Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

44 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

No, please, no... No... Two tracks available for the first time from a digital transfer, destroyed with the new "remaster" again, no. This is a nightmare.

Ahh, waiting for the QOBUZ files to know the real quality. 

someone should comapre with the version on " la isla..." supermix cd, since the VQ cd version is very low in volume... 

6 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

someone should comapre with the version on " la isla..." supermix cd, since the VQ cd version is very low in volume... 

I don't have the VQ version, I only have the japanese version (Supermix CD, and 3''-CD Single). And in the previews it sounds too loud. But I'll wait for the Qobuz versions to know the real sound quality.

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I don't have the VQ version, I only have the japanese version (Supermix CD, and 3''-CD Single). And in the previews it sounds too loud. But I'll wait for the Qobuz versions to know the real sound quality.

Very short comparaison between the La Isla CD and the Qobuz file: https://we.tl/t-OY8VVkLoK3

It's indeed much louder, but from what I can tell, it doesn't have the saturation level that 'Everybody' had.

1 hour ago, luckystar908 said:

Very short comparaison between the La Isla CD and the Qobuz file: https://we.tl/t-OY8VVkLoK3

It's indeed much louder, but from what I can tell, it doesn't have the saturation level that 'Everybody' had.

You are right. I've just got the Hi-Res Qobuz version and it's remastered and louder. But It's not distorted like Everybody. It's really enjoyable.

And talking about the speed, the Qobuz version it's 0'8% faster than the japanese 3'' CD-Single. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

It’s forgotten because Madonna ignores its existence. But everyone who was around in the 80’s would know it. It was a hit. And yes I expect Madonna fans to know all of her singles and album tracks at the very least.

I don’t mean to tease you but how do you feel about this re-issue, since you were very vocal about it being a fake announcement? 🎤

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

You are right. I've just got the Hi-Res Qobuz version and it's remastered and louder. But It's not distorted like Everybody. It's really enjoyable.

And talking about the speed, the Qobuz version it's 0'8% faster than the japanese 3'' CD-Single. 

Must say (again) how much I HATE those speed differences between the versions and masters of some of her 80s tracks.

And "Gambler" sound on the Japanese CD Single Collection is :fire: (just like that whole collection, really).

Can't wait to listen to the new release properly at midnight.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Must say (again) how much I HATE those speed differences between the versions and masters of some of her 80s tracks.

And "Gambler" sound on the Japanese CD Single Collection is :fire: (just like that whole collection, really).

Can't wait to listen to the new release properly at midnight.

This time sounds like a new transfer from the original reel. That can explain the big difference in the speed. And the treble sounds really bright. But it's really loud (a little distortion here and there but It's not destroyed like Everybody).

Slightly faster indeed and it fades earlier too.. Maybe to match with the Extended which run faster than the album version. It's a tad bit way too noisy during the ''oh noooooo'' in the ''You can't stop me now"" section, a bit dissapointing cause the sounds is pretty decent throughout... Just my opinion with my old eardrums...

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

This new 7” version also fades out a few seconds earlier than the original version.

So maybe there is a 7” version of the song that’s faster and with an early fade

12 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

This new 7” version also fades out a few seconds earlier than the original version.

So maybe there is a 7” version of the song that’s faster and with an early fade

You must be right. I have a lot of 7'' from different artists with "album versions", but they are really faster with an early fade (a couple of seconds)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW