Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

9 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Someone here made a wonderful vocal edit of the Thin White Dick Mix of Hollywood and it's actually quite fantastic. I agree, however, that the annoying thing about the original mixes is the fact that there are so few of the original vocals.

Would love to hear it!

3 hours ago, deathproof said:

Why are people shocked? It's what was already on her youtube channel since 2009.

Maybe we will be gifted the original video tomorrow Friday EST?

She should do it.  No one would really bat an eye now, if she uploads it.  And what is radio going to do, "blacklist" her? LOL! They don't play her music as it is.  :smuglaugh:

On 4/19/2023 at 3:01 PM, tscott said:

OMG.  I'm TRULY ecstatic.  I love it! This is truly great news if it's true!  Thanks! :party: 

Also, can't wait to be entertained by those who will moan about some edit missing.  LOL!

Of course you would be entertained. Isn't this like your 20th dupe account after you got banned by Fighter and Jackie? :smke:

19 minutes ago, dylanlioncourt said:

Of course you would be entertained. Isn't this like your 20th dupe account after you got banned by Fighter and Jackie? :smke:

I have no idea who you are and what you are talking about? I refuse to participate in this sort of a accosting and will ignore you from this point on. I'm not here to participate in your bullish drama. 

@Jackie

1 hour ago, Joan Rivers said:

the girls are fighting!!!

No fight or drama on my end.  Let's move on.   :)

Like so many, I am excited we're now getting AL remixes.  Hope the follow up singles will be coming soon as well.  Can't believe they snuck in that HD upgrade of American Life on us without any mention yet.

3 hours ago, MPowered said:

Wait...I thought they were MP3/lossy sourced?! If this is their spec, then that means that we actually got them in lossless for the first time!

These images are too small to be able to tell anything.

There are two versions of American Life Rauhofer part 1 depending on which cd you have - one of them is lossy and the other is fine. Vission's DAD and Part 2 are always lossy sourced.

This digital release uses the lossy for all three. They were mastered that way unfortunately.

22 minutes ago, bertrand said:

These images are too small to be able to tell anything.

There are two versions of American Life Rauhofer part 1 depending on which cd you have - one of them is lossy and the other is fine. Vission's DAD and Part 2 are always lossy sourced.

This digital release uses the lossy for all three. They were mastered that way unfortunately.

If they were mastered that way, how come there is a lossless copy of the Vission Mix of DAD? 

So strange that they actually mastered lossy files for the release. 😩 I really want to know what happened during this album cycle that made them do that…

While I wait for American Life to drop in my Apple Music, I made a list of digital singles potentially still to come:

Angel

Dress You Up

Live To Tell (for 7” edit)

Papa Don’t Preach (unless Ain’t No Big Deal is included on Dress You Up)

Open Your Heart (for 7” remix)

Who’s That Girl

Causing A Commotion

Keep It Together

This Used To Be My Playground

I’ll Remember

You’ll See

Drowned World/Sky Fits Heaven

Power of Goodbye

Don’t Tell Me

Die Another Day

Hollywood

Nothing Fails/Nobody Knows Me

Love Profusion 

(And Britney hasn’t released Me Against the Music as a digital single)

And the singles where all the tracks are on streaming already, listed for completism sake / the artwork:

Holiday

Lucky Star

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

Crazy For You (1985)

Into the Groove (1985)

Over and Over

True Blue

The Look of Love

Spotlight

Cherish

Oh Father

Dear Jessie

The Holiday Collection (assuming CaC Silver Screen single version is included on CaC)

Fever (presumably wouldn’t get this even for the art)

One More Chance (would probably just put You’ll See Spanglish version on You’ll See)

You Must Love Me

Promos with remix(es) that we’re hoping find their way to digital, as bonus tracks on album reissues or other special releases:

Buenos Aires

Skin

I Want You 

Impressive Instant

Mother and Father

Broken

Love Spent

Superstar

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

What digital singles left off enough remixes that there is potential to release a second additional digital single for the song?

I can’t imagine they’d make another digital single for Secret just to give us the Instrumental and Let Down Your Guard.

But there must be some where there’s real potential to do something extra.

16 minutes ago, f78k said:

I had kinda forgotten how cool the American Life remixes were.

Too bad that the whole release was overshadowed by the video controversy…

Would be great to get the withdrawn video officially available on Madonna’s channels at last.

I wish that Apple Music would sort it out and consistently categorise all of these new digital singles under EPs/Singles and not under Albums or (in the case of Nothing Really Matters) under Compilations. It’s messy 😆 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW