Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

13 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

This has just been auto-linked to her profile on YouTube - not officially released by M or Rhino / Warner 

I get that, but her team is acknowledging it and obviously it's some strategy to reel more people into her old recording as well as her live recordings.  And after listening to those, it reminds me in how much she relies more on pre-recorded vocals and backing tracks than singing live these days.  Really miss just hearing her actually sing live throughout her shows, rather just a few here and there.

32 minutes ago, tscott said:

I get that, but her team is acknowledging it and obviously it's some strategy to reel more people into her old recording as well as her live recordings.  And after listening to those, it reminds me in how much she relies more on pre-recorded vocals and backing tracks than singing live these days.  Really miss just hearing her actually sing live throughout her shows, rather just a few here and there.

Where are they acknowledging it?

13 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

OK let's get into the weeds on the "Borderline" mixes:

• Album version (sometimes erroneously labeled as the US Remix or Remix in streaming services)
    • the version everyone hates and no one listens to
  • US Remix a.k.a. New Mix a.k.a. Extended Mix a.k.a. Jellybean Remix a.k.a. Extended Dance Remix a.k.a. 12" version
    • acoustic drums instead of drum machine
    • cowbell added
    • glockenspiel added during the intro
    • echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
    • echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
    • Longer than album version
    • Probably some other stuff in the mix too
  • Dub
    • also remixed by Jellybean but it's a dub though
  • Single Remix
    • used in the music video
    • An edit of the US Remix but:
      • no added cowbell at all
      • no echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • Brazilian single edit a.k.a album edit
    • a fade of the album version
  • It's That Girl remix a.k.a. radio remix a.k.a. radio version a.k.a. remix edit
    • just like the single remix, but:
      • with echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there 
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • The Immaculate Collection remix
    • just like the single remix, but:
      • mixed in Q-Sound
      • with cowbell added
      • no echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
  • Celebration remix (erroneously labeled as Single Remix on the new streaming releases)
    • very similar to The Immaculate Collection remix, but:
      • not mixed in Q-Sound
      • with echo-ey, booming snare drum hits here and there
      • with echo-ey vocals here and there ("borderline...line...line" & "lose my mind...mind...mind")
    • those added elements weren't added in exactly the same places as the It's That Girl Remix

See, it's super simple and not annoying or frustrating at all. 

👏👏👏

18 minutes ago, clkelley39 said:

• Single Remix
    • used in the music video
    • An edit of the US Remix but:
      • no added cowbell at all

Thanks for breaking this down in detail. NOW I understand what's what. This is the version I'm missing in my (streaming) life. It's the real drums without the cowbell I need.

The Immaculate version might suffice if it was actually available on the damn streaming version. All that extra reverb and delay in the Celebration version does my head in.

EMILY!!!

:drama:

1 minute ago, Bjonkers said:

Thanks for breaking this down in detail. NOW I understand what's what. This is the version I'm missing in my (streaming) life. It's the real drums without the cowbell I need.

The Immaculate version might suffice if it was actually available on the damn streaming version.

EMILY!!!

:drama:

You can find that version somewhere in this forum. I did. It's part of the Japanese CD Singles Collection box set. 

Or if you get desperate you can rip it from the music video. But there's a lot of white noise in the background of the video's audio, which is especially obvious during the intro.

Average  assume that the Celebration "wonderfully mastered" version is the single version and it becomes the most popular one.

But people don't care...

The 70's, 80's and some of 90's were magic! You could listen one version on the radio, then you had a different one on the music video and then you got the album version that was different from the 7"/single one. 

Nowadays you don't even get proper single releases anymore. Everything is available on streaming after the album is released. Pointless 

2 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Just a milisecond, check again. That is not present in the original 7''

Sounds more like a cymbal leading up to the beat that's been cut to me rather than a vocal note. Wasn't the Celebration version a Frankenstein reconstruction job? Possibly made with not with a lot of attention to detail...

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

One question: At 1:52... Madonna starts to sing and suddenly her voice is cut?

I don't know what that is. I don't think it's vocal because it sort of sounds like someone pronouncing the letter S, but if it were a bad edit, it would have been the letter K because the next thing Madonna sang in the unedited version (the US remix) was the line "Keep on pushing me baby".

To me it sounds like the quick open-and-close of the hi-hat cymbals. It sounds like they edited from 2:09-3:13 of the US Remix, but the drummer didn't exactly hit that opening in the same exact spot both times, so the cut made it sound longer/altered. I hope that makes sense. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW