Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I'd die if she does the Thin White Duck mix of Hollywood on this tour.

She would too though, everytime she performed it during the AL promo tour, she fuck it up and each time she said she had difficulties remembering the lyrics.

How could she do it on tour? It’s a dub.

”Hollywood (WOOD!)” over and over?

7 hours ago, steady75 said:

There’s a touch of the feel of some of the stuff Britney was doing around that time about Nobody Knows Me too. It has a bit of a 90’s Jackson feel. 
It would have needed a single remix with the chorus pushed forward. 

I think you have been listening to a different album for 20 years. 😅

Nobody Knows Me, in my opinion, has only ever sounded good in its tour renditions. The song itself is too shallow and absolutely not radio-friendly. On the album, it actually ranks somewhere close to the bottom for me.

The moments where AL truly shines is on the ballad(ish) songs. Intervention, for example, is one of her most underrated songs ever. I see casual fans or newbies from time to time commenting on how much they loved that song when listening to the album for the first time.

American Life was the perfect blend of acoustic/folk songs and electronica. It’s like a finalized project out of the experiments from "Music".

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

Nobody Knows Me, in my opinion, has only ever sounded good in its tour renditions. The song itself is too shallow and absolutely not radio-friendly. On the album, it actually ranks somewhere close to the bottom for me.

The moments where AL truly shines is on the ballad(ish) songs. Intervention, for example, is one of her most underrated songs ever. I see casual fans or newbies from time to time commenting on how much they loved that song when listening to the album for the first time.

American Life was the perfect blend of acoustic/folk songs and electronica. It’s like a finalized project out of the experiments from "Music".

Agree with you about NKM and Intervention

5 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Thank you. Also American Life, the single, was not the disaster people think in here 😂

It was a top 5 in most markets. The idea of Nobody Knows Me as the first single is so ridiculous. It’s  the least radio friendly song on the album. 

5 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Talora release like 10 versions of each album. Same for Lana and other bitches.

FEL had what, 4 variants boxset included? 

I have double of all of these:

Limited Boxset

Clear Vinyl

Red Vinyl

Standard Vinyl

1 CD

2CD

I might have others, but I know I was extremely poor when that stuff was released 😂

9 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I have double of all of these:

Limited Boxset

Clear Vinyl

Red Vinyl

Standard Vinyl

1 CD

2CD

I might have others, but I know I was extremely poor when that stuff was released 😂

I was talking about vinyl variants! Yes I have the same editions (not the clear but the silver) and the single cd and 3 cd versions but the reality is that is also sold because it was a good idea collections all those remixes. It stayed on the charts for more than usual first week. 

1 minute ago, cosmic_system said:

I was talking about vinyl variants! Yes I have the same editions (not the clear but the silver) and the single cd and 3 cd versions but the reality is that is also sold because it was a good idea collections all those remixes. It stayed on the charts for more than usual first week. 

But several mixes were “fanmade” by people other than the remixers, so I wasn’t thrilled with it and the awful cover art, but as a collector, I had to have them!

Forgot the silver! Absurd amount of variants, but I guess that’s standard now?

30 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

How could she do it on tour? It’s a dub.

”Hollywood (WOOD!)” over and over?

The MTV awards version is full vocals (and we have a member here who did a full vocal version of it. It sounds so good) and that would be a way to aknowledge that perf ^^  

25 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Talora release like 10 versions of each album. Same for Lana and other bitches.

FEL had what, 4 variants boxset included? 

Actually “She who shall not be named” did even more than that:

She released all songs from the album as “instrumental singles” as well as several other physical items such as 12 versions of her album that together make a clock. That resulted in every song from the album charting consequently on the BB Hot 100 from #1 down to 12 or something. 😵💫😵💫

Then, when it was time to block (mostly black artists) from #1 she amped up her desperate tricks and released even more exclusive items and bundles, as well as discounts. I think, in the end there were about 30 different versions of her album alone.

That woman is a whole nother level of insane.

With all the articles like rolling stone and billboard, about the video specifically, I'm glad the rollout seems to finally coordinated. Hopefully the directors cut of the video is coming too. Kinda feels like a relaunch. Or generate buzz for a new single? This deal is so hard to figure out how which direction it's going in. 
Obviously, straight up deluxe reissues are coming, but it's like it's all gonna drop at the tour's kickoff. It's just seems less random with American Life this time. 

59 minutes ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

With all the articles like rolling stone and billboard, about the video specifically, I'm glad the rollout seems to finally coordinated. Hopefully the directors cut of the video is coming too. Kinda feels like a relaunch. Or generate buzz for a new single? This deal is so hard to figure out how which direction it's going in. 
Obviously, straight up deluxe reissues are coming, but it's like it's all gonna drop at the tour's kickoff. It's just seems less random with American Life this time. 

Director’s Cut coming this week!!

I’m so lucky that she seems super passionate about my fav albums from her. Erotica, AL, and MX. AL deserves this level of treatment and more! I can’t wait for the Hollywood single to come soon too

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Here's the Vocal Version of Stuart's Thin White Dick Mix by the way. It's pretty rough but it gives you an idea of how great a full vocal version could sound like:

I never understood why this was never made?? It has to exist somewhere right?

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

But several mixes were “fanmade” by people other than the remixers, so I wasn’t thrilled with it and the awful cover art, but as a collector, I had to have them!

Forgot the silver! Absurd amount of variants, but I guess that’s standard now?

Edits are not usually made by the remixers anyway. End in the end this was aimed more to the general public than collectors so very few people cared. 
5 variants are nothing nowadays. Even Kelly Clarkson made more than that for her latest album 😂

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

American Life EP is a bit of a chore to sit through aint it. Appreciate the Missy remix doing something different but it’s such a hodge podge. Suppose you can’t polish a turd. It really is a difficult single isn’t it. The rap it too iconic and I love the message and lyrics but it’s still such a tuneless dirge of a song. The GP really weren’t wrong on this one. The moment I heard Die Another Day on the radio I knew this was going to be a divisive direction she was about to go down. Die Another Day - American Life - Hollywood is her most challenging singles run where melody went to die and will always rank near bottom of her singles catalogue for me personally. 

I often wonder if the lack of sweeter melodies was intentional due to her not feeling life was sweet at that time. 

Nobody Knows Me

Mother & Father

Nothing Fails

Was the singles run that never was. 

couldn't be more wrong.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW