Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 minutes ago, tscott said:

I think you're taking it too seriously. It may not make sense to you, but it makes total sense to add this to her digital and streaming platforms.  Sure, they could have included more mixes, but it's not a big deal.

Also, I highly doubt these mixes are being saved for a "box set" or for the expanded releases, but if they did, it would make sense to release this with a re-issue of Something to Remember compilation.  I doubt that's ever happening, but otherwise, it would make to include in some package for the LAV album since that is where the song originated from in the first place.

It’s not a big deal to mega fans on her fan sites who have all of these mixes.

Again, it isn’t the point. 

18 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Just a dick move, IMO.

it's not just that, I think it's mostly the incompetence of the people who are working on these EPs/Remix EPs and etc 

I just hate that Mariah's team handled her MC30 releases so well, compiling great EPs with mostly all remixes (including extremely rare ones) and some live versions, 4K remasters, even unreleased videos and live album... and we are having... well.. 

11 minutes ago, Madant said:

What an odd choice for a digital single release... They should have included the dubs & Mark!'s mixes... Maybe, we'll be getting Part 2 when STR turns 30, though it's unlikely

Well, at least, the Hot Mix Edit is something new within the package that we can look forward to

Not so odd since it was released March 19th of 1996.  A lot of these digital releases are following an anniversary release pattern. 

As for the inclusion of other mixes, I do agree, but then again, whatever they would have included, there would still be complaints.  I mean; some simply complain if a 7'' edit/remix isn't included with some of these releases.  :lol:

Just now, tscott said:

Not so odd since it was released March 19th of 1996.  A lot of these digital releases are following an anniversary release pattern. 

As for the inclusion of other mixes, I do agree, but then again, whatever they would have included, there would still be complaints.  I mean; some simply complain if a 7'' edit/remix isn't included with some of these releases.  :lol:

When Madonna is primarily known as a singles artist, one of the best, if not the best, and they release a digital EP with a faux 7” Version like they did with Borderline, it will bother some fans.

I don’t think there is anything odd or surprising with negative reactions.

1 hour ago, Jackie said:

What a shitty release - none of the amazing promo mixes - I don’t understand! 

56 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Remember when this was meant to be the release! Not this reductive shitty EP lol

03D862A1-BFE1-4A2C-83E3-A315192E1896.jpeg

Where did you get the image from?Was it real and planned to be released digitally

6 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

it's from this threadfrom  a few years ago, LDLHA and Fever (if i recall) were supposed to be released sometime in 2021 but were pulled at the last minute

This. Both "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" and "Fever" digital singles were planned to be released around March 2021 but were cancelled in the end. "Fever" later was released with "Bad Girl" last October and half of that original "LDLHA" digital maxi is coming at midnight today. :Madonna009:

Seriously, maybe there's legal issues with those remixes not included or they're saving them for anything else (I doubt it, though).

Nah they can seriously fuck off with this. They gave us promo only mixes last year and now they are suddenly doing this?

What exactly is the reason? This is beyond shit. I wanna know who the person is that took over since this year cause it most definitely is someone who doesn’t give an ounce of a shit.

If they can release the Hot Mix Radio Edit on this EP, then they can legally release them all.

Since these are all Edits/Short, maybe there will be a 2nd EP with the full club mixes, though that wouldn’t make any sense, but not making sense, makes perfect sense with M’s people. :)

Why would Madonna release radio edits of Love Don’t Live Here Anymore instead of the full versions?

As an AI language model, I don't have access to Madonna's thoughts or decision-making process regarding her music releases. However, generally speaking, an artist may release a radio edit of a song instead of the full version for several reasons.

One possible reason is that radio edits are typically shorter than the full versions of a song. Radio stations have limited airtime, and they prefer to play shorter versions of songs to fit more music into their programming. Therefore, a radio edit may be more likely to get airplay and exposure than a full version.

Another reason could be that the radio edit is more commercially appealing to a wider audience. The radio edit may have been reworked to have a catchier chorus, a more accessible sound, or be more upbeat, making it more likely to be popular on the radio and in other mainstream media.

It's also possible that Madonna released a radio edit of "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" simply because she wanted to provide different versions of the song for her fans to enjoy. Artists often release multiple versions of their songs to cater to different audiences and tastes, and a radio edit may be one of those versions.

14 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Why would Madonna release radio edits of Love Don’t Live Here Anymore instead of the full versions?

As an AI language model, I don't have access to Madonna's thoughts or decision-making process regarding her music releases. However, generally speaking, an artist may release a radio edit of a song instead of the full version for several reasons.

One possible reason is that radio edits are typically shorter than the full versions of a song. Radio stations have limited airtime, and they prefer to play shorter versions of songs to fit more music into their programming. Therefore, a radio edit may be more likely to get airplay and exposure than a full version.

Another reason could be that the radio edit is more commercially appealing to a wider audience. The radio edit may have been reworked to have a catchier chorus, a more accessible sound, or be more upbeat, making it more likely to be popular on the radio and in other mainstream media.

It's also possible that Madonna released a radio edit of "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" simply because she wanted to provide different versions of the song for her fans to enjoy. Artists often release multiple versions of their songs to cater to different audiences and tastes, and a radio edit may be one of those versions.

Going by that logic, they would habe released the radio edits of the Ray of Light mixes but they also forgot to do that. 🙃

Nothing about this all makes any sense and I’m actually thinking that a different executive is currently handling the single re-issues project.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW