Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 4/21/2023 at 8:13 AM, MPowered said:

I think they still wouldn't have included the 7" mixes. I also think they were just kind of testing the waters with those in terms of reception. I think the singles were more well-received and also brought in more money.

Finally Enough Love covered only very few singles from the 80s. Most of the edits came from You Can Dance. Holiday has an alternate/new edit. Knowing her team though, they will add that shit to the Holiday single (if it isn't merged with Lucky Star) instead of the original mix. 

Wait, what? The 7" version of Holiday on Finally Enough Love isn't the original 7" edit?

4 hours ago, clkelley39 said:

Wait, what? The 7" version of Holiday on Finally Enough Love isn't the original 7" edit?

32 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

It's the same but it fades out later. It's a longer version of the 7'' edit. 

If it’s longer than the original, and we are not talking about one or two seconds but actually ten seconds, then it isn’t "the same".

It probably didn’t exist before they created it for this unnecessary and shitty compilation.

11 hours ago, MPowered said:

If it’s longer than the original, and we are not talking about one or two seconds but actually ten seconds, then it isn’t "the same".

It probably didn’t exist before they created it for this unnecessary and shitty compilation.

Not necessarily. It could be the original edit but not the final version with an early fade available on the original 7''. I've seen this in other "compilations" (and I talking about minutes, not seconds ). They simply take the tape with the original edit, but not the final master/version used for the 7'' or 12''.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

So shitty and unnecessary that it sold very well 😂

41 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

So shitty and unnecessary that it sold very well 😂

I’m pretty sure it didn’t sell nearly as much as her other releases.

It’s shitty and unnecessary because it pretty much led to her team leaving out the mixes from this compilation on several single re-issues. In the streaming age, compilations have become obsolete.

The song selection is extremely questionable too at times with glaring omissions and additions that were more than pointless. It’s not an accurate reflection of her 50 #1s.

The packaging: Absolutely tragic.

American Life EP is a bit of a chore to sit through aint it. Appreciate the Missy remix doing something different but it’s such a hodge podge. Suppose you can’t polish a turd. It really is a difficult single isn’t it. The rap it too iconic and I love the message and lyrics but it’s still such a tuneless dirge of a song. The GP really weren’t wrong on this one. The moment I heard Die Another Day on the radio I knew this was going to be a divisive direction she was about to go down. Die Another Day - American Life - Hollywood is her most challenging singles run where melody went to die and will always rank near bottom of her singles catalogue for me personally. 

I often wonder if the lack of sweeter melodies was intentional due to her not feeling life was sweet at that time. 

Nobody Knows Me

Mother & Father

Nothing Fails

Was the singles run that never was. 

4 minutes ago, steady75 said:

American Life EP is a bit of a chore to sit through aint it. Appreciate the Missy remix doing something different but it’s such a hodge podge. Suppose you can’t polish a turd. It really is a difficult single isn’t it. The rap it too iconic and I love the message and lyrics but it’s still such a tuneless dirge of a song. The GP really weren’t wrong on this one. The moment I heard Die Another Day on the radio I knew this was going to be a divisive direction she was about to go down. Die Another Day - American Life - Hollywood is her most challenging singles run where melody went to die and will always rank near bottom of her singles catalogue for me personally. 

I often wonder if the lack of sweeter melodies was intentional due to her not feeling life was sweet at that time. 

Nobody Knows Me

Mother & Father

Nothing Fails

Totally agree … nothing on AL is deemed classic Madonna imo . The only good thing to come from that era was the reinvention tour and the amazing die another day and bedtime story videos … where is the freaking HQ BS RIT video ????? 🥹

7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Nobody Knows Me

Mother & Father

Nothing Fails

Nobody Knows as the first single was going to be a DISASTER. 

5 minutes ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

I'm getting fuzzy dreams of the AL era and all the division amongst fans. Seems like the good ol' days. ❤️

I'm glad she's reminding people of the American Life album for the tour, I hope she'll do at least the title track in the show.

She already did it on the last tour. If any song deserves to be performed it’s Hollywood as she’s never done that song on tour. And it’s included on Celebration.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW