Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, MPowered said:

No they aren't.

We have those stuff since ages… Has To Be deserves a reissue edition with JUST 4 unreleased tracks all WELL remastered. That’s it… the album will be on charts again… it’s not that hard…. LITERALLY ALL other artists do this. It’s a 25th anniversary for gods sake… 

50 minutes ago, Fontainebleau said:

I was so hoping for everything to be remastered.

Their remasters are very hit or miss, so better it's the original untouched.

This remixes package is truly a 1998 time capsule, right?

12c0f7fd5ccc124d062c6a5219c63836_w200.gi

She couldn't be cooler with her remixes in that era. I love that she took them so seriously, instead of just filling space to sell CD singles. (Let's pretend "The Power Of Good-Bye" remixes didn't happen haha).

"Has To Be"... I know everyone else here loves it but to me it's always felt very... well, what it is, bonus track, b-side material. While the Orbit production is lovely, something in general feels unfinished or "unreached". I feel she fully reached that feeling she was going for in the song later with "Time Stood Still", a masterpiece.

But I'm very happy it's finally on streaming, of course.

Praying for the remastered/upscaled HD video later today!

1 hour ago, Ayham said:

We have those stuff since ages… Has To Be deserves a reissue edition with JUST 4 unreleased tracks all WELL remastered. That’s it… the album will be on charts again… it’s not that hard…. LITERALLY ALL other artists do this. It’s a 25th anniversary for gods sake… 

Not all of it actually. With these “pointless” re-issue we have gotten versions of songs that have never been available digitally along with all the iconic cover art. People will be able to finally discover the full extent of her discography. Aside from that, it’s only beneficial for her to have her entire catalogue up on streaming to prevent…

1. piracy of previously released but out of print material

2. people from making money off of stuff they bought when it was cheap and reselling it for enormous amounts of money

The re-issues will NOT be cheap pressings of the original album with previously released material. I'm very very glad they are taking their time with that to keep the momentum and excitement and hopefully prepare some stunning and professionally designed physical editions. The fact we are getting most of the official singles and remixes/version points toward re-issues that will include previously UNRELEASED material. Outtakes from the vault, alternate versions and some more rare promo inly versions for some of the singles.

I don’t know why some of yall want a rush release of these editions just because it’s the 25th anniversary? Who said these re-issues have to be linked to anniversaries? No one!

40 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Not all of it actually. With these “pointless” re-issue we have gotten versions of songs that have never been available digitally along with all the iconic cover art. People will be able to finally discover the full extent of her discography. Aside from that, it’s only beneficial for her to have her entire catalogue up on streaming to prevent…

2. people from making money off of stuff they bought when it was cheap and reselling it for enormous amounts of money

The re-issues will NOT be cheap pressings of the original album with previously released material. I'm very very glad they are taking their time with that to keep the momentum and excitement and hopefully prepare some stunning and professionally designed physical editions. The fact we are getting most of the official singles and remixes/version points toward re-issues that will include previously UNRELEASED material. Outtakes from the vault, alternate versions and some more rare promo inly versions for some of the singles.

I don’t know why some of yall want a rush release of these editions just because it’s the 25th anniversary? Who said these re-issues have to be linked to anniversaries? No one!

I would love for the whole anniversary thing to be ignored, everyone is doing that and why let that dictate the release dates?

But I think the main reason nothing is coming is probably because she’s busy with other projects like the tour. If something is coming in July as rumoured it’s probably already done because she’ll hardly have time for that this year.

50 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

51 minutes ago, MPowered said:

Yes, no one. Streaming releases are messy and I don't like it. Why they are so clumsy? And what holds them back from releasing Madonna or any other remaster? Time for announcement.

1 minute ago, Kacper said:

Yes, no one. Streaming releases are messy and I don't like it. Why they are so clumsy? And what holds them back from releasing Madonna or any other remaster? Time for announcement.

Timing. We all want everything, now, but that's not how things work. "Finally Enough Love", the last big release, was only 6 months ago. The tour was announced less than two months ago. Makes sense that the next big thing comes maybe May/June/July.

Good timing means leaving space between events for fans to fill their wallets again. There's not point in over saturating the market and losing potential sales in the process.

But yeah, it's frustrating.

25 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Literally what you have been doing in here. It was clear from the moment they randomly released the Hanky Panky single that they would focus on THAT. The True Blue and Like a Prayer anniversary editions were a very messy experiment and I’m glad they haven’t done that shit for the other albums.

I lowkey hope there aren’t ANY re-issues coming at all just so yall have an actual reason to be pissed off!

8s1c.gif

15 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

She really could have left the Calderone remixes from that era to rot in 1998 and never be heard again. We only got these horrible flatuences in the first place because Ingrid was his manager (same with Tracy)

And the Calderone Club Mix is one of my all time favorite remixes with Madonna.

That one and Non-Stop Express Mix of Express Yourself are my favorites.

That's why I like that there are many remixes on some singles. There's something for everyone. :)

10 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Good timing means leaving space between events for fans to fill their wallets again. There's not point in over saturating the market and losing potential sales in the process.

Let's be honest. They had plenty of time for uploading missing stuff on streaming services since Madonna is present on them. But they waited till now. Pointless, now they're in rush. But that's streaming. I'm more more focused on physical releases. 

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Kinda. Meanwhile I can fed up myslef with Erotica merch. And that will make me happy.... for now. 😅

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I would love for the whole anniversary thing to be ignored, everyone is doing that and why let that dictate the release dates?

But I think the main reason nothing is coming is probably because she’s busy with other projects like the tour. If something is coming in July as rumoured it’s probably already done because she’ll hardly have time for that this year.

I think the first batch of re-issues are ready for release. I'm sure that everything's been done, and they're just waiting for the right moment to release them.

I also agree with @MPowered.  The first album will probably be a 40th anniversary edition, to kick off the reissue campaign, but not all albums will be anniversary reissues.  That would take forever, and I'd like to buy them before I retire in 20 years. :)

5 minutes ago, Celebration said:

I think the first batch of re-issues are ready for release. I'm sure that everything's been done, and they're just waiting for the right moment to release them.

I also agree with @MPoweredThe first album will probably be a 40th anniversary edition, to kick off the reissue campaign, but not all albums will be anniversary reissues.  That would take forever, and I'd like to buy them before I retire in 20 years. :)

I think so too. It’s the 40th anniversary of the first album this year. Obviously, they will kick things off with that if they truly want to re-release all albums. We will probably get a new one every few months but I’m guessing it will be a maximum of two or three per year.

Meanwhile, I am really happy that all those Ray Of Light remixes are out today. 
I remember the day they were released. I bought the maxi-cd and on my way home to my boyfriend's place, we listened to the remixes on my CD-freestyle/walkman on the tram and enjoyed the warm spring afternoon.

I used to play the Calerone Club Mix when I DJ:ed back in the day, and was in 7th heaven when the RoL album was released. After years of slow dull music, she was back with music in my taste.  :)

3 minutes ago, MPowered said:

I think so too. It’s the 40th anniversary of the first album this year. Obviously, they will kick things off with that if they truly want to re-release all albums. We will probably get a new one every few months but I’m guessing it will be a maximum of two or three per year.

And two-three reissues a year is a good pace.

I think Madonna comes this summer, and around october-november we'll get the next one. :)

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

Timing. We all want everything, now, but that's not how things work. "Finally Enough Love", the last big release, was only 6 months ago. The tour was announced less than two months ago. Makes sense that the next big thing comes maybe May/June/July.

they don’t care about your wallet… 😂😭🙃 since the announcement of the new deal which is like 3 years we got NOTHING but UPscaled videos & some old digital EPs horribly remastered.

1 hour ago, MPowered said:

Literally what you have been doing in here. It was clear from the moment they randomly released the Hanky Panky single that they would focus on THAT. The True Blue and Like a Prayer anniversary editions were a very messy experiment and I’m glad they haven’t done that shit for the other albums.

I lowkey hope there aren’t ANY re-issues coming at all just so yall have an actual reason to be pissed off!

8s1c.gif

The Voice Nightmare GIF

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW