Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

The Soulpower Remix hasn't aged well, it sounds so bland and boring to me, even though it was remixed by a famous Danish duo...

The album remix is actually quite good on its own, haven't heard it in a very long time, even though I personally think it belongs strictly to STR cause it fits so well with the other tracks

What took me by surprise is the Hot Mix Edit, cause it sounds so fresh, lively, and modern. It was one of the first files I downloaded God knows from where, at the time when telephone-based modems were at their height. It was a file with the RM extension, and it was one of the Hot mixes

48 minutes ago, Madant said:

The Soulpower Remix hasn't aged well, it sounds so bland and boring to me, even though it was remixed by a famous Danish duo...

The album remix is actually quite good on its own, haven't heard it in a very long time, even though I personally think it belongs strictly to STR cause it fits so well with the other tracks

What took me by surprise is the Hot Mix Edit, cause it sounds so fresh, lively, and modern. It was one of the first files I downloaded God knows from where, at the time when telephone-based modems were at their height. It was a file with the RM extension, and it was one of the Hot mixes

The album version is ok,the start flute is very annoying in my opinion

The soul power mix i love it and the remix edit and all mixes too

I really dislike the Soulpower Remix and was so disappointed when I was up early to watch the premiere of the music video, not only by the boring video, but by the remix they chose to use.

I saw a video where someone used the Album Remix and it works so much better. Perfection.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

I saw a video where someone used the Album Remix and it works so much better. Perfection.

I like both the album and Soul Power mix. I presume probably they played the Album remix for the shooting, cause in minute 3:50 you can clearly see how she pronounce the "Don't" that is present in the album remix but not in the soulpower mix. Here is the version with the album remix.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - "Love Don’t Live Here Anymore" OUT NOW!
18 hours ago, Drum Dub said:

I like both the album and Soul Power mix. I presume probably they played the Album remix for the shooting, cause in minute 3:50 you can clearly see how she pronounce the "Don't" that is present in the album remix but not in the soulpower mix. Here is the version with the album remix.

I think they just used a wrong/bad edit of The SoulPower Remix for the video. If you play the CD version of SoulPower remix, it matches her lipsyncing as the Album remix does. 

On 3/17/2023 at 2:35 PM, BuggedOut said:

I really dislike the Soulpower Remix and was so disappointed when I was up early to watch the premiere of the music video, not only by the boring video, but by the remix they chose to use.

13 hours ago, DJ PHIBES said:

Question 

Years ago I bought a bootleg cd with the " love don't live here anymore " versions and there's 

"The early morning mix "

Is it fake ?

🤔

Do you mean Love Don't Live Here Anymore (Early Morning Dub)?  It’s on the official promo vinyl etc. 

https://www.discogs.com/release/467966-Madonna-Love-Dont-Live-Here-Anymore-Remixes

8 hours ago, Rosita The chihuahua said:

Interesting!

I always thought the 3:47 "mistake" was because she was tired from "Evita" and "couldn't remember the words", as she wrote in the movie diaries, but it's actually cause they shot the video with the "Something To Remember" Album Version and then changed it to the Soulpower Remix! I guess Warner (and herself) pushing for a more R&B sound in 1996?

Didn't work that well that move: #78 on the Billboard Hot 100. (Probably the same or lower with the album version, though?).

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW