to it via Qobuz and when I turned my head, the balance changed .

• New_Boy changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Burning Up / Physical Attraction" OUT NOW!
  • Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW