Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

It worries me greatly with the supposed deluxe editions coming soon, that they're failing to source the masters for the original 1984 edits of Borderline and Lucky Star. They are both still vinyl only. All compilations have used Q sound mixes since then. Makes me wonder if they can't locate the original masters. So my question is, will they appear on a Deluxe Edition of Madonna in the future? Didn't someone find the multi tracks for Borderline and Lucky Star discarded in a skip back in the day.

34 minutes ago, wyrweo said:

It worries me greatly with the supposed deluxe editions coming soon, that they're failing to source the masters for the original 1984 edits of Borderline and Lucky Star. They are both still vinyl only. All compilations have used Q sound mixes since then. Makes me wonder if they can't locate the original masters. So my question is, will they appear on a Deluxe Edition of Madonna in the future? Didn't someone find the multi tracks for Borderline and Lucky Star discarded in a skip back in the day.

Yea interesting hey - you'd think they had them - I mean we have the multitracks - so the tapes themselves exist or existed or are now in the hands of collectors lol 

2 hours ago, wyrweo said:

"Lucky Star" (Edit) is the only one from the first album that's vinyl only. "Borderline" (Edit) was used on the japanese CD Single Collection.

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

14 minutes ago, Holger said:

"Lucky Star" (Edit) is the only one from the first album that's vinyl only. "Borderline" (Edit) was used on the japanese CD Single Collection.

https://www.discogs.com/de/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

I think we're also missing the Remix Edit of Borderline from a digital source?

13 minutes ago, tscott said:

Blond Ambition tour audio playlist has been added to her Youtube along with updated FM Broadcast playlists.  The interesting things is what they named the playlist for Blond Ambition audio tracks:

maybe a streaming release of the blonde ambition tour audio. 

18 hours ago, steady75 said:

Boo it was on her debut tour when she basically did all the material she had and then “guitared” it on S&S 24 years later. It’s hardly an ever green song live like the rest of her debut. It’s the BIG single from the debut that’s been showed the least love live,  only really topped by Angel from first two albums huh. 

Yes but your statement was: I don’t think Madonna has much love for it either tbh. It’s been pretty much abandoned since release

I was just presenting facts - it has not been 'abandoned' and if she did not have 'much love' for it, she would not have done a stand alone USA TV performance of it in 2016 etc there's no evidence to support your statement. 

It's more likely that given the vocal key and style it was recorded in, it was considered too difficult or uncomfortable to perform or simply just did not fit in any of the shows - a few songs made returns after decades such as True Blue 

3 hours ago, tscott said:

Blond Ambition tour audio playlist has been added to her Youtube along with updated FM Broadcast playlists.  The interesting things is what they named the playlist for Blond Ambition audio tracks:

This has just been auto-linked to her profile on YouTube - not officially released by M or Rhino / Warner 

I do hope that they are holding back all these single mixes and other things for the deluxe albums. Things like Borderline (Edit) and (Remix Edit) 

We got the True Blue (Remix Edit) so maybe Open Your Heart and La Isla single Mixes will come but on different versions like deluxe albums that may not go straight onto streaming. 

They seem to know which versions we all crave, or are they just to hard to find?  

I think at this point I’m the campaign while she is officially back with Warner, if we’re not getting it on these single releases that we’re never released on a CD format at time of release, we ain’t getting them.

Who is gonna be out there waiting for the Borderline dub on a Madonna special edition? 
Waste of space on the tracklist . If we can’t get unreleased demos and PreMadonna on that one then I’d rather have the alternate producer versions tbh. Reggie vs Jellybean / Bray / Kamins etc. 

I see this for all the releases actually. 
Orbit versions of the Mirwais tracks etc for Music. 

5 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

I think, unlike us,  they just don't care whether a certain word has an echo or not in a different version.

What surprises me is that they haven't used CD's as source material like they do a lot in the industry. Someone send them a japanese box !

What source did they use?

16 hours ago, wyrweo said:

Isn't the original "edit" or "video version" available digitally on the Japan 3" CD from the boxset? I believe it has been available since the mid 1990's!

22 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

What source did they use?

They must be using digitalized files directly from master tapes/master files or something like that. It's true they've never used, at least for Madonna, official released commercial CDs as a source (other companies do that for their artists' old releases, that is true, don't even know if Warner do it as well for other artists).

"The Immaculate Collection" or "Madonna" digital albums issues could have been easily solved using the parent albums CD rips but for some reason Warner never did that. Maybe it's just not in their way of working for digital and everything has to be taken for the original files or whatever.

Don't know if they used official promo CD-Rs as a source for some remixes of the latest old digital singles, though.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW