Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

I don’t miss mid 90’s Madonna. 95 to 98 was a fucking chore. Bedtime Stories is one of my favourite albums now but the energy completely dropped out of her star between The Girlie Show and Ray Of Light. 
It was the decade of side and film projects and I’d have much rather had two more studio albums but no use complaining it’s done. 
The sheer amount of ballad songs is exhausting. Thank god she pretty much killed the Madonna ballad in the 00’s.

2 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Did you guys see that? I've just seen a notification from Madonna’s official YT channel of a remastered HD Express Yourself/Deeper performance from the Girlie Show, but as soon as I clicked it the notification was gone! 

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

38 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's here:

I was like WTF :smile: Guess it's a nice surprise!

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

Edited by Where's The Party? (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

Wait, this is the original HBO broadcast version they've upgraded! You can tell by certain shots they've used, in particular in Deeper and Deeper. For example, when she says "can you feel it", the "DVD" version pans to a shot of the audience after, this one stays focused solely on M.

I don't know, it's been some since I watched the Sydney DVD but I also noticed some things I thought I had not seen before on the official release?

Could anyone confirm, please?

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I don't know, it's been some since I watched the Sydney DVD but I also noticed some things I thought I had not seen before on the official release?

Could anyone confirm, please?

It's definitely the HBO version, at least for Deeper and Deeper. You can check out the comparison here, from 23:00 onwards (Deeper & Deeper only). The shots are identical.

19 minutes ago, Where's The Party? said:

Also the quality is impressive 

36 minutes ago, Andreo said:

So they started remastering performances too! So excited! I'd love to get like, almost every performance in HD from the DWT, it's my favorite! Impressive Instant, Sky Fits Heaven, so many great ones there! 

Also, can't wait for the remix! 

I’m not sure if this is a remaster as in using AI upscaling technology or just an HD transfer from the original tapes.

Also it’s interesting that it’s 50fps which is the native frame rate for TV broadcasting 

10 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I’m not sure if this is a remaster as in using AI upscaling technology or just an HD transfer from the original tapes.

Also it’s interesting that it’s 50fps which is the native frame rate for TV broadcasting 

Well, anyways, I think it looks gorgeous, so I wish the others will look as good and even better :)

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW