Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

Released on March 3, 2000, American Pie reached #1 in a lot of countries, including the UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. Ironically there was no commercial single release in the US, but the single still reached the #29 spot, just based on airplay.

So the "new" ones would be the 10:35 one and the 6:15 one, right? I mean 1st time in digital??.

1 minute ago, milingo83 said:

https://music.apple.com/sg/album/american-pie-single/1613839485

To me is a little bit wired, to be honest seems a non authorize release ?

Well spotted good find it's not coming up on mine but looks like the next release 

Another streaming single to add to the account :06:

So is this official then? Maybe the "TBD" is an internal mark "to be determinated" and they forgot to put the copyright info?

It's on iTunes and Apple Music too and it's been ages since any unofficial released has passed their filters.

A Tuesday release is completely random, but I was thinking the other day that with the "Frozen" remix success and being given a full new release treatment, the old strategy for the old singles as new releases on Friday, etc. can be done anymore, at least not at the moment. Everything is focused on "Frozen" remix so makes no sense to suddenly have "Argentina" or "American Pie" as latest release, even if they change it with the correct date days later.

I'm happy with random releases as long as they keep coming! HD video too, please.

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Damn was really really hoping the JBs downtempo mix of this would have made it on it’s my favourite remix of this and one of my fave Madonna remixes ever. 
still another one x 

Definitely the best mix, gives it a bit more edge and stops it being 'just' a pop song. Missed opportunity :(

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Released on March 3, 2000, American Pie reached #1 in a lot of countries, including the UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Finland, Germany, Italy, and Switzerland. Ironically there was no commercial single release in the US, but the single still reached the #29 spot, just based on airplay.

So the "new" ones would be the 10:35 one and the 6:15 one, right? I mean 1st time in digital??.

Nah, they were on the CD Maxi and CD Single respectively

Maybe they’re releasing soundtrack singles since those albums will not be part of the 50 anniversary thing?

re: American pie: I am super happy, I bought this single at the time and played it non stop. The only one I am missing from my favorites is don’t tell me

Edited by Diieeego (see edit history)

This looks like it was entered with the wrong date on some server and got uploaded today by accident. Gotta laugh at them mis-tagging Richard 'Humpy' Vission on Spotify! Still great to have these. I love her version of American Pie , gorgeous soulful vocals and I remember being mesmerised by the cover at the time....

Might be taken down in the morning and uploaded again on Friday with correct label info etc...

1 hour ago, Diieeego said:

Maybe they’re releasing soundtrack singles since those albums will not be part of the 50 anniversary thing?

What I've noticed is that we only have one single from Erotica and Ray of light, but all of the Bedtime Stories singles. So that could be an indication that those two albums will get remastered first, and Bedtime Stories might not get one. 

9 hours ago, steady75 said:

Damn was really really hoping the JBs downtempo mix of this would have made it on it’s my favourite remix of this and one of my fave Madonna remixes ever. 
still another one x 

This one is not an official remix, right? I could only find a SoundCloud link to it but no promo info or anything:

31 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This one is not an official remix, right? I could only find a SoundCloud link to it but no promo info or anything:

It is official and missed the deadline at the time, so it went unreleased. I believe the 256kbps mp3 around comes from the remixer himself. Haven't seen a lossless version yet.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW