Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I disagree, her worst upscale is Rain, her makeup does not translate in HD, she looked beautiful in the SD video, she looks like a drag in HD.

I disagree. It looks so amazing. The blues pop better, the exposure isn't too harsh and the contrast is really good. Plus, I think her makeup looks good in the HD version even. :D

This single is so fun, hearing all the “fuck it”s again warms my soul. It is funny that the Missy Elliott remix aged like spoiled milk and I forgot about that now ironic 50 Cent shout out, I didn’t even add this to the playlist imo it sounds cheap and lazy. The dance remixes are fun to me, especially peak Peter R., as they were trying to bridge the circuit crowd with the rave crowd at the time, I totally forgot about the two Die Another Day remixes being on the single! 

8 hours ago, MPowered said:

Crazy for You only has the TIC version uploaded on Spotify.

Holiday's & Lucky Star's original 7" Edits are not on streaming either.

Papa Don't Preach - Edit/Fade

True Blue - LP Edit/Fade is also not on streaming.

Cherish - 7" Edit

Dear Jessie - Fade/Unmixed

There are a lot of Fever mixes that were omitted from the digital release.

One More Chance - Edit/Fade

You Must Love Me / I'd Be Surprisingly Good for You - Orchestral Version and the Single Version of You Must Love Me are also not available yet.

ah ok, I thought Finally Enough covered a lot of early 7” edits. Lucky Star was still an oversight thought.

An anniversary version of the first album and also Like A Virgin on streaming like we got for True Blue would have mopped at least some of these current omissions 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

ah ok, I thought Finally Enough covered a lot of early 7” edits. Lucky Star was still an oversight thought.

An anniversary version of the first album and also Like A Virgin on streaming like we got for True Blue would have mopped at least some of these current omissions 

I think they still wouldn't have included the 7" mixes. I also think they were just kind of testing the waters with those in terms of reception. I think the singles were more well-received and also brought in more money.

Finally Enough Love covered only very few singles from the 80s. Most of the edits came from You Can Dance. Holiday has an alternate/new edit. Knowing her team though, they will add that shit to the Holiday single (if it isn't merged with Lucky Star) instead of the original mix. 

35 minutes ago, Harry X said:

I found the cover being brighter (red color) here... https://m.lnk.to/ALRemixes

The file is upscaled using Topaz Labs.

Literally so god damn embarrassing. I wanna know who the intern is that is doing all this, so I can beat his ass.

9 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

What's the big deal though? It's not like anyone can tell the difference on Spotify 

It's the fact that THIS is their very sentiment. That is the problem.They are half-asking things and looking for cheap and easy ways out with no willingness to dig through the archives.

"Nobody's gonna know" :silly:
This is their current motto...and they are not realizing that we ARE gonna know. Who are they doing these single re-issues for? The GP? I don't think so. If they wanna do something for the fans, at least do it RIGHT.

8 minutes ago, MPowered said:

It's the fact that THIS is their very sentiment. That is the problem.They are half-asking things and looking for cheap and easy ways out with no willingness to dig through the archives.

"Nobody's gonna know" :silly:
This is their current motto...and they are not realizing that we ARE gonna know. Who are they doing these single re-issues for? The GP? I don't think so. If they wanna do something for the fans, at least do it RIGHT.

Only thing that disappointed me at the final CD release is the lack of bass in the final product of Peter Rauhofer 

Someone did a remaster of the tracks and I thought the final product had that bass

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW