Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I don’t get why she’s redoing frozen with swae if it’s literally just been done with Sidekik 

it’s so two thousand and late of her. 

like… you have a massive catalogue love. Do something else 

A trap Rescue Me would work as a duet with swae. Or Justify My Love

Just now, steady75 said:

I don’t get why she’s redoing frozen with swae if it’s literally just been done with Sidekik 

A trap Rescue Me would work as a duet with swae. 

Well it's literally the first time in years that there has been organic, viral interest in one of her songs, even if it's one originally from 1998.

I'm here for "Frozen 2022" with Swae Lee, honestly, as long as it's good. "New" Madonna is always good.

38 minutes ago, New_Boy said:

This week was unceremoniously skipped. 

M's team posted on her Facebook they'd wrapped up 2021 with the Express Yourself/Deeper & Deeper thing last week when they did their look back at the year.

They did promise the Take A Bow HD video next month though, so that's probably going to be next.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

A trap Rescue Me would work as a duet with swae. Or Justify My Love

Unless part of the Warner re-release strategy is a disc of re-workings ala Michael Jackson Thriller 25th Anniversary….. ?

41 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Unless part of the Warner re-release strategy is a disc of re-workings ala Michael Jackson Thriller 25th Anniversary….. ?

excited and terrified at the same time. Would like to see Cardi B on a track with M. Britney also hinted at a new song on her insta. Wonder if that's something incoming with M too as Brit has been mentioning M a lot recently. Maybe Dua would return the favour. Lil Was X is a shoe in no doubt. Megan too though I just hope whatever they do I hope they're creative and interesting with it. 8 bar raps plonked in the middle is a lazy fix. Some of the people she's performed with in recent years could re emerge. Miley / Taylor / Ariana / Kanye. But I'd also live to see some older established artists pop ip. Maybe, Sting or Alicia or Maxwell or Gwen. 

Lots of options but It has to be good. Those Will.i.am Thriller mixes were a choice. Let's avoid that. Ultimately though they're forgotten in the long run and people just rediscover the albums through the new mixes.

14 hours ago, Prayer said:

Merry Xmas!

The "Frozen" remix is currently the 2nd most played Madonna song on Spotify, with more than 4 million streams. :cute:

Wait, if you phrase it like this it sounds like it's the most streamed Madonna song of all time. 

It's the second most popular song right now. Other songs obviously have more streaming numbers total. (I wanted to explain this for the people who don't know Spotify). 

Screenshot_20211226_095612_com.spotify.music.jpg

18 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Wait, if you phrase it like this it sounds like it's the most streamed Madonna song of all time. 

It's the second most popular song right now. Other songs obviously have more streaming numbers total. (I wanted to explain this for the people who don't know Spotify). 

Ackshully....

@Prayermentioned how it was #2 with 4 million streams...did people REALLY think its the "most streamed Madonna song of all time" with that number (Despite them saying number 2 and that number being very low for all time)?  You don't need to mansplain spotify or how it works especially when the user gave us streaming numbers. 

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Ackshully....

@Prayermentioned how it was #2 with 4 million streams...did people REALLY think its the "most streamed Madonna song of all time" with that number (Despite them saying number 2 and that number being very low for all time)?  You don't need to mansplain spotify or how it works especially when the user gave us streaming numbers. 

I wasn't explaining it to you, I wanted to clarify because there are a lot of people who don't use Spotify or understand how it works and I could already see all the comments going "SHE'S OVER. THIS SHITTY REMIX IS #2 OMG NO ONE LISTENS TO MADONNA ANYMORE!! 1!!"

37 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

I wasn't explaining it to you, I wanted to clarify because there are a lot of people who don't use Spotify or understand how it works and I could already see all the comments going "SHE'S OVER. THIS SHITTY REMIX IS #2 OMG NO ONE LISTENS TO MADONNA ANYMORE!! 1!!"

Riiiight. Totally believe that. Lol

8 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

But I wrote currently...:tongue:

I still can't believe "Take A Bow" didn't get any dance remixes at the time. I know its not the easiest vocal to transform into a dance track but that hasn't stopped producers with other slow M tracks over the years. I could see Love 2 Infinity, Frankie Knuckles (shocked he was never asked to remix her), David Morales, Brothers in Rhythm, and Junior making some light classic house version at the time. The Thunderpuss version is just OK for me.

The same with Power Of Goodbye. A classic trance mix might have even eclipsed the original at the time.

Her remix catalog has always fascinated me.

6 minutes ago, Shoful said:

I’m predicting next release will be Like A Prayer (Reissue) featuring Angels With Dirty Faces, 10 demos from the original sessions, 3 outtakes, limited edition packaging

Yeah I was thinking either LAP or Erotica for the first one. But I've noticed the 2019 Confessions vinyl reissue is now very hard to get hold of, unlike the other reissues. Makes me wonder if they're holding it back for a reason. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW