Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

55 minutes ago, tscott said:

You are aware that piracy happens digitally as well and is much easier to do.  I mean; look at the music sections at this forum alone. A lot of what is shared can be considered piracy as well and people aren't paying a dime.  This is one of the reasons why the music industry is not flourishing in sales anymore.  Once a new album is released, it's easily shared and most people aren't paying for it. 

Totally agree - look at how many unreleased M songs and studio files have leaked on here and M has probably lost thousands because her and her team have no foresight to put this stuff out officially- I mean it’s nearly 2 years since the deal was announced and what unreleased stuff have we got ? Fuck all !!! 🤔😴

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Totally agree - look at how many unreleased M songs and studio files have leaked on here and M has probably lost thousands because her and her team have no foresight to put this stuff out officially- I mean it’s nearly 2 years since the deal was announced and what unreleased stuff have we got ? Fuck all !!! 🤔😴

wtf1987

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

But no one promised "unreleased stuff".  You keep repeating over and over as if this deal has promised "unreleased" material when it hasn't.   Just because those leaked songs are freely out there, doesn't mean she should released them officially. 

1 hour ago, tscott said:

But no one promised "unreleased stuff".  You keep repeating over and over as if this deal has promised "unreleased" material when it hasn't.   Just because those leaked songs are freely out there, doesn't mean she should released them officially. 

Except they did but of course you wouldn’t know cause you have been talking smack ever since this thread was created. 😩

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Except they did but of course you wouldn’t know cause you have been talking smack ever since this thread was created. 😩

What's with you being so agressive?  I'm discussing facts about the deal.  It's a conversation.  If you can't be civil with your comments, just don't bother to comment at all.  Please and thank you.  :)

And no, no one has promised demos or unreleased material under the Warner deal. 

4 hours ago, MPowered said:

While we have been getting unreleased stuff (mostly in the form of remixes, remix edits etc) to be fair, we were never promised unreleased songs specifically:

For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

'Expansive' does not mean previously unreleased however it is likely we will see previously unreleased stuff which is nice.

Fans in this thread and in many forums and on social media have curated their own narrative for what we will be getting however it's important to remember a lot of that is just assumptions and hopes and dreams.

I'm confident a lot is coming and we will all be very happy 

3 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

While we have been getting unreleased stuff (mostly in the form of remixes, remix edits etc) to be fair, we were never promised unreleased songs specifically:

For the first time, Madonna will personally curate expansive deluxe editions for many of her landmark albums, as well as introduce unique releases for special events, and much more.

'Expansive' does not mean previously unreleased however it is likely we will see previously unreleased stuff which is nice.

Fans in this thread and in many forums and on social media have curated their own narrative for what we will be getting however it's important to remember a lot of that is just assumptions and hopes and dreams.

I'm confident a lot is coming and we will all be very happy 

Yeah, I'm hoping we will get some previously unreleased material with the re-issues.  I'm just staying away from assuming that it's actually going to happen.  :)

Worth mentioning that the last digital release, not counting the video remasters and "TIC" Dolby Atmos, was on April 21st ("American Life" remixes). So this week marks a full month of blank space...

They also left some space last year before announcing "Finally Enough Love" and releasing the first song, the "Into The Groove" remix.

Of course these won't mean anything in the end but just in case. :Madonna009:

32 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Worth mentioning that the last digital release, not counting the video remasters and "TIC" Dolby Atmos, was on April 21st ("American Life" remixes). So this week marks a full month of blank space...

They also left some space last year before announcing "Finally Enough Love" and releasing the first song, the "Into The Groove" remix.

Of course these won't mean anything in the end but just in case. :Madonna009:

Especially weird because they had a streak when they uploaded one every single week for a few weeks

On 3/14/2023 at 12:26 AM, MPowered said:

MAY

Ray of Light - May 6, 1998*
Express Yourself - May 9, 1989
Crave - May 10, 2019
Beautiful Stranger - May 19, 1999
I'm Breathless (Album) - May 22, 1990
I Don't Search, I Find - May 22, 2020
* Edit Mixes not included

JUNE

Human Nature - June 6, 1995
Get Together - June 6, 2006
Papa Don't Preach - June 11, 1986* 
Hanky Panky - June 12, 1990
Madame X - June 14, 2019
Bitch I'm Madonna - June 15, 2015
This Used to Be My Playground - June 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - June 23, 1987
Give It 2 Me - June 24, 2008
Turn Up the Radio - June 29, 2012
True Blue (Album) - June 30, 1986
* 7" Edit/Fade not included

JULY

Hollywood - July 7, 2003
Into the Groove - July 15, 1985
Who's That Girl (Album) - July 21, 1987
Madonna (Album) - July 27, 1983
Dress You Up - July 31, 1985 / December 12, 1985
Celebration - July 31, 2009

AUGUST

Cherish - August 1, 1989*
Rain - August 5, 1993
Lucky Star - August 8, 1984*
Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones (Album)  - June 19, 2022
Music - August 21, 2000
Drowned World/Substitute for Love - August 24, 1998
Causing a Commotion - August 25, 1987
*7" Version not available digitally so far

There are no anniversaries left for May, so we could expect the next release to happen in June. 

I think they might be preparing the anniversary edition of MADONNA for July, so we aren’t getting anything until then. That would perfectly link up with the start of the tour in July!

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

A few people have mentioned that we weren’t promised unreleased material which begs the question ? Why bother with this deal then ? If we are getting curated editions then what is the hold up with this stuff if she is just approving the same old stuff we’ve had for decades ? 

Waiting for demos and unreleased material is unrealistic. She is still alive. Many fans only want her "released" material well collected and preserved in deluxe boxes (including for example edits never available on CD, rare promos, even instrumental versions). Maybe a couple of unreleased tracks would be possible in every deluxe album but not full of demos or unreleased material.

29 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

A few people have mentioned that we weren’t promised unreleased material which begs the question ? Why bother with this deal then ? If we are getting curated editions then what is the hold up with this stuff if she is just approving the same old stuff we’ve had for decades ? 

I think some people were just trying to be realistic about it. The fact is: as soon as the artist is involved on the reissues or Deluxe editions of old albums, the chances of unreleased material being included are less and less. If they didn't think it was good enough the first time around probably won't do now either (though it can happen). 

It happened recently with the Spice Girls too (sorry for the example but I think it's valid): they released 25th anniversary editions of her two big albums, "Spice" and "Spiceworld" and they only included ONE unreleased new demo in total. One. They had more but all five had to approve them and some of them didn't feel good about releasing them and you need to respect that. Of course fans were disappointed and "Spice 25" did well in sales but "Spiceworld 25" was a disaster. In the end no one's forcing anyone to buy them. Fans can always "punish" the artist if they don't think it's good enough to buy the reissue, it also happens all the time.

This is not Prince's vault and Madonna is not dead, so Warner can't do as they wish. That said, Madonna is smart and I'm sure she'll give us some goodies and Warner will push for it anyway. Just don't except every single demo and unreleased draft recorded included cause it's not gonna happen, at least while she's still alive.

This is for me the perfect expanded edition: https://www.discogs.com/release/10757975-Liza-Minnelli-Results

It has EVERYTHING from that album: edits, extended versions, remixes, dubs (many of them only available on vinyl). It has even a DVD with the video-clips. This is the kind of expanded album I wait from Madonna/Warner (unrealistic after Erotica when she started to have 20 remixes for every single).

I think we should expect Hollywood soon the copyright system is starting to detect it.Either her team is finally getting her files detected or they are crazy 

Die another day does NOT have any copyrighted full remix until now i think,no detection of one apart of the ones in American life and finally enough love etc

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is for me the perfect expanded edition: https://www.discogs.com/release/10757975-Liza-Minnelli-Results

It has EVERYTHING from that album: edits, extended versions, remixes, dubs (many of them only available on vinyl). It has even a DVD with the video-clips. This is the kind of expanded album I wait from Madonna/Warner (unrealistic after Erotica when she started to have 20 remixes for every single).

Ultimix?

I hope they release those

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW