Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This is a bit random but I'm looking for the original single links that were uploaded to Spotify.

The ones for Living For Love & Ghostown.

I know these were released as standalone singles before the remix packages but they seem to have disappeared or fold into the album versions which I find really annoying. I like to have my singles playlists with the single artworks not the album artworks. This is why I want at least the album version and single edit in any digital EP's. 

I have the Medellin, Crave and Future single artworks in my 05-19 playlist but when I post it here is comes up with the album artwork. Do these live somewhere  in the platform like the original album versions of The debut, Like A Virgin and True Blue?

I'll post a screenshot to make sense.

Screenshot 2023-05-11 at 16.08.28.png

Here they are:

They're playable cause they match the album versions. Keep in mind those two were never released on Spotify with their single artwork, just the "Rebel Heart" cover. The single artwork only came with the remixes packages.

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

As I feared. The link will only take me direct to album version. Seems if you don't lock the single released version into a playlist before its folded back into album versions the artworks are gone forever which is a shame.

The original artwork is kept outside, like the "Medellín" or "Crave" singles you already have:

But when you play them, since they're not available anymore on that original release, but the album, they'll play the file from the album, with the album artwork.

As for the 6 "Rebel Heart" pre-order singles, it was 2015 so everything was rushed. Streaming was becoming the big thing back then but it wasn't there yet. On December 20th 2014 they released the 6 tracks on iTunes and also all 6 of them as standalone singles on Spotify. But all 6 had the "Rebel Heart" album cover, since day 1.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

This is a bit random but I'm looking for the original single links that were uploaded to Spotify.

I know these were released as standalone singles before the remix packages but they seem to have disappeared or fold into the album versions which I find really annoying. I like to have my singles playlists with the single artworks not the album artworks. This is why I want at least the album version and single edit in any digital EP's. 

I have the Medellin, Crave and Future single artworks in my 05-19 playlist but when I post it here is comes up with the album artwork. Do these live somewhere  in the platform like the original album versions of The debut, Like A Virgin and True Blue?

Please share playlist if you can i want to try it on phone

On 5/10/2023 at 6:55 PM, Fabiolous said:

The reason is that if these EPs have too many songs on them, they will be too expensive for people to buy and they won't make money

On 5/10/2023 at 7:02 PM, Prayer said:

And let's be honest: no one has time for a 15-track remixes release of the same song. It's simply too much. I understand fans wanting to get everything but...

Shorter releases make better results. You only need to check the "Bedtime Story" digital single streams on Spotify: it's not terrible but others released previously and after have better numbers.

Even if you check the "Deeper And Deeper" digital single (12 tracks), compared to others of hers the numbers are lower.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the promo mixes we got with those ones. But I also understand the strategy in trying to keep them shorter, lately.

It's possible to release them into two parts.

17 hours ago, steady75 said:

Yeah. Posting the "album" URLs (instead of the "track" ones) display the original single covers:

On 5/10/2023 at 7:02 PM, Prayer said:

And let's be honest: no one has time for a 15-track remixes release of the same song. It's simply too much. I understand fans wanting to get everything but...

Shorter releases make better results. You only need to check the "Bedtime Story" digital single streams on Spotify: it's not terrible but others released previously and after have better numbers.

Even if you check the "Deeper And Deeper" digital single (12 tracks), compared to others of hers the numbers are lower.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE all the promo mixes we got with those ones. But I also understand the strategy in trying to keep them shorter, lately.

YES we need 15 ,20 remixes.  I got money I got plenty.  
Because we need to stop this pirates making money from  “ only promo vinyl copy”. If you can’t afford it ? just buy half it then buy the rest later when you get money.     Yes I’m ENTITLED MY OPINION LIKE ANYONE ELSE HERE. SO THERE.  

Edited by VictoriaL7 (see edit history)

1 hour ago, VictoriaL7 said:

Because we need to stop this pirates making money from  “ only promo vinyl copy”. If you can’t afford it ? just buy half it then buy the rest later when you get money.     Yes I’m ENTITLED MY OPINION LIKE ANYONE ELSE HERE. SO THERE.  

What pirates are making money from this?

1 hour ago, VictoriaL7 said:

You are aware that piracy happens digitally as well and is much easier to do.  I mean; look at the music sections at this forum alone. A lot of what is shared can be considered piracy as well and people aren't paying a dime.  This is one of the reasons why the music industry is not flourishing in sales anymore.  Once a new album is released, it's easily shared and most people aren't paying for it. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW