Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 4/2/2023 at 6:11 AM, Roland Barthes said:

I hate ALL Junior's remixes. To me, like the dated Club69 remixes, the Calderone ones (except for the WIFLFAG one) and the awful Offer Nissim's ones, they are cheap provincial gay discos material for 50 y/o wannabe gym queens. But that's just my opinon. And I did not like the Roxy and Tunnel and Twilo when i went to them because i was already clubbing in Paris and London and only cheap clubs played divas remixes there. I was very disappointed with New York's clubs. And these Madonna maxis tried to give something to her american fans and to her european fans who had different tastes. Those NRM club 69 remixes were post Daft Punk's first album and they sounded so 10 years ago when they (finally) got released (well Daft Punk became all shitty too with their horrible second album anyway). Orbital, Stereo Mc's, K&D etc... they totally recreated the songs making them almost like another song and that was interesting, the othe rones just made extended remixes, changing the more subtle album arrangements for cheap Roland loops that are more immediate on the dancefloor and at the gym.

Wow you must be fun at parties haha

I can understand not liking Junior's mixes. Different strokes for different folks. I've never seen it for Offer Nissim or Tracy Young mixes.

Junior's mixes, especially from Human Nature onward, became a little... off? But, I think some of his later "Earth" remixes of "Deeper and Deeper" and "Frozen" are some of his best ever. I enjoyed the pots and pans of his "You'll See"/"POG" remixes at the time because you could slap a dance beat on Promise To Try (I had 2 of these in rotation at the time 🥴) and l'd love it. But I listen now and think "Oh dear..."

KI at the 50 yr old muscle queen shade though when we are all here celebrating thee 64 yr muscle queen of queens.

3 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

I can understand not liking Junior's mixes. Different strokes for different folks. I've never seen it for Offer Nissim or Tracy Young mixes.

Junior's mixes, especially from Human Nature onward, became a little... off? But, I think some of his later "Earth" remixes of "Deeper and Deeper" and "Frozen" are some of his best ever. I enjoyed the pots and pans of his "You'll See"/"POG" remixes at the time because you could slap a dance beat on Promise To Try (I had 2 of these in rotation at the time 🥴) and l'd love it. But I listen now and think "Oh dear..."

KI at the 50 yr old muscle queen shade though when we are all here celebrating thee 64 yr muscle queen of queens.

The thing that was off about Juniors mixes of Human Nature, was that he didn’t mix it. :silly:

That was Danny Tenaglia, but I would have liked some variety as far as the dance mixes went. Wasn’t fond of the ‘urban’ mixes.

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

The thing that was off about Juniors mixes of Human Nature, was that he didn’t mix it. :silly:

That was Danny Tenaglia, but I would have liked some variety as far as the dance mixes went. Wasn’t fond of the ‘urban’ mixes.

I mean Junior's Tunnel Mix of HN and the unofficial ones he did that followed. Danny's classic house mixes of HN don't do much for me but I love the dubs particularly the Bottom Heavy Dub (classic NY underground!). I wish he would have mixed her when he was in his Blondie "Nothing Is Real But The Girl"/ Garbage "When I Grow Up" era. The HN/TAB  mixes could have been way more creative.

Nothing has been advanced so far so maybe there's nothing coming this Friday?

But "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" came out of the blue anyway without "warning". So let's see...

Praying for "American Life". It's time to give that song, video and remixes package justice. And the commercial CD single was released in the US on April 8 2003, so it's the 20th anniversary this Friday (April 14 for the rest of the world).

Checking the pendent re-releases besides all the American Life singles (AL in April, Hollywood in July, DAD and NF in October and LP in December), the most important remixed singles to complete would be:

Keep it Together (released in January, and she hasn't re-released any LAP thing in a while)

I'll Remember (March, maybe leaving it for the end?)

This Used to Be My Playgroound (June)

Into the Groove (July, would be great to double side it with Angel)

Drowned World / Substitute for Love (August)

Causing a Commotion (August)

The Power of Good Bye (September)

Don't Tell Me (November, terribly overlooked)

Then there's singles with little or none extra material of interest like Crazy for You, Dear Jessie or The Look of Love. We can perfectly expect American Life this week. Fingers crossed

2 hours ago, Kacper said:

Hold up your prayers, Ray of Light anniversary hasn't ended yet. The Power of Good-Bye and Drowned World are on their way to streaming. Madonna may not want to celebrate American Life anyway.

Yes that’s why they created a brand new EP of American Life for RSD. 

I want that silly, fun remix of Angel on streaming where the crowd is chanting Madonna more convincingly than the cheerleaders on GMAYL. It’s a yuge guilty pleasure. 

I really thought it was gonna be on Finally Enough Love when I saw the cover in the images on the album cover 🤣 alas as per usual no love for Angel

the vid was posted in 2019 and has over 500k views, that’s good right? People like it even if she doesn’t 

5 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I want that silly, fun remix of Angel on streaming where the crowd is chanting Madonna more convincingly than the cheerleaders on GMAYL. It’s a yuge guilty pleasure. 

I really thought it was gonna be on Finally Enough Love when I saw the cover in the images on the album cover 🤣 alas as per usual no love for Angel

the vid was posted in 2019 and has over 500k views, that’s good right? People like it even if she doesn’t 

Yeah Angel and the twelve inch version

would be a huge bit of fun from the left field 

10 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

It and several of her older songs are available on Youtube music interestingly enough.  But yeah, I'd like to see this and others pop up on the other streaming and digital platforms.

EDIT: you must have edited your post when I posted, so I didn't see your additional comment and link to the youtube stream.  Ha!  :party:

27 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Angel is in my top 5 fav M tracks but I loathe that dance mix.

So annoying to me!

21 minutes ago, tscott said:

It and several of her older songs are available on Youtube music interestingly enough.  But yeah, I'd like to see this and others pop up on the other streaming and digital platforms.

EDIT: you must have edited your post when I posted, so I didn't see your additional comment and link to the youtube stream.  Ha!  :party:

With how the single digital files are going,I’m convinced next release they are gonna use filtered 32 kbps stems and give them to Emily so she can recreate the files:07:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW