Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

25 minutes ago, Bjonkers said:

So, the 40th anniversary of Burning Up's release is only 5 weeks away (March 9th). Has anyone heard any mumblings about something to tie in with that? A digital EP even? It was the last thing released before the debut album came out. Holiday came later. Emily, you still there hun?

I believe RSD is in April this year and is to be announced in the next week or so. IIRC they're usually announced around the middle of Feburary

7 hours ago, deathproof said:

Is this the original HD version or is upscaled? Haven’t had a chance to properly view it myself so that’s why I’m asking

It’s not upscaled or “remastered” in any way. I’m guessing it’s the original HD version that was sent to tv stations. 

19 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It’s not upscaled or “remastered” in any way. I’m guessing it’s the original HD version that was sent to tv stations. 

Wasn't it already available in 720 HD before this upgrade?  I suspect it was already available in 1080 prior to this upgrade, just not on Youtube. 

9 minutes ago, tscott said:

Wasn't it already available in 720 HD before this upgrade?  I suspect it was already available in 1080 prior to this upgrade, just not on Youtube. 

Yes we have a 720 version of the uncropped 4:3 version with much higher bitrate than YouTube or Tidal. So less compression

3 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yes we have a 720 version of the uncropped 4:3 version with much higher bitrate than YouTube or Tidal. So less compression

Well i saw that it said "remastered" in the video so i don't know if they remastered it with ai or another system since they would say it is not remastered and just a alternate edit,i still don't know

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Well i saw that it said "remastered" in the video so i don't know if they remastered it with ai or another system since they would say it is not remastered and just a alternate edit,i still don't know

They probably call them all remastered just because they’re HD now.

I played both videos side by side and it doesn’t seem like they did anything to it. Which is fine. This is a video shot in HD digital and doesn’t need any extra work

1 hour ago, thegoldencalf said:

They probably call them all remastered just because they’re HD now.

I played both videos side by side and it doesn’t seem like they did anything to it. Which is fine. This is a video shot in HD digital and doesn’t need any extra work

Same goes for GMAYL. They just upgraded the 720p video to 1080p and called it a day.

If that's the case, Hung Up, Jump and Get Together are the only ones remastered by Emily then.

5 hours ago, Roy said:

Same goes for GMAYL. They just upgraded the 720p video to 1080p and called it a day.

If that's the case, Hung Up, Jump and Get Together are the only ones remastered by Emily then.

I don’t think those got any remastering work done either. 
Maybe Hung Up. The colors and contrast are a bit different from the master we have. But it’s a different transfer so it might be because of that 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW