Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Good to know the Kruder & Dorfmeister Mix (and the other mixes, for those who love them lol) of NRM has a chance of being available, but I mean... they're not releasing the Dub? what I mean is... if Bertrand hadn't just recently shared his rip of an obscure in-house Maverick CDr, we simply would not have gotten this mix (apart from a white label vinyl rip)?!

they were doing so well, really starting to get the hang of these reissues, being comprehensive with all the mixes...

and as for the "they're saving for the reissues" line of thinking - I just don't believe it yet. that didn't stop them from releasing a bunch of mixes before which ended up on FEL, for example. and I really hope they don't end up only on the physical reissues, as they'll probably all be tampered with - i.e. compressed to death - whereas on these digital EPs, we're getting, at least for the late 80's/90's releases, them straight from the digital files from in-house/promo CDrs...

4 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Unless those mixes were never released on digital 😈

Most hardcore fans would still have those mixes unofficially.  No different to leaks and other promotional mixes that have made it online.  In fact, I'm sure most of anything can be found at this forum alone in the download forums of this community. :)

I still don’t get why people are so het up on stuff not on streaming - don’t you guys have all these songs on your laptops , hard drives etc ? They have only been available for like nearly 30 years and you can transfer them to your phones too ? Sure I get that there are vinyl only songs that need digital releases ( open your heart remix edit, spotlight unmixed and rescue me lifeboat dub bring my most wanted ) but why all the NRM remixes ???

1 minute ago, wtg1987 said:

I still don’t get why people are so het up on stuff not on streaming - don’t you guys have all these songs on your laptops , hard drives etc ? They have only been available for like nearly 30 years and you can transfer them to your phones too ? Sure I get that there are vinyl only songs that need digital releases ( open your heart remix edit, spotlight unmixed and rescue me lifeboat dub bring my most wanted ) but why all the NRM remixes ???

Yea, I was thinking that too, why do I even care lol - I don't know - I guess we are all super fans and want the world to hear it all.

1 hour ago, tscott said:

Meltdowns already?  LOL!  Seriously though, they have no obligation to fulfill our wishes with promo and unreleased mixes.  No one else but some hardcore fans care if they get promotional or edits of the version.  And you'd think most of those fans would have at least a digital library of their own with those mixes. 

I'm just grateful that they are releasing her mixes to the streaming world.  :)

I don’t see any meltdowns. I see people disappointed that officially released stuff to the public ie Club 69 Mixshow Mix, etc is probably not going to be included.

No need for dramatics :P

40 minutes ago, tscott said:

Most hardcore fans would still have those mixes unofficially.  No different to leaks and other promotional mixes that have made it online.  In fact, I'm sure most of anything can be found at this forum alone in the download forums of this community. :)

Not everything. For example the edit two of fever was never available as a true digital file until they released it officially on the Rain digital single. 
I just think it’s a missed opportunity to have a reissue campaign and not put in the care and planning it deserves 

44 minutes ago, tscott said:

Then by that logic, no one here should be streaming any of M’s stuff, since we have it all and carry our digital libraries around with us. :)

20 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Yea, I was thinking that too, why do I even care lol - I don't know - I guess we are all super fans and want the world to hear it all.

Fuck the world lol. I just want a full comprehensive digital archive for myself.

Also I wanna give her my streams but if they leave stuff out it’s much too complicated to juggle between Spotify and my personal streaming app

23 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Personally, I use streaming a lot when I am cleaning, showering, in my car, etc and having things streaming is just convenient to make playlists to listen to do whilst doing those things.

I don’t carry external HD’s with me from room to room and in my car, but maybe I am in the minority.

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Not everything. For example the edit two of fever was never available as a true digital file until they released it officially on the Rain digital single. 
I just think it’s a missed opportunity to have a reissue campaign and not put in the care and planning it deserves 

I understand that, but some get too serious about it.  Most of these edits are slight and I'm a hardcore fan and I don't care if all of them make it to streaming.  As @wtg1987stated, I have every one of these mixes digitally. Most every one of these files have been ripped,existed for years and have been shared extensively.  I don't believe for a second a casual fan or the general public cares to hear "Fever (edit two)" or some other edit.  

I do think a lot of fans unreasonably expect way too much here.  This will never end if we keep complaining that every single promo or mix we know exists must be made available for us.   :)

27 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

Then by that logic, no one here should be streaming any of M’s stuff, since we have it all and carry our digital libraries around with us. :)

You're twisting what I said.  I simply stated that there is no reason to feel we are owed all these different versions of her songs on the streaming platforms, especially the ones that didn't exist commercially in the first place.  And it's just weird to see people like you have meltdowns or become dramatic over it, acting as if you are owed her complete unreleased and/or promotional catalog.   Or even more, think some major 'f-up' is being made.:om:

7 minutes ago, tscott said:

You're twisting what I said.  I simply stated that there is no reason to feel we are owed all these different versions of her songs on the streaming platforms, especially the ones that didn't exist commercially in the first place.  And it's just weird to see people like you have meltdowns or become dramatic over it, acting as if you are owed her complete unreleased catalog.   Or even more, think some major 'f-up' is being made.:om:

When M’s people were uploading EP’s like Bedtime Story and Frozen, with every mix possible included, and then they suddenly stop doing that and only upload mixes from the UK single (LDLHA) and probably the U.S. cd of Nothing Really Matters, it’s just disappointing.

Nobody is saying that is the end of the world.

Casual streamers are not the only ones that matter. They should be trying to please both parties when it is incredibly easy. That’s all. 

57 minutes ago, Jackie said:

And this I get... just as we all want her to score another huge hit with a new song.  We want it all.  But it's just not realistic. I don't know any other artist who has provided all their mixes, edits, promotional mixes/edits, etc. to the public in the way some fans are expecting here of Madonna.  I can't speak for most fans, but a lot of these mixes and edits don't sound much different to what is already provided. I know we have serious audiophiles who can pin point every little difference, addition, etc, but I'm just happy to have the original version and the mixes they provide.   It's just weird how dramatic and upset some get over this when I feel we are pretty damn lucky to have her still releasing new music and doing her best getting her whole catalog out to the public. Some say it's not the "end of the world", yet they rant on and on about it consistently with every time something is released.  It's like they are never happy!

13 minutes ago, tscott said:

And this I get... just as we all want her to score another huge hit with a new song.  We want it all.  But it's just not realistic. I don't know any other artist who has provided all their mixes, edits, promotional mixes/edits, etc. to the public in the way some fans are expecting here of Madonna.  I can't speak for most fans, but a lot of these mixes and edits don't sound much different to what is already provided. I know we have serious audiophiles who can pin point every little difference, addition, etc, but I'm just happy to have the original version and the mixes they provide.   It's just weird how dramatic and upset some get over this when I feel we are pretty damn lucky to have her still releasing new music and doing her best getting her whole catalog out to the public. Some say it's not the "end of the world", yet they rant on and on about it consistently with every time something is released.  It's like they are never happy!

Of all people, Mariah Carey’s people released everything and more. Yikes.

19 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

But that's more so cuz it was 4th single right?  Do any 4th singles really do well?

No. Warners screwed up the release of it in the US and it barely cracked the Hot 100. The physical single was released weeks after the Grammy performance and video had happened and any radio play and post Grammy buzz had fizzled out... or maybe it went to radio really late, I can't quite remember...

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

No. Warners screwed up the release of it in the US and it barely cracked the Hot 100. The physical single was released weeks after the Grammy performance and video had happened and any radio play and post Grammy buzz had fizzled out... or maybe it went to radio really late, I can't quite remember...

Well it definitely was in the clurb. This was the beginning of my clubbing days. 

8 hours ago, Rebel Hugo said:

From ukmix.org

ARTIST:Madonna

TITLE: Nothing Really Matters

Label: RH/MAV/Rhino/Maverick Records

Config & Selection #: IA 724996

Street Date: 03/31/23

Order Due Date: 02/24/23

UPC: 603497832484

Box Count: 0

Units Per Set:

SRP: $7.99

NOTHING REALLY MATTERS NEXT WEEK!!! excited nothing really matters GIF

WE WON

6 hours ago, Jackie said:

BUT who's buying? It's all streaming - no one (except a few) are actually buying - it's all streaming - so it's all part of the monthly streaming cost. 

I run Madonna Australia as you know and from the comments on the posts we do for the digital releases, I've learned there are a number of fans who still like to buy from iTunes and similar - from the comments I've also learned that there are some who are not interested in digital or streaming and are only buying physical releases like we got with FEL etc it's always interesting how people consume music 

4 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

I run Madonna Australia as you know and from the comments on the posts we do for the digital releases, I've learned there are a number of fans who still like to buy from iTunes and similar - from the comments I've also learned that there are some who are not interested in digital or streaming and are only buying physical releases like we got with FEL etc it's always interesting how people consume music 

I stand corrected! :) 

7 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Warner always pushed for album sales back then (way more profitable than single sales). It was intentional. “You like the song? Well, buy the whole album then” was the reason behind the mess.

“Nothing Really Matters” case was extreme and a total chart mess in the US and surely it added to her being pissed off and all the tensions with them in 2000-2001 and later.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW