Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW

New_Boy

11 minutes ago, Andreo said:

BITCH, I was in the same situation a few months ago, I really thought it was going to be a basic club beat over a musical classic and I thought "ew, it's gonna suck for sure" and then... BAM! What an absolute banger! I'm still shocked after like 5 months and more since I discovered it. I still thanks Godonna daily for the Miami Mix to exist. CHECK IT OUT, IT'S A HOE ANTHEM! 

I remember the Miami Mix getting played on the radio in '96. It was the same summer that "Macarena" was a gigantic hit. 

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

Omg i cannot believe what i am reading! What flop fans! Its actually what made me a fan as a 9 year old in 1997! I was shocked to rent Evita on VHS and patiently waited for it and was so confused it was so slow! The miami mix IS THE VERSION! It was everywhere! That should've been the one on GHV2! Its like never hearing the thunderpuss remix of whitneys its not right but its ok! What a gay sin!

The Miami version is the version that makes the song hers.  The soundtrack version of DC4MA belongs to Eva Peron.  The Miami Mix is all Madonna......  xoxox

58 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

The Miami version is the version that makes the song hers.  The soundtrack version of DC4MA belongs to Eva Peron.  The Miami Mix is all Madonna......  xoxox

That is SO true! Honestly it's more than a remix, it's like a different song. The way she sings the lyrics it feels like HER life and career experiences. I always felt she should've performed it for Confessions instead of La Isla Bonita.

4 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

Honey give us the T :Madonna003:

Apparently, Emily has a team who is responsible for remastering her videos in HD/4K.

They use film negatives, master tapes and ProRes natives as their sources.

Hmmmm... what do y'all think? I feel like Justify My Love and Erotica are from film negatives while Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Cherish, Express Yourself, Secret, Take a Bow, Bedtime Story, Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger and What It Feels Like For A Girl are from master tapes. Get Together, Hung Up and Jump are ProRes. GMAYL is just the FHD master.

I dunno. What do you think, sweeties?

3 minutes ago, Roy said:

Apparently, Emily has a team who is responsible for remastering her videos in HD/4K.

They use film negatives, master tapes and ProRes natives as their sources.

Hmmmm... what do y'all think? I feel like Justify My Love and Erotica are from film negatives while Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Cherish, Express Yourself, Secret, Take a Bow, Bedtime Story, Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger and What It Feels Like For A Girl are from master tapes. Get Together, Hung Up and Jump are ProRes. GMAYL is just the FHD master.

I dunno. What do you think, sweeties?

Lies. None of those videos look like real film transfer. 

5 minutes ago, Roy said:

Personally, JML and Erotica look like film transfers but especially JML because it looks so clean.

I doubt it. Could be the YouTube compression but the level of detail from a film transfer is just not there. Also it wouldn’t have the margins slightly cropped…

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

I doubt it. Could be the YouTube compression but the level of detail from a film transfer is just not there. Also it wouldn’t have the margins slightly cropped…

Erotica's sides aren't cropped. JML, from the Betamax master you gave me, does have a tad more information on the left but the HD remaster looks so clean and sharp.

They may have sourced SD masters, but these were def not scanned from the original film reels….

Had they actually done that, they would have mentioned it in the social promos, in the YouTube description. Her pr team would have wrote articles about it. Bobby Woods would have commented about it on twitter. 

Just now, Prayer said:

Artwork guidelines for most streaming and digital services don't allow logos or references to another albums or projects.

Original promo cover:

Zw.jpeg

aah I didn't know that.......its not actually difficult to recreate though. That scan is better than the official thing

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - Angel - OUT NOW