Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

12 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I think we should expect Hollywood soon the copyright system is starting to detect it.Either her team is finally getting her files detected or they are crazy 

Die another day does NOT have any copyrighted full remix until now i think,no detection of one apart of the ones in American life and finally enough love etc

I don't trust in the copyright system. I had in youtube the US EY 7'' promo and when it was released on streaming, youtube deleted the 7'' remix but not the remix/edit available twice on streaming (on the single EP and on FEL). Why? I don't know.

Sometimes youtube delete the videos randomly after years being there (without any new release in streaming or in physical format).

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

I think some people were just trying to be realistic about it. The fact is: as soon as the artist is involved on the reissues or Deluxe editions of old albums, the chances of unreleased material being included are less and less. If they didn't think it was good enough the first time around probably won't do now either (though it can happen). 

It happened recently with the Spice Girls too (sorry for the example but I think it's valid): they released 25th anniversary editions of her two big albums, "Spice" and "Spiceworld" and they only included ONE unreleased new demo in total. One. They had more but all five had to approve them and some of them didn't feel good about releasing them and you need to respect that. Of course fans were disappointed and "Spice 25" did well in sales but "Spiceworld 25" was a disaster. In the end no one's forcing anyone to buy them. Fans can always "punish" the artist if they don't think it's good enough to buy the reissue, it also happens all the time.

This is not Prince's vault and Madonna is not dead, so Warner can't do as they wish. That said, Madonna is smart and I'm sure she'll give us some goodies and Warner will push for it anyway. Just don't except every single demo and unreleased draft recorded included cause it's not gonna happen, at least while she's still alive.

Thanks for posting this and clarifying.  I don't believe anyone is saying there absolutely won't be any unreleased and/or demos.  Just some of us are clarifying nothing of such has been promised with the deal.  Personally, I agree that she should re-issue these expanded sets with something more than the original track listing. The problem I see is, so much of her demos/unreleased material are out there already, I can see meltdowns still happening because there might not be much more to put on these expanded sets that isn't already out there.  And like you pointed out, some of the unreleased songs that we know exist, she may not want to release them.  At the end of the day, we should respect the artist's decision. 

20 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I wish they would fix the release year of all the Singles they released. It's been more than 6 months since the last time they did that. They used to be good at doing it regularly but the Erotica singles that came out in October still say 2022.

It can be simply laziness or Warner getting greedy when "Back That Up To The Beat" was released through Interscope and wanting their releases to appear always as latest...

Or a bit or both :Madonna009:

They need to fix it, though. It makes no sense after the first week.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It can be simply laziness or Warner getting greedy when "Back That Up To The Beat" was released through Interscope and wanting their releases to appear always as latest...

There is so much work that needs to be done on her Spotify page. I can't imagine it takes THAT much work

36 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I do get why they want to feature the digital releases (older mixes) as recent.  I don't think of it as "laziness", but more of a strategy to give the latest digital release some exposure being at the top of the releases.  What I wish they would do is not put the mixes with the albums though.  They should be part of the singles and EPS. 

The first Prince reissue was Purple Rain and the man himself oversaw the whole project..the only one before he left us for the purple sky.

That's album was remastered and had 26 bonus tracks 14 of which were not on the original album. Madonna is in no way as prolific as Prince. Im beginning to think the only person who ever recorded more tracks per album was Kylie after this week. If Madonna doesn't go down the unreleased tracks route I genuinely think the re-release project is pretty useless. All of her albums are widely available on vinyl and CD and all the mixes of singles and unreleased mixes have slowly been released to streaming to get her numbers up. Much of her material is perfect in terms of mastering and doesn't need updating Like A Prayer aside. Unreleased stuff is the only buy in for a vast majority of fans. Fan purchases for new barcode or Warner logo to add to completist collections will not pay mothers mortgage.

Make it count M. 

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Just a little annotation about the "Purple Rain" reissue!

Prince oversaw the "Purple Rain" reissue while he was still alive BUT he only delivered to Warner and wanted to be released the remastered original 9-track album, in 2015. No bonus tracks. No unreleased songs.

Warner waited to release it to try to convince him to put more stuff there (who wanted just the remastered album, anyway). As soon as Prince died, they started working on the Deluxe edition and used all the unreleased material they could, but Prince just approved the original remastered album, not the rest. The Deluxe was released in 2017.

Who knows what M will do, though. Let's keep the faith.

The market changed a lot since then though. Artists now feel a real pressure to make these editions as expanded as possible.

but as you said, who knows with her? She’s been known to be stubborn and ignore market trends 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

Just a little annotation about the "Purple Rain" reissue!

Prince oversaw the "Purple Rain" reissue while he was still alive BUT he only delivered to Warner and wanted to be released the remastered original 9-track album, in 2015. No bonus tracks. No unreleased songs.

Warner waited to release it to try to convince him to put more stuff there (who wanted just the remastered album, anyway). As soon as Prince died, they started working on the Deluxe edition and used all the unreleased material they could, but Prince just approved the original remastered album, not the rest. The Deluxe was released in 2017.

Who knows what M will do, though. Let's keep the faith.

furry muff

1 hour ago, BuggedOut said:

The Hollywood video is awful except for the shots of her with the platinum blonde hair.

She looks terrible with the black and rust color hair. Very harsh along with the makeup.

I wish she had shot the entire video with that platinum blonde hair. She looked stunning in those scenes.

I don’t think the point was to look stunning. It was more about creating a certain aesthetic and also be a bit messy

3 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I don’t think the point was to look stunning. It was more about creating a certain aesthetic and also be a bit messy

You're right.  She was mocking the whole process of maintaining and trying to stay beautiful.  I personally thought she looked really incredible in this video.  Loved all the different looks she took on. :)

57 minutes ago, tscott said:

You're right.  She was mocking the whole process of maintaining and trying to stay beautiful.  I personally thought she looked really incredible in this video.  Loved all the different looks she took on. :)

I love her wig i wanna catch it when it gets blowed by the wind

47 minutes ago, BuggedOut said:

I get that, but she was also trying to be glamorous throughout.

The only look I personally loved was the blonde glamor look :party:

I don’t think being glamorous and being beautiful necessarily go hand in hand. 
Gloria Swanson was very glamorous in Sunset Boulevard but there was also a sense of decay and odd appearance. 
And I’m sure that movie served as inspiration since many of her more cinematic videos are based on classic movies to a certain extent. 

I think the "Hollywood" video was meant to make you feel a little bit weird watching it - just like the original pictures they copied were inspired by! That "what?" feeling.

madonna.jpg

bourdin6.jpg?w=840

I LOVE the video but still wonder what they were thinking or Mondino was thinking with all that.

@Would You Like To TryThe video it's on Apple Music in some countries...

https://music.apple.com/us/music-video/hollywood/1495912241

5 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think the "Hollywood" video was meant to make you feel a little bit weird watching it - just like the original pictures they copied were inspired by! That "what?" feeling.

madonna.jpg

bourdin6.jpg?w=840

I LOVE the video but still wonder what they were thinking or Mondino was thinking with all that.

Same! 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW