Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

12 hours ago, Prayer said:

It's a great recreation but I don't think the new one is THAT bad either. Let's compare:

760x760sr-60.jpg

About the white border: usually covers with any kind of borders are not allowed by the digital platforms, especially Apple is very strict about this. I know the original had it but keep that in mind. Probably they took it out to avoid any trouble.

The rest of the design is the same except for the shadow on the name and the title, also understandable cause titles should be easy to read on the covers they put on digital platforms (usually displayed on small), and that wasn't the case with the original cover. I don't love the shadow but that could be the reason for it.

Picture itself looks quite good to me?

Personally I think some of you are doing too much about this new cover when it's not even that bad and respects the original.

Am I the only one who’s seeing that the new cover doesn’t respect the colors of the original?

Also the shadow is really ugly and cheap looking. There’s plenty of covers out there where the text is not easily readable 

21 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Am I the only one who’s seeing that the new cover doesn’t respect the colors of the original?

Also the shadow is really ugly and cheap looking. There’s plenty of covers out there where the text is not easily readable 

The original photoshoot is like that, it was brightened for the single cover:

rebecca-danenberg-ss-dress.jpg?w=640

2000-dah-len-american-pie-9.jpg?w=565

2000-dah-len-american-pie-8.jpg?w=548

Just now, Prayer said:

The original photoshoot is like that, it was brightened for the single cover:

rebecca-danenberg-ss-dress.jpg?w=640

2000-dah-len-american-pie-9.jpg?w=565

2000-dah-len-american-pie-8.jpg?w=548

Yes I know that’s how the original photo shoot is. It wasn’t just brightened. The colors are altered too to look more appealing.

If they wanted to recreate the cover they should have paid attention to that as well like @Curtainsdid in his design

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Oh I think it’s so pretty!!

Me too! :hearteyes:

Personally, this was "my" single cover:

LmpwZWc.jpeg

Reversed! I was so used to this version that I love the reversed picture even more.

This European CD3 was the only one (in Europe) to include both set of remixes (Calderone and Richard Vission) together! I think CD1 and CD2 didn't cause there was a 20-minute limit rule for the UK charts to be elegible.

16 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

Actually, that dress is gorgeous and Madonna looks beautiful.

It’s fashion today thats fucking ugly: from boxy looking clothes, to shorter length pants to women working out in their underwear. Bluuurgh!!

I don't like Madonna looking demure specially when it was done to atone for the sex book which hung like an albatross around her neck for 15 years.

25 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I uploaded a folder that has the album/EP/single covers used for my remastered discography series at the request of @thegoldencalf. Felt like some of you may also like to have the files so here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lJaK2gU-xM8J6du056QNdkpxEJ6qTjAl?usp=sharing

That's very kind of you. Thank you for sharing!

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

I uploaded a folder that has the album/EP/single covers used for my remastered discography series at the request of @thegoldencalf. Felt like some of you may also like to have the files so here's a link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lJaK2gU-xM8J6du056QNdkpxEJ6qTjAl?usp=sharing

Thanks so much!

On 3/23/2022 at 2:43 PM, Curtains said:

Thanks!

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW