Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

wasnt hollywood a flop too ? it was her first single to miss billboard hot 100 since 1983 - if you are going to compare flop songs and why we shouldnt have longer eps then at least do a proper comparison - also BS song is a masterpiece compared to all songs on AL and post hard candy.... anyway we have all these songs so i dont understand why people still bitch about whats not and what is on streaming...

I don’t like the song Hollywood, either. Only the remixes.

And people bitch because we don’t like taking CD’s and external HD’s with us when we are outside of our car and computer area.

Thats what streaming is for.

20 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

That’s because Bedtime Story wasn’t a hit and let’s face it, it’s just not a good song.

Nobody mentioned the Like a Prayer EP with all the promo only dubs.

Maybe we should delete those and beg that they be removed from streaming?

If they only wanted to release commercially released tracks, I’d understand that, but now they are just putting up one countries version of the EP’s leaving off several key remixes.

Its just a sucky thing to do after the wonderful EP’s we were getting.

The “Like A Prayer” digital single was 10 tracks. “Ray Of Light” was 9.

As I said in my previous post, I’m not saying it’s right, the more the better, of course. I was just trying to understand why the change in the strategy. Or maybe it’s not even a change and we just got lucky with the previous ones and will again with future releases.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

And let's be honest: no one has time for a 15-track remixes release of the same song. It's simply too much. I understand fans wanting to get everything but...

Shorter releases make better results. You only need to check the "Bedtime Story" digital single streams on Spotify: it's not terrible but others released previously and after have better numbers.

Even if you check the "Deeper And Deeper" digital single (12 tracks), compared to others of hers the numbers are lower.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the promo mixes we got with those ones. But I also understand the strategy in trying to keep them shorter, lately.

Like you, I enjoy whatever extra they give, but I know I am not entitled to every freakin mix or edit out there.  At best, I would think what is commercially representable is realistic.  :)

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

And let's be honest: no one has time for a 15-track remixes release of the same song. It's simply too much. I understand fans wanting to get everything but...

Shorter releases make better results. You only need to check the "Bedtime Story" digital single streams on Spotify: it's not terrible but others released previously and after have better numbers.

Even if you check the "Deeper And Deeper" digital single (12 tracks), compared to others of hers the numbers are lower.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the promo mixes we got with those ones. But I also understand the strategy in trying to keep them shorter, lately.

If shorter remixes are better then how come American Life omitted all the edits?

And it’s in their best interest to put up as many as they have. The mixes are done, there’s no extra expense involved. Every stream brings in extra earnings.

They either got lazy or there’s some sort of strategy in leaving out certain mixes 

10 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

I think when they release the Hollywood EP to streaming, they should leave off the Lu Cont mix and I’d like to see what the EP apologists would have to say.

’Oh that wouldn’t make sense as it was the best mix’.

I can see it now. 😂

I think the Oakenfold is the best mix, but the apologists will have some reason to say why the Lu Cont mix was left off and that we ‘already have it at home on our cds to listen to’. lol

We all want the same things. We all wants all remixes available. "Apologists" are just trying not to throw a tantrum.

You said we weren't getting them for "no obvious reason", I pointed out what the obvious reason was. We might not like it but it's just how it is. It's Madonna and Warner and money comes before everything 

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

If shorter remixes are better then how come American Life omitted all the edits?

And it’s in their best interest to put up as many as they have. The mixes are done, there’s no extra expense involved. Every stream brings in extra earnings.

They either got lazy or there’s some sort of strategy in leaving out certain mixes 

I said shorter packages, not shorter remixes.

Anyway, I was just trying to understand the change in the strategy lately, but maybe we're lucky and we're back to the +10-track singles soon.

1 hour ago, MadonnaDave said:

The EPs are often clones of the US maxi singles because they can price up an iTunes download. I think the streaming singles would be more flexible if they aren’t tied to trying to sell downloads.

I prefer edits to very long mixes unless they are of standout quality. 

The releases sent to iTunes/download stores and the ones on streaming are usually the same, for her and every other artist. :cute: iTunes and Apple Music share the same files sent from the label, it's just a different way (buying and downloading versus streaming).

I mean they could separate and do, let's say, 6-7-8 track singles for iTunes and full 15-16-whatever tracks packages for streaming platforms like Spotify and Apple Music, but no one else does that except for rare rare occasions when the label wants certain releases to be purchasing or streaming only. Usually it's the same release for every platform.

Here’s a groundbreaking idea. Charge a nominal amount for the EP on iTunes and put ALL the mixes on. It doesn’t have to be 99p per track. The immaculate collection has 17 of  her biggest hits and regularly is available to download for £4.99

There’s no reason these dead old mixes can’t be available for £10 for the lot. They’re just sitting on shelves gathering dust when fans want them.

Second to this all songs uploaded to streaming generate revenue and raise her profile. It cost the same amount to upload a 20 track EP as it does a 10 track. 
So the arguments don’t work for me personally. It’s purposely miserly and a bit half arsed. There’s a 16 track Give It 2 Me EP already up there. Just do it Emily even if it’s in two parts.  

16 minutes ago, Harry X said:

They can/could split the tracks on volumes like "Remixes Pt.1, 2", and choose the alternate art as well for the second EP but of course they can't hire someone to remake and digitize the covers in the first place. XD

They've done that for a few releases. Crave, Medellín and others,  but I don't think there was any alternate art, just a lazy remixes 1 & 2.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

It seems the CD single got released later hope this single gets released soon

Hollywood was released on the following dates in different countries and formats

United States May 27, 2003

Contemporary hit radio, rhythmic contemporary radio, hot AC radio

United Kingdom July 7, 2003

CD single, cassette single

Australia July 14, 2003

CD single

United States July 15, 2003

12-inch single

Germany July 28, 2003

CD single

Germany August 4, 2003

12-inch single

5 hours ago, jemboy1973 said:

I discovered one of my favorite Gloria Estefan songs (Don't Let This Moment End)  is on streaming and that single has 21 remixes and 2 mega mixes. I know it's a different music company but still, 23 tracks is huge. 

Fun fact: The Sharp Boys instrumental on that release was copied off their DAT here in my studio :)

Not charting on a pay for play chart does not make any song a "flop"; Not for Madonna or any other artist, especially ten, twenty, thirty or forty years into their career.  I cannot believe some people's reliance on the Billboard chart to determine what constitutes a great song or high art.  Madonna has sustained the quality of her work for four decades.  I certainly cannot describe any of her efforts as subpar.  Look at efforts by her contemporaries.  Many of them peaked creatively and then put out complete, uninvested garbage.  Madonna is definitely in a different universe altogether and I am grateful for it.  

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

Here’s a groundbreaking idea. Charge a nominal amount for the EP on iTunes and put ALL the mixes on. It doesn’t have to be 99p per track. The immaculate collection has 17 of  her biggest hits and regularly is available to download for £4.99

There’s no reason these dead old mixes can’t be available for £10 for the lot. They’re just sitting on shelves gathering dust when fans want them.

Second to this all songs uploaded to streaming generate revenue and raise her profile. It cost the same amount to upload a 20 track EP as it does a 10 track. 
So the arguments don’t work for me personally. It’s purposely miserly and a bit half arsed. There’s a 16 track Give It 2 Me EP already up there. Just do it Emily even if it’s in two parts.  

There are laws in place to prevent record labels from underpricing their albums. I could be wrong but I don't think your idea is legal. 

This is a bit random but I'm looking for the original single links that were uploaded to Spotify.

The ones for Living For Love & Ghostown.

I know these were released as standalone singles before the remix packages but they seem to have disappeared or fold into the album versions which I find really annoying. I like to have my singles playlists with the single artworks not the album artworks. This is why I want at least the album version and single edit in any digital EP's. 

I have the Medellin, Crave and Future single artworks in my 05-19 playlist but when I post it here is comes up with the album artwork. Do these live somewhere  in the platform like the original album versions of The debut, Like A Virgin and True Blue?

I'll post a screenshot to make sense.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 16.08.28.png

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW