Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

1 minute ago, jemboy1973 said:

It's interesting they have said "The original ‘Nothing Really Matters’ remixes and HD video are out now!"

Maybe I am looking too much into that, but why use the word original? 

I think they just meant "original" as "retro remixes from back then" and maybe to avoid questions about the promo mixes etc.

I became obsessed with Club 69 through Funky Green Dogs, that album cover of the naked guy on the motorcycle, and The Future Mix compilations he put out. I wanted him to mix M so bad. 

I loved and still love the NRM mixes. Like others have said, there is something for everyone. P wanted to impress her so bad, he made all of those mixes hoping just one made it. And she loved them all.

I could do without the Phunk mix though as it's basically the vocal mix with the House of Prince "Perfect Love" (epic track) synths.

What's interesting to me now is after finally hearing the beautiful demo of NRM, how both the K&D/Talvin mixes tapped into that sound and expanded on it, without having ever heard the demo I assume. 

I wonder why Calderone didn't mix this one. He was on a roll for her.

I remember reading an article during Confessions where it said Stuart influenced them to commission remixes that weren't from the usual "circuit party" djs because he thought all those late 90's/ early 00's mixes were tired lol

14 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

It’s truly mind boggling to me that anyone thinks the 69 remixes are “great” or even just good. To me they’re in the same vain as Barbie Girl.  Cheesy. Generic. Uninspiring,. Pathetic even. What other music do people who like this sort of stuff enjoy?? I’m forced to wonder….

The fact that radio played a 69 remix is exactly why the single tanked. Maybe the mixes worked in drugged out gay clubs where the quality of music is an afterthought? I don’t fucking know. 

I get that tastes differ but there is such a thing as universally awful and those remixes are that. 

Yes I’m a harsh motherfucker 🤣

Now I'm curious, what are some of your favorite M remixes?

I'm curious because her maxi singles featured a lot of "circuit" remixes. There were a few exceptions, of course. 

The way you feel about Club 69 is how I feel about the Aaron La Crate mix of "Miles Away". How that ever got officially released I'll never know.

Mark's mix of "Bedtime Story" is the better classic house mix to me. Love his "Unconscious In The Jungle" mix too. Those Chapter 2 mixes were cute. I also hammered all the Junior mixes when they were out though. But The Some Bizarre Mix of Secret still holds up most for me. I wish they were as creative with the Take a Bow mixes. 

18 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

Now I'm curious, what are some of your favorite M remixes?

I'm curious because her maxi singles featured a lot of "circuit" remixes. There were a few exceptions, of course. 

The way you feel about Club 69 is how I feel about the Aaron La Crate mix of "Miles Away". How that ever got officially released I'll never know.

I'm not DaddyZ but I agree so much with what he said.

My favorites remixes are :

True blue (Color)

Open your heart (Ext)

Causing a commotion (Movie house)

Into the groove (You can dance)

Where's the party (You can dance)

LAP (12'' extended)

JML (Orbit 12'')

Rescue me (Titanic)

Erotica (Masters at work)

Deeper & deeper (Shep's classic)

Fever (Murks Boys deep south)

Fever (Bugged out for bonzaï)

Secret (Bizarre)

Bedtime stories (Orbital)

Love don't live here anymore (Mark's vocal)

Love don't live here anymore (Early morning)

Frozen (Stereo MC's)

ROL (Sasha Twilo)

ROL (Sasha Ultraviolet)

Substitute for love (Sasha) >> Maybe best remix ever ?

Power of goodbye (Luke Slaters super luper) > yeah I know... But freedom comes !

NRM (Kruder & Dorfmeister) >> Awesome one !

NRM (Vikram)

Music (Groove Armada)

DTM (Calderone Sensory)

WIFLFAG (Calderone & Quayle)

Die another day (Thunderpuss) > very 'big' club but excellent

AL (Felix de Housecat)

Hollywood (Thin white duck)

Hollywood (Micronauts)

Sorry (PSB)

Jump (Thin white duck) >> excellent = drives me crazy

Jump (Extended)

GI2M (Sly and Robbie ragga) > very interesting to revisit the song

Revolver (David Guetta) > I hate him but I admit this remix is very good

Masterpiece (Kid Capri)

Medellin (Sphinx)

I don't search (Honey Dijon)

4 hours ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Is anyone gonna go ignore how hilarious she poses in the Hollywood video?I mean sorry but when she starts reaching for the camera like a spider i just crack out my throat.I demand the full American life era on streaming NOW!

good morning hello GIF

I love the Hollywood video and the American Life (director’s cut) video. Both in my top 10. It’s a shame she doesn’t work with Mondino anymore. 

17 hours ago, BuggedOut said:

It reminds me how so many fans prefer the Orbital Mix of a Bedtime Story over the amazing Junior mixes.

I don’t hate the Orbital Mix, I just vastly prefer Juniors.

I hate ALL Junior's remixes. To me, like the dated Club69 remixes, the Calderone ones (except for the WIFLFAG one) and the awful Offer Nissim's ones, they are cheap provincial gay discos material for 50 y/o wannabe gym queens. But that's just my opinon. And I did not like the Roxy and Tunnel and Twilo when i went to them because i was already clubbing in Paris and London and only cheap clubs played divas remixes there. I was very disappointed with New York's clubs. And these Madonna maxis tried to give something to her american fans and to her european fans who had different tastes. Those NRM club 69 remixes were post Daft Punk's first album and they sounded so 10 years ago when they (finally) got released (well Daft Punk became all shitty too with their horrible second album anyway). Orbital, Stereo Mc's, K&D etc... they totally recreated the songs making them almost like another song and that was interesting, the othe rones just made extended remixes, changing the more subtle album arrangements for cheap Roland loops that are more immediate on the dancefloor and at the gym.

On 3/28/2023 at 3:03 PM, Prayer said:

This can't be true. It's 2023, it would have been on the Internet for years now. Every other thing is, it's not like she's this obscure indie singer.

Anyone here has the VHS? My guess is the running time includes a little intro (remember how Warner always included an intro with the title on "The Immaculate Collection" and "93:99" too) and maybe the closing credits.

LmpwZWc.jpeg

LTc1OTUuanBlZw.jpeg

But I'd be happy to discover an official longer version of the video 25 years later, of course. :smile:

I found mine! All I need is a VCR player!! :) 

IMG_1460.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

4 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

I'm not DaddyZ but I agree so much with what he said.

My favorites remixes are :

True blue (Color)

Open your heart (Ext)

Causing a commotion (Movie house)

Into the groove (You can dance)

Where's the party (You can dance)

LAP (12'' extended)

JML (Orbit 12'')

Rescue me (Titanic)

Erotica (Masters at work)

Deeper & deeper (Shep's classic)

Secret (Bizarre)

Bedtime stories (Orbital)

Love don't live here anymore (Mark's vocal)

Love don't live here anymore (Early morning)

Frozen (Stereo MC's)

ROL (Sasha Twilo)

ROL (Sasha Ultraviolet)

Power of goodbye (Luke Slaters super luper) > yeah I know... But freedom comes !

NRM (Kruder & Dorfmeister) >> Awesome one !

NRM (Vikram)

Music (Groove Armada)

DTM (Calderone Sensory)

WIFLFAG (Calderone & Quayle)

AL (Felix de Housecat)

Hollywood (Thin white duck)

Hollywood (Micronauts)

Sorry (PSB)

Jump (Extended)

Masterpiece (Kid Capri)

Medellin (Sphinx)

I don't search (Honey Dijon)

Just responding to the ones you don't like and the ones with questions because I LOVE everything else you listed...

I live for Murk "If You Really You Want Somebody" but there remixes of this song do nothing for me. It's Peggy's Nightclub version for me.

Yes this has aged very well. He should have worked on the Music album.

Agreed. I love the audacity of this one. Although Fabien's Good God Mix is amazing and gets shit on by fans for some reason?

I was so disappointed with this mix when it came out lol I loved all their ridiculous boom boom bullshit. This mix sounds empty to me. There worst is really that GHV2 Holiday Mashup up demo that, thank God, stayed a demo.

Sorry (PSB)  

I love PSB. I wanted them to produce Hard Candy, I like this mix. It's good... I also think all the other mixes on the maxi are better.

My favorite version.

Love it!

Every version of this song should be used to roast marshmallows.

Masterpiece (Kid Capri)

This mix sounds really cheap to me.

Medellin (Sphinx)

The only Offer mix I enjoy is "God Control", which might be the most circuity? Lol I don't love this song. But enjoy the Monsieur Adi remix the most.

I don't search (Honey Dijon) 

Another disappointment. Honey is legendary. This sounds fan made and basic. The Monsieur Adi remix is the one if you like weird mixes.

It looks like the Nothing really matters remixes are pulling decent numbers on Spotify?

I wonder if we're getting American Life on Friday. Are they going to have the anniversary campaign of Ray of light and American Life overlap? Or will they release The Power of goodbye and Drowned world before they start with the American life singles?

40 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

It looks like the Nothing really matters remixes are pulling decent numbers on Spotify?

I wonder if we're getting American Life on Friday. Are they going to have the anniversary campaign of Ray of light and American Life overlap? Or will they release The Power of goodbye and Drowned world before they start with the American life singles?

The "Club 60 Vocal Club Mix", pushed for Release Radar, debuted with 83.710 on its first day, which is quite good. The rest of the "new" remixes are between 2.500-5.000 streams so far.

The "American Life" remixes next Friday would be a dream but... let's see.

18 hours ago, Shoful said:

All I want are American Life remixes and the OG video:drama:

Hopefully, it's the American Life remixes that we are getting this Friday (along with the four DAD mixes: 2 Vission - Mix & Edit, 2 Calderone - Mix & Dub), as well as the Director's Cut in HD

Wishful thinking, but who knows :lol:

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW