Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

9 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

We are probably getting something in two days. Wonder what? Maybe American Life 

Speaking of, I sure hope that the RDD American Life Mixhow EP will go digital.  When the RSD Who's that Girl/Causing a Commotion didn't,  it was super disappointing.

On 4/11/2023 at 1:53 PM, BuggedOut said:

The video version of OYH is pointless. It’s got a 10 second different intro? The Remix Edit should’ve been on Finally Enough in-house Remix Edits, but that’s another story.

Some of the upscale videos look great, but others look no different (Borderline).

Why is it they aren’t going back to the original film and re-scanning, the way they do to movies?

Seems a bit lazy to do all these upscales.

Because unlike movies most music videos have been edited on tape not on film. 
so they have to transfer all the broll from film (that might not exist entirely or might have gotten damaged) and re-edit the video from scratch. This involves a team of people and a pretty sizable effort. And the commercial return from music videos is pretty minimal. 
It’s a possibility they’re working towards it and meanwhile these upscaled videos are being done

The 20th anniversary of the American life is next Friday, I guess they will start the anniversary campaign then, instead of last week which was the anniversary of the single. I wonder why they didn't use last week and this week to get Drowned world and The power of goodbye out and finish Ray of light

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

The 20th anniversary of the American life is next Friday, I guess they will start the anniversary campaign then, instead of last week which was the anniversary of the single. I wonder why they didn't use last week and this week to get Drowned world and The power of goodbye out and finish Ray of light

As ever, there’s no consistency to the releases. It’s a fucking shambles. 

1 hour ago, animalinstinct said:

As ever, there’s no consistency to the releases. It’s a fucking shambles. 

It really is tbh. Like.. they followed a format for Erotica at least. Why not just do they same with the digital EP’s and vids for Ray Of Light. If they had done this over the last two weeks we’d be ready for American Life series. Very odd moves. I’m sure there’s a whiteboard with a schedule somewhere but it’s so chaotic there can’t be any over arching plan other than to just drip feed stuff. 

On 4/12/2023 at 1:16 AM, thegoldencalf said:

I’m pretty sure most things are digitalized. 
We got the OYH Dub, True Blue Dub and the like LAP dubs. And from leaks from the Warner vaults we got a bunch of dubs that we didn’t even know existed.

well. The Dub of OYH was already available digitally since it was included on a yellow german cd-single 1995, but to hear the other ones in perfect quality was a nice surprise. Especially the LAP dubs. :)

On 4/11/2023 at 12:39 AM, wtg1987 said:

Isn’t there rumoured to be a nile rogers unreleased mix of Angel ? I mean the production on it is so cute. I’d love some long instrumental parts but I guess it will be saved ( hopefully) for the super deluxe version that we are supposed to be getting 😊

Nile Rodgers remixed the released dance mix of Angel, and it's not very good in my opinion. Way too much reverb and almost no drums. Not very dance friendly.

But there's an unreleased dance mix of Like A Virgin by Nile Rodgers that I'm dying to hear!

Edited by Celebration
I had more to say (see edit history)

17 minutes ago, Celebration said:

well. The Dub of OYH was already available digitally since it was included on a yellow german cd-single 1995, but to hear the other ones in perfect quality was a nice surprise. Especially the LAP dubs. :)

The yellow CDs for the most part are badly mastered/unmastered. The digital file we got with the EP is highly superior

1 minute ago, BuggedOut said:

The dance mix of Angel is awful.

’Madonna! Madonna! Madonna’ throughout is annoying.

It isn’t a live concert track.

Right?

I was sooo disappointed when I first listened to it. The album version is such a wonderful delight, so to ruin it like that is just sad.
Maybe Rodgers' remix of Virgin was equally awful and therefore not released.

19 minutes ago, deathproof said:

The dance mix of Angel is perfection. No. More. Slander.

I am with you 100%. In fact, I was entering this thread just out of frustration after checking one more time (I do it from time to time just in case) to see if the Dance Remix had been brought to streaming platforms already. I always loved the vocals that were not used on the album version, and I like the overall vibe. Even though I like the album version as well, it's too... "polite"? My opinion might be definitely biased though, cause I first heard the Dance Mix way before having the "Like a Virgin" album, since an uncle had the 12", so that's the arrangement I knew for years. I'm impatient for it to be on streaming so I can add it to my definitive Madonna playlist :)

10 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

If we are rumoured to get a proper album reissue for July - when would warners announce it ? Some artists have announced stuff for June ( pet shop boys ) so surely it should be #soon ??

The usual legacy artist/back catalogue rollout is 2-3 months between announcement and release, but each campaign is different.

"Madame X" was announced on April 14 2019 and released on June 14 2019. But "Finally Enough Love" was announced on May 4 2022 and released on August 19 2022.

If something is coming in July we should expect an announcement at any time between now and mid-May.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW