Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I’m still salty no Erotica deluxe. 
what a swizz. 
A sex repress, all singles released, all videos in HD and no album special edition. 

that’s sad huh? 

Hopefully it’s because they wanted to start the deluxe box set series with her greatest album Ray of Light

14 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Matt is a great asset to the Madonna fan community, always keeping the positive vibes.

He sure is.  And to be clear (not directed at you Blue Jean), but I don't think Matt is running her career in anyway. I was just pointing out; he seems to have some insight in what is happening, and he's been accurate to what he's brought to the forum.  So when he hints at something, I take note of that.  :)

19 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I want a Ray of Light 25 vinyl box set with all the best remixes and b-sides.

I second that.  And what would make this "box set" more perfect is to include some demos from the ROL sessions.  :smile:

17 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

I think it’s safe to say the first album will be the first reissue to tie in with #madonna40 

I want to agree, unless they decide to kick it off with ROL 25.  That's coming up in February, and Frozen will be celebrating its 25th anniversary late this month.  But we've been down this road with Erotica 30.  :)

3 hours ago, tscott said:

I want to agree, unless they decide to kick it off with ROL 25.  That's coming up in February, and Frozen will be celebrating its 25th anniversary late this month.  But we've been down this road with Erotica 30.  :)

I think ROL seems like a logical first choice as it was so huge and regarded as her best work, it should bring in a lot of interest. Then moving onto the First Album. 

5 hours ago, jemboy1973 said:

I think ROL seems like a logical first choice as it was so huge and regarded as her best work, it should bring in a lot of interest. Then moving onto the First Album. 

I think so too. Erotica is kind of a fan favourite era, the GP basically don't know those songs.

Personally, I think they'll announce a few re-issues at the same time to be staggered out over a few months. Possibly in tandem with a big tour announcement. I think it's also possible they'll make it into a bigger campaign than we've discussed so far. With the way they've been holding their cards close to their chests since the 2021 press release, I  get the feeling they've been lining their dominos up in a very neat row awaiting the right moment to kickstart everything.

My bets on the re-releases would be something like this.

2023 - Madonna + Ray of Light + Erotica

2024 - Like A Prayer + Bedtime Stories + Like A Virgin

2025 - True Blue + Music + Confessions

I don't think they're doing more than 1 big release each year, honestly. She's going on tour this year, that's already less money on fans' pockets. If they do more than a big reissue this year, some of them are gonna do bad or not that good as they could.

I think "Madonna 40" is the one. The tour is gonna be a 40 years greatest hits celebration.

"Finally Enough Love" was a good blueprint for what we can expect:

- Big and expensive limited edition box

- Standard Edition

- Deluxe Edition

- Multiple vinyl versions

Maybe for "Ray Of Light 25" we'll get the digital maxis and remastered videos treatment, same as with "Erotica 30", but that doesn't exclude a future proper reissue if they want to.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

I don't think they're doing more than 1 big release each year, honestly. She's going on tour this year, that's already less money on fans' pockets. If they do more than a big reissue this year, some of them are gonna do bad or not that good as they could.

I think "Madonna 40" is the one. The tour is gonna be a 40 years greatest hits celebration.

"Finally Enough Love" was a good blueprint for what we can expect:

- Big and expensive limited edition box

- Standard Edition

- Deluxe Edition

- Multiple vinyl versions

Maybe for "Ray Of Light 25" we'll get the digital maxis and remastered videos treatment, same as with "Erotica 30", but that doesn't exclude a future proper reissue if they want to.

Is it confirmed she’s going on tour? 
Honestly I hope she doesn’t. Her recent live appearances were underwhelming and MXT and RHT were pretty lackluster to me. Also the combo of Jamie King and Kevin Atunes is terrible. 

39 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Is it confirmed she’s going on tour? 
Honestly I hope she doesn’t. Her recent live appearances were underwhelming and MXT and RHT were pretty lackluster to me. Also the combo of Jamie King and Kevin Atunes is terrible. 

She is. It's been announced by The Sun and the Daily Mail in the UK today and, while not official yet of course, the way it's reported is pretty much a confirmation and classic press team hype strategy.

40 minutes ago, MPowered said:

But those two are extremely unreliable sources.

They were twenty years ago. But music teams had been using them for hyping up upcoming tours and releases for years now. They always get the exclusives to create hype and demand. The Sun announced the Spice Girls 2019 tour weeks before the official announcement.

You only need to read the positive tone of the articles to see it comes from an official artist press source. It's almost like a press release.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They were twenty years ago. But music teams had been using them for hyping up upcoming tours and releases for years now. They always get the exclusives to create hype and demand. The Sun announced the Spice Girls 2019 tour weeks before the official announcement.

You only need to read the positive tone of the articles to see it comes from an official artist press source. It's almost like a press release.

The Sun also announced Madonna's "Indian summer" as a new/upcoming single in 2019. They also claimed Madonna shot a video dressed as a "terror bride" for Superstar. They get their info mostly from Madonna forums. They are OFTEN TIMES not reliable.

What exactly is Madonna gonna tour? Her greatest hits? I'm pretty sure if that were the case, she would have actually said something by now.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW