Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW

New_Boy

On 7/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, New_Boy said:

This YouTuber hinted otherwise. It's a great little explainer, but I'm glad to be proven wrong.

If Madonna & Warner are not doing it maybe the directors will. I mean David Fincher, Mark Romanek, Mondino etc...could be interested in having their work properly broadcast. 

50 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

If Madonna & Warner are not doing it maybe the directors will. I mean David Fincher, Mark Romanek, Mondino etc...could be interested in having their work properly broadcast. 

They must want some kind of incentive for it. And I’d imagine the directors don’t own the original film reels.

If it was so easy for directors to do this, you’d think they’d be sending it out to Warner’s or just posting the new HD transfers themselves.

Mary Lambert posted a whole thread on Twitter a few months ago how lackluster these upscales are.

40 minutes ago, deathproof said:

They must want some kind of incentive for it. And I’d imagine the directors don’t own the original film reels.

If it was so easy for directors to do this, you’d think they’d be sending it out to Warner’s or just posting the new HD transfers themselves.

Mary Lambert posted a whole thread on Twitter a few months ago how lackluster these upscales are.

I don't know, Romanek & Cunningham used the video they made for her in their retrospective dvd's. I totally understand Mary Lambert because these videos are part of their directors art and portfolio as much as Madonna's. I can't wait to read Bobby Woods book about Propaganda films he said he wrote during quarantine. They produced all of Madonna's videos, commercials and Truth Or Dare (Paula even worked at Propaganda). The company was created by Woods and Fincher and de Mann & David Lynch put money in the company in the early 80's (Propaganda also produced the original Twin Peaks series). Propaganda shut down in 2003. Woods not only directed Deeper & Deeper and ran Propaganda but he was also the mastermind behind all Madonna's videos and visuals. 

On 7/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, Blue Jean said:

They look better to me.

If I’m honest I am much happier with these upgrades than what we had on YouTube previously (480p.) I hope they do all her videos.

I think it’s most likely cost that prevents them from doing a better job. The expense of going back and rescanning/editing film would be enormous. But she is not the only artist with crap quality YouTube videos. There are many many older artists that don’t even have all their videos on YouTube at all.

The fact is these old videos were never intended to be watched and scrutinized on 4K TV’s. So to expect that quality is unrealistic.

The cost is enormous for an independent person. A huge company like Warner can do it pretty cheap and effective.

I think it’s not happening yet because there’s not a team in charge of it. And probably it’s challenging to track down all the footage especially for Madonna’s huge catalogue.

Also a project like this can be monetized long term by making the HD videos available for purchase and releasing a Blu-ray 

And while the upscales might suck they are perfectly acceptable for YouTube. And much better than other artists upscales. 

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

do you have the link for her thread? 

2 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

The cost is enormous for an independent person. A huge company like Warner can do it pretty cheap and effective.

I think it’s not happening yet because there’s not a team in charge of it. And probably it’s challenging to track down all the footage especially for Madonna’s huge catalogue.

Also a project like this can be monetized long term by making the HD videos available for purchase and releasing a Blu-ray 

And while the upscales might suck they are perfectly acceptable for YouTube. And much better than other artists upscales. 

Is it Madonna’s team doing this stuff or is it Rhino/Warner? If it’s the latter than I can see why they wouldn’t bother going to the ends of the Earth. They could not release a Bluray or anything like that without her agreeing to it.

1 hour ago, Bjonkers said:

Papa Don't Preach album version has been fixed on Spotify. A True Blue miracle.

Alas, they didn't have the foresight to combine its plays with the Celebration version, so numbers are split. Sigh.

Finally! So now they should fix the wrong versions in "Madonna" and the 80's albums would be ok. I hope they can merge the splitted tracks at some point, I don't know if it's possible.

2 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

Papa Don't Preach album version has been fixed on Spotify. A True Blue miracle.

Alas, they didn't have the foresight to combine its plays with the Celebration version, so numbers are split. Sigh.

Omg it's a miracle! That alone would be enough for the "True Blue surprises". 

But I'm guessing they did this because something's coming. At very least we are getting the Papa don't preach mixes. Some optimistic fans might even think we're getting all the mixes from the True blue era. 

12 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

I can't be bothered to listen to the debut album on Spotify right now. What's wrong with it? And with The Immaculate Collection? 

AFAIK for the digital download and streaming of the first album it's the same tracks as the 2001 remastered version, except "Holiday" is a 3:51 edited version of the The Immaculate Collection Q-Sound version and "Borderline" uses the U.S. Extended Remix. 

The ''Remastered'' 10-track edition includes all tracks from the original album and two bonus remixes of "Burning Up" and "Lucky Star". This version includes a longer version of "Everybody" – 6:02. This version replaced the 1985 international re-release and reverted the album back to its original artwork and title in those territories it was released in

8 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

AFAIK for the digital download and streaming of the first album it's the same tracks as the 2001 remastered version, except "Holiday" is a 3:51 edited version of the The Immaculate Collection Q-Sound version and "Borderline" uses the U.S. Extended Remix. 

The ''Remastered'' 10-track edition includes all tracks from the original album and two bonus remixes of "Burning Up" and "Lucky Star". This version includes a longer version of "Everybody" – 6:02. This version replaced the 1985 international re-release and reverted the album back to its original artwork and title in those territories it was released in

So the Re-issue is correct on Spotify? Only the original is messed up?

14 hours ago, BadGurlMadge said:

Why have they removed a bit of the intro on where’s the party? Have I missed that some original version doesn’t include the first drum beats in the intro 

Oh Christ you’re right. They’re so bloody basic. That’s really annoying. Dress you up Celebration teas. Does no one actually do a test listen. 

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - I'll Remember + vinyl mixes - OUT NOW