Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 11/6/2021 at 9:29 PM, baymad4her said:

I didn't know she had one! 

As I said, I'm still waiting for Express Yourself. Why have they not updated that one ?

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvHf4SnA7f8uK47aAgk6EzgbNcRxK98LM

Whenever a video is upgraded to HD, its added here.

• New_Boy changed the title to Single reissues campaign - Justify My Love HD Music Video OUT NOW

I hope we'll get something more before the end of the year! Especially some maxi singles please :drama:

Dear Emily, how can I trust you after months of disappointment and betrayal? How could I not want to slap you face, again and again?
I will never be settled, you've given us too much. You cannot turn back. I have been pleased, excited, dissapointed and sad. In the end, I still have hope. I still believe in your goodness.

tumblr_nm7blo5uWs1r8jjn6o2_250.gifv 

2 hours ago, CYSMM said:

I don't find the quality that good to be honest I am a bit disappointed with JML. It seems more noisy, maybe it's just an impression...

I agree with you there I have a new 55” 4K tv and it’s the worst HD remaster out of all of them, the part where they’re in the corridor there is light shadow on his leg and the picture just seems shadowy and grainy. 

20 hours ago, Matty said:

I agree with you there I have a new 55” 4K tv and it’s the worst HD remaster out of all of them, the part where they’re in the corridor there is light shadow on his leg and the picture just seems shadowy and grainy. 

I still think Secret is the worst. JML doesnt look that bad but i really wish we would get TRUE HD versions

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

I still think Secret is the worst. JML doesnt look that bad but i really wish we would get TRUE HD versions

These are HD. The problem is nowadays everyone has 4k TVs and these uploads are half of that resolution. 

Full HD uploads would make sense 10 years ago not in 2021.

1 hour ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

These are HD. The problem is nowadays everyone has 4k TVs and these uploads are half of that resolution. 

Full HD uploads would make sense 10 years ago not in 2021.

Nope. The issue is that they are NOT true HD. Compare older films on VHS to DVD then Bluray. They are not rescanning the original film which is why its not true HD. Alot of effort goes into HD and maybe some people think just because its not in 480 that all of a sudden it must be a true HD version but that's not the case. An example would be the MDNA bluray. Since the main show was the Miami show, they had HD cameras etc and those scenes are very obviously HD while other scenes do not look as crisp because they were not shot using those same HD cameras despite technically the bluray being 1080 there is a very obvious difference, same goes for these so called "HD" versions.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Nope. The issue is that they are NOT true HD. Compare older films on VHS to DVD then Bluray. They are not rescanning the original film which is why its not true HD. Alot of effort goes into HD and maybe some people think just because its not in 480 that all of a sudden it must be a true HD version but that's not the case. An example would be the MDNA bluray. Since the main show was the Miami show, they had HD cameras etc and those scenes are very obviously HD while other scenes do not look as crisp because they were not shot using those same HD cameras despite technically the bluray being 1080 there is a very obvious difference, same goes for these so called "HD" versions.

Basically it's upscaled/fake HD.

The comment about "straight from the director's original files" is intriguing, though and at least shows Madonna's team is reading fan comments and care. Mondino did the upscale himself? Did he provide the best version of the file he could and Madonna's team/Warner/Rhino did the rest?

Anyway let's hope we can have all the rest of Mondino's videos soon too.

44 minutes ago, Prayer said:

The comment about "straight from the director's original files" is intriguing, though and at least shows Madonna's team is reading fan comments and care. Mondino did the upscale himself? Did he provide the best version of the file he could and Madonna's team/Warner/Rhino did the rest?

Exactly, to say that the issue is 4k tvs is ridiculous. GGW is in 720 and still looks better than these "HD" versions. Im wondering if the "directors original files" comment is even true. Who knows if its just the quickest thing they could find and just went with it. JML isnt terrible but it's really surprising how its obviously not true HD. 

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Exactly, to say that the issue is 4k tvs is ridiculous. GGW is in 720 and still looks better than these "HD" versions. Im wondering if the "directors original files" comment is even true. Who knows if its just the quickest thing they could find and just went with it. JML isnt terrible but it's really surprising how its obviously not true HD. 

It must be true... they've waited MONTHS to upload it. Maybe for some reason back when they announced it Mondino saw and contact M's team to offer the original file or the other way around. Maybe Mondino has spent 2021 learning how to upscale the video. :cute:

Joking but I mean, they don't need to lie about that, they didn't mention anything about original files or anything with all the other remasters.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

It must be true... they've waited MONTHS to upload it. Maybe for some reason back when they announced it Mondino saw and contact M's team to offer the original file or the other way around. Maybe Mondino has spent 2021 learning how to upscale the video. :cute:

Joking but I mean, they don't need to lie about that, they didn't mention anything about original files or anything with all the other remasters.

Well...to be fair at that time supposedly it WAS uploaded then supposedly flagged...if you recall the SD version was censored so I'm going to assume this HD version is the same uncensored one from Dec and they probably had to work some sort of deal or whatever. And very true about the other remasters just odd and theorizing since this still isn't a true HD version. 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

I'm more surprised at the fact Warner Bros doesn't have tapes for all Madonna's music videos. I mean...Madonna is their biggest act ever, lmao. How is it possible they don't have this archived somewhere?

18 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

I'm more surprised at the fact Warner Bros doesn't have tapes for all Madonna's music videos. I mean...Madonna is their biggest act ever, lmao. How is it possible they don't have this archived somewhere?

They have to have them, I mean it's Madonna :Madonna033: My theory is that they don't remaster the videos properly because it's way more expensive than these upscales.

9 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Pop music is disposable. Warner probably have the original masters for the final SD videos and that's it.

Look at all the other remasters for other artists, most of them are upscales too. Only if the artists themselves or the directors kept the original reels they can do a proper remaster. Record companies were and are into making lots of money today, usually they never think about the future.

16 hours ago, lucasciccone said:

They have to have them, I mean it's Madonna :Madonna033: My theory is that they don't remaster the videos properly because it's way more expensive than these upscales.

it's obvious that they are somewhere. These videos cost a lot of money. And she is a major artist. There's no way they weren't at Warner's or directly in Madonna's archives (she'd keep her costumes, accessories, notebooks but not the masters of her videos ? Come on ! ).

You're probably right, t's too expensive for proper resmasters. 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

This is the proper remastering for tapes. For anything better they need the film reels

Yeah I know, I'm talking about real HD remasters. They surely have the film reels stored somewhere, but I guess it's too expensive? (and way more difficult). And of course the fact that Madonna has a huge videography, so...

Maybe the real true 4K HD remasters will be on Blu-rays for each album anthology.

Collect the associated videos and remaster them properly along with any KEY performances for that era.

So for the first album -- Everybody, Burning Up, Lucky Star, Borderline .. maybe the American Bandstand performance with Dick Clark footage for Holiday. 

And then for LAV .. all the videos, and the MTV VMA performance of LAV. 

So they can slowly get them all released to us physically in PRISTINE versions, and then replace the upscaled versions on streaming services at that time. But for now, the upscales - if that's all we get - is better than not upscaled. 

And not everyone cares how perfect they are. But Madonna and her fans do deserve perfect. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW