Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

13 hours ago, Roy said:

Apparently, Emily has a team who is responsible for remastering her videos in HD/4K.

They use film negatives, master tapes and ProRes natives as their sources.

Hmmmm... what do y'all think? I feel like Justify My Love and Erotica are from film negatives while Material Girl, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart, Cherish, Express Yourself, Secret, Take a Bow, Bedtime Story, Frozen, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger and What It Feels Like For A Girl are from master tapes. Get Together, Hung Up and Jump are ProRes. GMAYL is just the FHD master.

I dunno. What do you think, sweeties?

Erotica ( the sex book )was shot in 16 mm film so is never going to be upgraded ( you can’t polish a turd) apparently all her other videos were on film but sadly I doubt will be remastered from the original reels as M obviously can’t afford it ?? or probably even care now unless it’s an Instagram photo she can photoshop to make her look as young as a foetus ?

22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Erotica ( the sex book )was shot in 16 mm film so is never going to be upgraded ( you can’t polish a turd) apparently all her other videos were on film but sadly I doubt will be remastered from the original reels as M obviously can’t afford it ?? or probably even care now unless it’s an Instagram photo she can photoshop to make her look as young as a foetus ?

Lol that’s so not true. 16mm film can be transferred to HD and looks amazing!

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

Out on Apple Music NZ now:

https://music.apple.com/nz/album/dont-cry-for-me-argentina/1611201455

Cover as expected!

1000x1000bb-60.jpg

(So iconic)

Emily used the 1996 Maxi Single cover for the Australian market to make the digital EP cover:

IMG-20220224-WA0024.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Amazon has it as a new release.

Apple Music (Canada) doesn't even have it yet. What is Emily doing?! Since Oksana is filing frivolous lawsuits against Madonna's camp can she sue Emily for emotional distress and damages please? The Miami Mix deserves better treatment!

37 minutes ago, Husam Elzien said:

Apple Music (Canada) doesn't even have it yet. What is Emily doing?! Since Oksana is filing frivolous lawsuits against Madonna's camp can she sue Emily for emotional distress and damages please? The Miami Mix deserves better treatment!

Try searching for don’t cry for me Argentina and you’ll find it - maybe it’s just my iTunes but I can’t see it when I search under Madonna - weird 

They've changed their strategy with this one. Instead of sending it as a new 2022 release to take advantage of Release Radar and later change the date to the original one (1996), like the rest of the digital singles; they've kept the original 1996 date right from the start.

It's available on her Singles discography on Spotify and on Compilations on Apple Music (that's automatic and a mistake from Apple Music's part, not Warner, will be updated later, I guess).

I can't figure out why they've changed this with "Argentina"... maybe with her growing so much on Spotify thanks for "Frozen" and "Material Girl" they don't want to confuse potential new fans with a Latin camp 1996 remix released as new? That's the only reason I can think of, that they're saving the impact of her next Release Radar entry for the new "Frozen" remixes o whatever. But still... there's no limit on Release Radar, she could have a new song there each week if they wanted to...

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

They've changed their strategy with this one. Instead of sending it as a new 2022 release to take advantage of Release Radar and later change the date to the original one (1996), like the rest of the digital singles; they've kept the original 1996 date right from the start.

It's available on her Singles discography on Spotify and on Compilations on Apple Music (that's automatic and a mistake from Apple Music's part, not Warner, will be updated later, I guess).

I can't figure out why they've changed this with "Argentina"... maybe with her growing so much on Spotify thanks for "Frozen" and "Material Girl" they don't want to confuse potential new fans with a Latin camp 1996 remix released as new? That's the only reason I can think of, that they're saving the impact of her next Release Radar entry for the new "Frozen" remixes o whatever. But still... there's no limit on Release Radar, she could have a new song there each week if they wanted to...

Qobuz and Deezer list it as 2022 so it varies depending on the platform. Not sure why though.

8 hours ago, Jackie said:

Try searching for don’t cry for me Argentina and you’ll find it - maybe it’s just my iTunes but I can’t see it when I search under Madonna - weird 

I did that before I went to bed and only got the album version and the GHV2 versions. Woke up this morning and found it under compilations. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW