Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

In the VH1 special Madonna Speaks, Madonna clarified that the theme behind "Hollywood", as well as "American Life" And "I'm So Stupid" from the album, was about her "wanting to shout from the rooftops that we have all been living in a dream. I have been living in a dream — and you're all living in a dream and we have to wake up to reality.

I've always thought Hollywood is a tounge in cheek reference to a place of pop stars and illusory dreams. 

10 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

''Hollywood is like a metaphor for me. It's the city of dreams and superficiality. It's the place where you forget about the really interesting things in life. In Hollywood you can lose your memory and your vision of the future. You can lose everything because you can lose yourself."

—Madonna speaking to Spanish radio station Los 40 Principales about the song

Thanks!

I mean... You don't need a degree to understand the meaning of that song, for me it was always pretty clear.

I hope that one day she will explain the meaning of Autotune Baby aswell. 

On 5/17/2023 at 9:40 AM, Prayer said:

I think the "Hollywood" video was meant to make you feel a little bit weird watching it - just like the original pictures they copied were inspired by! That "what?" feeling.

madonna.jpg

bourdin6.jpg?w=840

I LOVE the video but still wonder what they were thinking or Mondino was thinking with all that.

@Would You Like To TryThe video it's on Apple Music in some countries...

https://music.apple.com/us/music-video/hollywood/1495912241

Hommage to the old Hollywood and satire of the quest for eternal beauty, with an ironic glamourous Guy Bourdin style.

Hopefully we get the rest of singles and videos from Ray of Light and American Life soon. They simple change their plans all the time. Or they just have not any plan at all other than  just having a goal to release/upgrade them. But I have a feeling that they're back with each single anniversary instead of what they did with Erotica and that pause everytime they have something new to release.

Edit: Well, it's just a straight thinking. 

26 minutes ago, Harry X said:

Hopefully we get the rest of singles and videos from Ray of Light and American Life soon. They simple change their plans all the time. Or they just have not any plan at all other than  just having a goal to release/upgrade them. But I have a feeling that they're back with each single anniversary instead of what they did with Erotica and that pause everytime they have something new to release.

Edit: Well, it's just a straight thinking. 

They never said they were going to release all the singles from Ray of light and American life. They announced they were gonna do it for Erotica and they did, but no announcement like that was made for the other two albums. I guess the remaining singles will come out when their anniversary is due

Sorry to be that person again but there's not much to talk about since there's nothing new. :Madonna009:

"Madonna"'s 40th anniversary is July 27 2023. That one is a Thursday, so an anniversary release would be July 28, Friday.

That leaves two months from next week to have a healthy standard time for pre-orders, pre-album released tracks and all the usual stuff.

I think this space since the last digital release (a month ago this week) may not be random and maybe we're close to the first reissue.

Here we go again, I know, but...

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Sorry to be that person again but there's not much to talk about since there's nothing new. :Madonna009:

"Madonna"'s 40th anniversary is July 27 2023. That one is a Thursday, so an anniversary release would be July 28, Friday.

That leaves two months from next week to have a healthy standard time for pre-orders, pre-album released tracks and all the usual stuff.

I think this space since the last digital release (a month ago this week) may not be random and maybe we're close to the first reissue.

Yesss! The HOLOOOO sleeve is coming… ☺️

6 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Didn't this happen with FEL?

There was a big gap between the digital maxi releases and FEL?

9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Didn't this happen with FEL?

There was a big gap between the digital maxi releases and FEL?

Yes. They left some space between the last digital maxi and "FEL"'s announcement.

I think we got "American Pie" on March 22 2022 and then "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" on April 3 2022. Then nothing until "FEL" announcement, pre-orders and the first pre-release track, "Into The Groove (You Can Dance Remix Edit)", on May 4 2022. A month exactly.

Of course this doesn't mean it's gonna happen again but hey...

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

It’s too late. Just this week there’s been big announcements for a few artists for their September releases. At this stage I don’t think we’re gonna get anything 

It's not too late. Not everything needs to be released the same week of the anniversary. And if something is coming in the fall, it's not like pre-orders need to happen at this moment right away. We haven't even hit summer yet.

Plus, there's other catalog anniversary releases from WMG that still haven't been announced yet.

It's coming, just wait!

21 minutes ago, luluthecat said:

It’s too late. Just this week there’s been big announcements for a few artists for their September releases. At this stage I don’t think we’re gonna get anything 

Not necessary. Kylie has announced and release pre-orders today for September but that's a long gap anyway, it's not the usual thing. A 2-3 months in advance announcement is quite standard.

Janet Jackson has announced today the 30th anniversary edition of "janet." for July 7, for example.

So let's see.

@Prayer, I agree with you.  I feel we are now leading up to the first expanded landmark album re-issue (as you dub as "Madonna 40").   My hope is the pre-orders are about to be announced in the next few weeks, rather wait until the actual anniversary date as Janet did with her "Janet" album today. May 18th is the 30th Anniversary of "Janet", but unfortunately fans have to wait until July 7th to receive a physical copy of the newly deluxe versions of that album.  I fear as time goes on, that this could be the case with Madonna.  We can't really dismiss this from happening because there is no obligation to actually have the new expanded re-issues announced for pre-sale prior to the actual anniversary date.  I will admit it will be disappointing if they just announce the pre-orders in July for Madonna and we still have to wait until September to get the expanded set. :broken:

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

@Prayer, I agree with you.  I feel we are now leading up to the first expanded landmark album re-issue (as you dub as "Madonna 40").   My hope is the pre-orders are about to be announced in the next few weeks, rather wait until the actual anniversary date as Janet did with her "Janet" album today. May 18th is the 30th Anniversary of "Janet", but unfortunately fans have to wait until July 7th to receive a physical copy of the newly deluxe versions of that album.  I fear as time goes on, that this could be the case with Madonna.  We can't really dismiss this from happening because there is no obligation to actually have the new expanded re-issues announced for pre-sale prior to the actual anniversary date.  I will admit it will be disappointing if they just announce the pre-orders in July for Madonna and we still have to wait until September to get the expanded set. :broken:

We know she loves to celebrate her birthday, so it could also be coming on Friday August 18, her birthday's week. That's what she did last year with "FEL".

Anyway. Fingers crossed.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW