Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

2 hours ago, Stevie B said:

They managed to master and distribute the original album back in 1986 without cutting the intro off three of the tracks, but not for the “remastered” version in 2021. Same with the Celebration CD - Erotica and Cherish were edited incorrectly and the cd was then corrected and reissued, Hollywood had the beats from American life audible on the intro, Die Another Day had the intro clipped and Music had digital pops and clicks not heard on the original. This isn’t about people being fussy or trying to be a sound engineer. It’s about the record company maintaining good professional standards and not redistributing music in a defective state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never encountered any of these errors and I buy everything on day one.

Well, I implore you to listen to "Music" on any copy of "Celebration", and if you still hear nothing wrong, your opinion simply isn't relevant, for whichever reason, be it genuine inability to hear these things, or stan goggles. I really suspect it's the latter.

I have never encountered any of these errors and I buy everything on day one.

Just because you haven’t noticed the errors doesn’t mean they don’t exist. They do. But the point is that quality control is poor. Even the liner notes on celebration gave incorrect writer’s credits. They DID reissue a corrected version of the Celebration CD (I have version 1 and version 2 and they are listed on Discogs) with Cherish and Erotica edits corrected. On Erotica the error version cuts a beat too late after the Arabic chant bridge and on Cherish they edited the lyric to “Cant get away I won’t let… to” rather than “I could never forget to”. Die another day and Hollywood were simply lifted from the American life cd which has incorrect track markers, and clips the intros. As someone else mentions “Music” still isn’t fixed. But if these things aren’t a problem for you, I accept that. But it annoys the hell out of other people, me included. And the messed up intros on the new True Blue digital release is just careless.

What I don't understand about all of this is why in Japan can make a box set with her singles from 1983 to 1995 with versions released only on vinyl with an amazing quality but now they use CDrips to make the album anniversary of "True blue". How does it work? What did the Japanese Warner used to do that compilation?

Some times I think that it's that they just don't care but here, on the forum, someone told that Rusty Egan was asked for the masters of "Everybody" to use them on future releases. If I'm not wrong in 2004 (more or less) there were rumors about Caresse (I think it was she) was taking all the masters of what Madonna was recorded and released to digitalized them too and "Celebration" had a sticker saying "Remastered using the original tapes". That's what I don't understand about all this.

Who has the masters? Warner Japan? Madonna? What about the remixes used in compilatios like the edit of "Lucky star" or "Causing a commotion" included on the Gold Discs TM Century? I guess Warner had to give them the song to add it... Don't know, I'm completly lost with this situation...

About the "True blue" edition... I think it's just OK, good for the general public and that's all... The intentions were good but as she sang in for Minutes "The road to hell..."

What I don't understand about all of this is why in Japan can make a box set with her singles from 1983 to 1995 with versions released only on vinyl with an amazing quality but now they use CDrips to make the album anniversary of "True blue". How does it work? What did the Japanese Warner used to do that compilation?
Some times I think that it's that they just don't care but here, on the forum, someone told that Rusty Egan was asked for the masters of "Everybody" to use them on future releases. If I'm not wrong in 2004 (more or less) there were rumors about Caresse (I think it was she) was taking all the masters of what Madonna was recorded and released to digitalized them too and "Celebration" had a sticker saying "Remastered using the original tapes". That's what I don't understand about all this.
Who has the masters? Warner Japan? Madonna? What about the remixes used in compilatios like the edit of "Lucky star" or "Causing a commotion" included on the Gold Discs TM Century? I guess Warner had to give them the song to add it... Don't know, I'm completly lost with this situation...
About the "True blue" edition... I think it's just OK, good for the general public and that's all... The intentions were good but as she sang in for Minutes "The road to hell..."

The single edit of Lucky Star on the TM Century comps is their own edit. There are two slightly different edits (the intro differs) but both are well executed. But it isn’t ‘the’ edit used by Warner on the 7” or video. It’s actually edited slightly better!

But yes, they must have all of the masters digitised from back in the 90s since they did the Japanese boxset and German yellow series campaign around that time.

1 hour ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Do you reckon we might still the missing mixes from True Blue? If they are listening to the feedback and fixing the intro to Where's the Party and Love makes the world go round, they could add them, right? 

No, they can edit tracks on a release (and replaced them with fixed ones, for instance) but they can't add more tracks to an already out release. They would need to take "True Blue 35th" down and send another version of it with more songs.

If we’d just got the  12 inch versions like the Like A Prayer playlist id say we will get the True Blue single releases.  …but we got most of the other mixes apart from the single versions. It’s an odd flex not to include it all but yeah I think the likelihood is low. Japanese Super EP’s at best. 
I imagine Rustys mixes for Everybody were collated to give the impending Madonna 2023 40th anniversary playlist some new material because… I mean we kinda got most things already on the standard edition on Spotify huh? They need something additional to push it. 

19 hours ago, scamper said:

Some times I think that it's that they just don't care

It’s probably about money. Back in the mid 90’s they were making way more out of all those physical releases. Streaming does not make even a fraction of that especially not an older artist. So they would be putting far less time/effort/care into this than those releases than physical ones in the 90’s. And they sure as hell aren’t going to spend money going into archives getting the original tapes and all of that. It’s not as easy as we think it is I’m sure.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW